Am I naive, gullible or just very stupid?

PomPolo

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys that come to this country have got to understand that everything thais do pertains to MONEY and they will do ANYTHING to get it. All they are thinking

when they wai you is  (how much money has he got and how can I get some of it) THEY LAND OF SMILES. YEA RIGHT.!!!!!

There's an add getting around on Thai Visa for a dating service. "Find a thai wife" .com Would be interesting to see any real reviews for this site. I have a friend back home that is interested in meeting a thai lady, but he has zero idea of the pitfalls associated with Thailand. 

It took me 10 years of kissing a lot of frogs(and i dont mean French) and i thoroughly enjoyed it, before i met my wife. We bought and ran, 2 bars in Patts for 5 years (two of them married) we sold up and moved back to her village in Isaan. I knew her for 3 years before we done the marriage thing. We have now been here for 2 years, and i wouldn't have it any other way. We have a nice house,( a very, very, very nice house, with 2 cats in the yard, Crosby, Stills and Nash, anybody) and now we also have 2 little dogs. We are happy enough. But i dont understand why she gets the hump when i introduce her as "my present wife" Funny people these Thai women,

"

"'

33 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

There's an add getting around on Thai Visa for a dating service. "Find a thai wife" .com Would be interesting to see any real reviews for this site. I have a friend back home that is interested in meeting a thai lady, but he has zero idea of the pitfalls associated with Thailand. 

You do realise, that your friend wanting to meet a Thai lady, is about the same as sending an early Christian into the  arena to meet the Lion's.

1 hour ago, lungnorm said:

All of the above and more. But take comfort in the fact ' you ain't the only one.'

Nope-you are certainly correct.

A poster on TV put it beautifully about one year ago..

The farangs..are like World War 2 paratroopers..

Stand up!

Hook on!

Equipment check!

Stand in the door!

Green light!

..and out you go..to land God knows where...parachute fails..reserve chute fails....

Edited by Odysseus123
clarity.

6 hours ago, rodney earl said:

Guys that come to this country have got to understand that everything thais do pertains to MONEY and they will do ANYTHING to get it. All they are thinking

when they wai you is  (how much money has he got and how can I get some of it) THEY LAND OF SMILES. YEA RIGHT.!!!!!

Not true. Probably more and bigger gold diggers in farangland.

24 minutes ago, BigKahuna said:

How so? Western women have racked in millions thru divorce.

Yeah-and Thai women haven't  thru their disbursement of funds to brothers,sons,cousins,friends,family,gambling and partying?

The only mystery to me up here in Isaan is where the hell has  all the money gone-it must be billions from farangs let alone the Thai Gov't of whatever colour.Certainly not in education and personal achievement.

Edited by Odysseus123
clarity.

Nope-you are certainly correct.

A poster on TV put it beautifully about one year ago..

The farangs..are like World War 2 paratroopers..

Stand up!
Hook on!
Equipment check!
Stand in the door!
Green light!
..and out you go..to land God knows where...parachute fails..reserve chute fails....

IMG_1554.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yeah-and Thai women haven't  thru their disbursement of funds to brothers,cousins,friends,family,gambling and partying?

The only mystery to me up here in Isaan is where the hell has it all gone?Certainly not in education and personal achievement.

So your comparison is low class/bargirl types?

No mystery to me why you've been dudded.

20 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yeah-and Thai women haven't  thru their disbursement of funds to brothers,sons,cousins,friends,family,gambling and partying?

The only mystery to me up here in Isaan is where the hell has  all the money gone-it must be billions from farangs let alone the Thai Gov't of whatever colour.Certainly not in education and personal achievement.

Nice edit!!!

If fools want to give money away to bargirls thats their choice. 2m baht is a lot less than $400,000 in real money to their last wife who worked about 2 days in their entire life.

carry on

1 minute ago, BigKahuna said:

So your comparison is low class/bargirl types?

No mystery to me why you've been dudded.

Stockholm Syndrome.

Neither more nor less.

As my dear old grandmum used to say.."The arrogance of ignorance "Of course she was referring to Australians..and they are an easy target for ex boiler room boys and real estate agents.

Just now, Odysseus123 said:

Stockholm Syndrome.

Neither more nor less.

As my dear old grandmum used to say.."The arrogance of ignorance "Of course she was referring to Australians..and they are an easy target for ex boiler room boys and real estate agents.

How many failed marriages have you had?

3 minutes ago, BigKahuna said:

Dodging the question. Talking about ss which kidnapping victims sometimes get.

You're struggling with reality.

Utter rubbish..

Please stop reading from your postit notes from the top of your computer.But..upon reflection..where else have you got to go..?

Edited by Odysseus123

Just now, Odysseus123 said:

Utter rubbish..

Please stop reading from your postit notes from the top of your computer.But..upon reflection..where else have you got to go..?

It's amusing that all you can is post abuse or dodge questions.

How many marriages have you had?

Why are you so upset by general discussions?

Bitter about Thailand are you?

10 minutes ago, BigKahuna said:

It's amusing that all you can is post abuse or dodge questions.

How many marriages have you had?

Why are you so upset by general discussions?

Bitter about Thailand are you?

Upset?No..

Amused...yes.

Actually I rather like like Thailand but whether it is better or worse for your posts is,of course a matter of speculation.

By the way-your English is deteriorating as we post.

Edited by Odysseus123
clarity.

1 minute ago, Odysseus123 said:

Upset?No..

Amused...yes.

Actually I rather like like Thailand but whether it is better or worse for your posts is,of course a matter of speculation.

By the way-your English is deteriorating.

Why are you so miserable then?

On 4/16/2017 at 2:09 PM, PomPolo said:

Regarding my second relationship the girl I was with was also very wealthy in her own right, also from a powerful family which sort of made me trust her a lot more as I was under the impression that she didn't desperately need my money.  So to clarify all my relationships do not begin in bars.  I have read many TV posts on mutually respectful relationships with Thai ladies, and believe me I have tried my hardest to find one of these.  Anyone with any success stories please let me know where I am going wrong.

Perhaps her family's wealth in the Land of Smiles was built on deceiving gullible simpletons.

My humble advice: Choose an educated and financially independent woman. Avoid peasants and bar girls.