Long stay in hotel

I do my extension and 90 day reporting in Prachinburi I am staying in a hotel for a month or more in Hue Hin should I report to immigration that I am staying at the hotel they took my passport details

I am trying to rent an apartment but they will not report to the Immigration and only give me a receipt for the monthly rental will this be ok for the immigration to change my address

As far as submitting a TM-28 form to report your own new rental address, a rental contract should be sufficient. Theoretically, the apartment owner is responsible for the TM-30 report. However, many immigration offices want to pass the onus onto the foreigner to get it done. If the apartment is going to be difficult about it, then you might want to rent elsewhere. In the meantime, some sort of agreement showing hotel rental by the month ought to be sufficient, I would say, for the TM-28. As ever, local immigration office rules can vary..

BritTim

I have decided that I will not rent the apartment because they not give any information to the Immigration

The hotel that am using I am paying week by week not on a monthly basis so I have no paper to show to the Immigration, and just to confuse things even further I have to do my 90 day report next week but I have to return to Prachinburi for a few days so I intend to do it there and hope I do not have any problem with them

Edited by offset

A good hotel should report you within 24 hours of your check in to the hotel.

Often by internet to immigration or the local police.

Not all do, however.

But that doesn't affect your permanent address if you report a permanent address to immigration.

I have a address here in my residence (apartment/flat) which I have a 3 month contract that I pay on a monthly basis.

Immigration here in Bangkok has that address as my permanent  contact address in Thailand, and they have for nearly 2 years.

1 hour ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Address reporting is a huge myth. Don't worry about it. Keep your 90 Day reporting up to date and no worries. Cheers mate. 

This depends on which immigration office.  Some offices were fining people - even those making 90-day reports reported this.  Granted, it seemed somewhat random who got fined, but I play "by the rules" for my office in Jomtien - going by whatever they said on my last visit.  It used to be, "Don't report a TM-30 unless you move."  Then it was, "Report a TM-30 if you leave the country and return - even if to the same address."  The law says it should be whenever you leave the province and return.  Note that TM-28 reporting seems non-existent - just the TM-30 is being enforced - but, again, varying in enforcement - at all, or by degree - depending on which province / office you report.

The hotel should be doing TM-30 reporting, as others have noted.  I would ask your office what they would like you to do when you return.