Why Can’t Us Brits enjoy life like Thais?

Inspire

9 hours ago, yellowboat said:

The common Thai does not have that much to loose.  As you climb latter, you find the odds are not in your favor. 

Generally, the average Thai is a fun person.  Happy is another issue.  Again, as you climb the latter, you will find less fun. 

Maybe you would have more fun by riding the former instead of climbing the latter.

13 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

I 'am having 25% less fun since 24/06/16 thanks to 52% of short sighted nutters.

On 24/6/16 only 52% were moaners. What has happened since is that the other 48% have joined them, so the UK now has 100% moaners. Glad I live in Thailand.

12 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

But on 25% less my point .

Sorry, I thought 25 was just a figure you'd plucked from the air, or maybe 52 reversed. Point taken. Or it would have been if I could have understood what it was.

Here's why. The brits are upset because their fore Father's ruled many lands across many sea''s but unfortunately for a lot of them they also invited their slaves back who rose and rose and rose and are all now equal. Fast forward - Sprinkle some pension devotees who worked all their life and a tropical paradise together and all the issues the retirees face suddenly become an immigrants fault. Add that to their poor choice of partner + too much time and low cost beer and a barstool after barstool of the same rhetoric and create a website to further enforce that BS and your home free baby.

On 4/17/2017 at 7:48 AM, Orac said:

Maybe some too busy living in the past to have fun - the world before colour was invented looked to be a grim place.

DM's, Fred perrys, Levi's and Harringtons... fashion icons even in black and white.

"We're good at business and they're good at art" ... what a load of patronising <deleted>.

"Oh look at them, without a care in the world, smiles on their faces, why can't we be more like these simple folk"

What hippy drippy rubbish.

They got plenty of problems. My GF is from another part of Asia and thinks Thais are quite grumpy. They're good at art though!! Rubbish

I think Thais are happy with less and don't live their lives in fear of losing what they have as we in the West do. I'm an American and have always found the Brits extremely pleasant and good humored in general, so I can't speak from their perspective, but we Americans are far too concerned about what we have, keeping it and getting more as opposed to discovering who we really are. Things are starting to change towards a new consciousness here but we have a long way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The cultural (regional difference) is a factor that needs to taken into consideration why 'Brit's' often struggle abroad.

Narrowing the focus, in my experience English, Scots Welsh & NI will all have comparisons, hopes and expectations and when overseas they fail to meet any of those three then possibility negativity sets in, and failure to adapt.

Thailand & it's people are simply amazing, courteous and extremely friendly, treat people irrespective of nationality whilst in that country with equal respect. Enjoyment can be shared if the right mindset is applied.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 4/16/2017 at 4:51 PM, JSixpack said:

This

is tendentious silliness. So let's see the brain scans.

The lower classes in underdeveloped countries may usually be happier and happy-go-lucky for obvious reasons, unless they're suppressed by fascism of one sort or another.

Educated Thais can be far more analytical than the average Brit and less creative or artistic than many Brits educated in the humanities or science. In fact the average bar girl seems a lot more analytical when it comes to a relationship that some besotted Brit male.

Brit researchers themselves offer support for that observation.

Grump Britain: This is why we are a nation of moaners

BRITAIN is a nation of moaners who complain more than 70 times a week each.

By Keyan Milanian / Published 15th December 2014

A grumpy old man

BRITAIN is a nation of moaners who complain more than 70 times a week each.

Researchers found our love of complaining, like Disney dwarf Grumpy and TV’s Victor Meldrew, means we grumble at least 11 times every weekday and 16 times over the weekend.

It also emerged we will already have had three grumbles before we even leave the house in the morning.

In fact, Brits complain so much that more than three quarters admit to having a moan about other people moaning or complaining.

--http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/415315/british-nation-moaners-people-complain-more-than-70-times-week-each

And so the contrast to the lower class Thais that Brits are familiar with is simply the more striking. Our most virulent whingers, moaners, and doomsters here on the forum are usually Brits. And they're most creative at coming up with "solutions" for every conceivable problem.

Hmmm.....Glad I am English....:stoner: