Udon Thani police chief goes after Facebook poster who he says defamed the force

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posters did not create the reputation of the RTP. The RTP has done that every well over the years all by itself. The police should accept the public perception about them and make a concerted effort over the next decade to change this perception ... which is unlikely to happen, of course, so the police should not get upset by public perception.

I've warned posters on this forum for a year about posting negative comments about the Thai Police and the Thai government.

I wonder how many had their visa extensions denied because of negative comments?

1 minute ago, Kabula said:

I've warned posters on this forum for a year about posting negative comments about the Thai Police and the Thai government.

I wonder how many had their visa extensions denied because of negative comments?

Probably no one 

Wow,is he really defaming certain police ? Or is he simply speaking a hint of the Truth? Freedom of speech comes to my mind. Sometimes one speaks the Truth and it hurts the person in question and they can't Take it (the truth).

It is dangerous , we all know this if a pickup gets rear ended full of people it is horrific.

If the police can enforce this , I wish them well.'

I hope they crack down on use of motor bikes as it scares the hell out of me to see bikes loaded with four people, little babies and all with no helmets.

A massive task to enforce as the poor will complain and it will create a massive transportation problem for getting children to school etc..

I drive very slowly around town, I cringe as bikes cut in front of vehicles every day, Thais seem to not care about safety it is just a free for all and me first is the only Rd rule to worry about.

3 hours ago, edwinchester said:

One wonders if such fragile egos should be working for the Police.

Maybe he should join some of my ex colleagues in the UK Police Force for a training day and see what they have to put up with.

Because of the PC politico's and press.

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

They also prove they don't think before they act.  This guy obviously didn't realise that by opening his mouth he has got people rolling on floor laughing and the criticism has increased a hundred fold.

But I suspect that they (and only they) actually think they’re doing a good job.

This is just a part of Thai Culture and we see it so often from authorities here, don't address the problem, attack the accuser. The defamation laws are a perfect example of this, it might be true what you said but you can still be found guilty. 

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Now all this idiot needs to do is spend more time actually doing constructive police work and less time whingeing and maybe he would then see positive comments.

He should get his force to learn to do more than just collect tea money and play with traffic lights.

I have noticed recently that there seem to be more new users on TV who are much more junta and police friendly in their posts than the usual TV posters. Seems to have happened right after the Nation took over control. Must be a coincidence? 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Pheerapong said that the reality was that his men had had a "softly, softly" approach to the pick-up seating issue just warning people first and not issuing any fines. This had begun on April 5th but the defamatory post came out on the 6th and it was untrue and damaging to the good name of himself and the force.

The words softly softly are a dead give a way. Rather surprised at the amount the poster claims for the fines but it  has to be split many ways watered down. Also rather surprised that the poster gave out these huge figures he better have proof to partially very partially cover his own posterior. He must have known the can of worms he was opening. I know the BIB is greedy but even these figures astound me. There is something definitely rotten in Denmark here. 

43 minutes ago, jonclark said:

I have noticed recently that there seem to be more new users on TV who are much more junta and police friendly in their posts than the usual TV posters. Seems to have happened right after the Nation took over control. Must be a coincidence? 

Invasion of the mind snatchers??

2 hours ago, biggles45 said:

This is just a part of Thai Culture and we see it so often from authorities here, don't address the problem, attack the accuser. The defamation laws are a perfect example of this, it might be true what you said but you can still be found guilty. 

Yes without the defamation law they would be defenseless (I don't like this word) Its an easy out for them as they can throw people into the justice system and that of course is another dicey level of government. The justice system more often than not says "guilty" and then the fear factor comes into play by example