PM Prayut is happy with improved economic situation

webfact

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 billion spend over a 5-day period boils down to 48.5 baht spent per day per head of the Thai population (66 million), or to just under 200 baht for a family of four. Either the 16 billion figure is imaginary or the result is not really something to boost about, I'd think.

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Spending during the 5 day songkran period up 12-14 percent.

Where did he get that figure from? Thin air?

Traffic tickets and taxi fares after vehicles being impounded.

Plus the amount of people who were forced to use public transportation due to the passengers in pickup trucks regulation.

And those who were fined for violating the new rule.

This amounts to a great deal of spending for people.

People are spending baht because they couldn't get home fast enough.

4 hours ago, binjalin said:

....... Airport shut-down, violent protests, roads blocked ALL should have been cracked down on when they first started .......

Politics aside, I am only aware of these getting out of control pre-junta?  The junta are doing exactly as you recommend.  Sometimes stability is needed to achieve a fair and lasting democracy.

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

The guy and his junta belong in the movie business. He has more imagination than Walt Disney!

A "  happiness poll  " has rated Thailand highly in terms of happiness. What kind of crap was that thought up by. 

Will he publish a corruption poll, a road accident poll, an educational standards poll, a reliability study on court verdicts or justice poll, ???,

Nope, I think not.No need, everybody is happy!!  .......:spam1:

He is a  happiness director and song writer is there nothing above this guys realm of possibilities. 

5 hours ago, Cyclone88 said:

I doubt that very much.

It takes them 5 minutes to give me 100 baht change from 2000 baht. They still use a calculator to work it out and then double check it again to make sure it's correct.

Mathematics aren't their greatest asset.

5555 I like when  give them too much in an effort to get a bank note back opposed to change

They look at ME as if im the crazy one--as i wait for them to out the # into the machine

to explain it to them--yes--u give me 20 baht change..not a handful of change!!!:wai:

8 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

How do they know spending has increased by 12-14%? The same way they know what the unemployed levels are without having to ask everyone in the country, by modelling.

Look at hotel occupancy rates in selected hotels and compare to the previous Songkran numbers; look at tourist arrivals for the period and ditto; and so on and so on.

Shows how quickly things can be done when needed! :shock1: "Songkran" isn't even finished yet in some places!

5 hours ago, stickyrice2000 said:

I don't know where Thaivisa is getting their information.  I believe in your information more.  It coincides with what the people who work daily are saying.  People are having a hard time.   Thai medias are being controlled.  We rarely hear anything bad about the military government.   

"We rarely hear anything bad about the military government."

And that is because you are not allowed to say anything bad about the military government!  

3 hours ago, survivalblue said:

Traffic tickets and taxi fares after vehicles being impounded.

Plus the amount of people who were forced to use public transportation due to the passengers in pickup trucks regulation.

And those who were fined for violating the new rule.

This amounts to a great deal of spending for people.

People are spending baht because they couldn't get home fast enough.

I thought that the new pick up regulations regarding passengers in pick ups was being shelved until after Songkran? 

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The extra money Thai people have been shelling out in the last five days has been going to the cops in traffic related fines, and vehicle repair bills.

And dont forget all their LAST money they give to the monks and temples.

CRAZY !!

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The extra money Thai people have been shelling out in the last five days has been going to the cops in traffic related fines, and vehicle repair bills.

So the figure came from the cops takings then!

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha is doing a good job, he is working hard to continue to bring Thailand into economic sustainability.  The China-Thai rail project is to go ahead, roads, energy and infrastructure development is happening.

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha is #1   .......:jap:

Wow, you are easliy pleased.....clearly one of his "happy" people.

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha is doing a good job, he is working hard to continue to bring Thailand into economic sustainability.  The China-Thai rail project is to go ahead, roads, energy and infrastructure development is happening.

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha is #1   .......:jap:

ussos.jpg.cb13cb5a2b7291787dd98df92cfee420.jpg