Chinese opera family injured after van crashes into house

webfact

Chinese opera family injured after van crashes into house
By The Nation

09fa29bb89bdc51d02006776d48af2f3.jpeg

NAKHON PATHOM: -- Seven Chinese opera performers from the same family were slightly injured when the van transporting them from a show in Bangkok back to Nakhon Pathom's Khamphaeng Saen district crashed early on Sunday morning.

The van ploughed into a roadside home on Phetchkasem Highway in Nakhon Pathom's Muang district after the driver apparently fell asleep at the wheel.

Following the crash report at just after 5am, Sam Kwai Pheuk investigator Pol Captain Boonrit Phinit went to the scene.

The private blue van was found with its wrecked front section stuck in the roadside home of Samniang Rattanalertlop in Tambon Thamsala. 

Boonrit said van driver Boonchuay Songtothong, 39, had admitted to being exhausted and there was no sign of any brake activity before impact.

The seven passengers were treated for minor injuries.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30312395

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-17

Yet again, another accident linked to an unprofessional, unhealthy individual, clearly unfit to take charge of people's lives. Who obviously drives recklessly.

The driver should be dismissed and fined! His licence banned for a year! Made to resit a comprehensive driving test plus medical examination! All costs would be his responsibility.

The government should/must implement stricter regulations and laws on all road going vehicles in-order to help protect the public plus innocent people from reckless, lazy, unlawful, carefree operators/ individuals, including mechanics and drivers alike!

Is health and safety considered important in such an environment??

Some may, and do say, that the country I originate from, is a nanny state, which maybe considered true in part, but at least the Government try to improve the health and safety standards of ALL individuals within its borders and jurisdictions. A 'DUTY OF CARE', comes to mind as does: Awareness. Understanding. Education. Facilities. Management. Resources. Respect...

But! Its time to come back to Earth and let reality slap me in the face, to me remind me, where Im presently at...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I have been asking the question for a long time, why do so many Thai people drive when tired and subsequently fall asleep at the wheel? Is it, I will lose face if I admit I am not a bloody superhero who can drive for 3 days straight, or because they really are too stupid to understand the consequences? I now think it is both.

What is the Mentality of Thai Drivers ? Have they a Death Wish ! There has been many times we have been either in a Taxi or Mini Bus where I Have Thought  " any time now " as they drive so Erratic , I'm sure they think they are Invincible  until they find out they are not.

Let's not stop and sleep for an hour or so,
just keep going and perhaps kill everyone.
these people were lucky THIS TIME!

Mabye you're not familiar with tbe area, but Kamphaeng Saen is just over an hour from central Bangkok. The driver shouldn't have started driving at all, but your post makes it sound like negligent long distance driving (which it wasn't - just stock standard negligent driving)

20 minutes ago, SABloke said:

Mabye you're not familiar with tbe area, but Kamphaeng Saen is just over an hour from central Bangkok. The driver shouldn't have started driving at all, but your post makes it sound like negligent long distance driving (which it wasn't - just stock standard negligent driving)

If you begin driving, and after 20 minutes you

can' t keep yours eyes open you STOP.  Don't care

how far or close to your destination, just 

common sense!!

Edited by little mary sunshine