Jump to content

Residency certificate - re two condos in different cities


Recommended Posts

My retirement visa and residency is in Chiang Mai, but recently rented a get-away condo in Jomtien.  I lease both the Chiang Mai and Jomtien condos.

 

I'd like to register a newly purchased motorbike in Jomtien which requires a residency certificate. I'll use the bike in Pattaya/Jomtien

 

How do residency certificates work for people who stay in more than one city? Can I just get a certificate at the jomtien immigration without messing up my Chiang Mai residency?

 

Thanks

W

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my, albeit limited, experience getting a certificate depended upon my doing 90 day reporting.  I presume that you're doing your 90 day reports in Chiang Mai, so it's in Chiang Mai that you'll need to get the residence certificate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I recently got a residency certificate from Jomtien Immigration Office, it was a relatively painless procedure.

So long as you have some form of proof of address with the Jomtien address on it and your name (utility bill, rental agreement etc.) relevant copies of your passport and photos, then it will not be an issue at all.

Edited by Mattd
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Jomtien immigration has been reported as doing certificates of residence with on proof you are renting a condo.

Thanks everyone - what I'm trying to understand is if I get a residency permit in Jomtien will that effect my residence in CM which is my primary residence?

 

Thanks again,

W

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you are opening up a whole can of worms mate, and if I were you, I would visit the immigration office to ask them the correct proceedure.

You are in danger of completely messing things up if you dont.

You probably know from experience what a nightmare it is here for paperwork.

So best do it right, and dont ask the opinion of people on here, because they dont know for sure.

your welcome.  ha ha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

so what the Op is really asking is can he have 2 (TWO) registered places of residence at the same time ?

 

I cant give an answer ....but if it were permitted .....wouldnt it make the whole 90 day reporting, Tm30, TM 28 system really redundant

( even thou we all know that it already is redundant).

 

I imagine the OP would just need to hope that the 2 immigration offices dont have data sharing....and keep one quiet from the other, but I wouldnt like to think how it would be handled if the 2 were matched up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do not think the OP wants to have two registered places of residence in that sense, he just wants to get a residency certificate for his Jomtien address so that he can purchase a motorbike registered to that address and he was just concerned if this would trigger something in the Immigration System.

 

From my recent experience getting the Residency Certificate in Jomtien (Dec 2016), then I do not think there is any danger of Chonburi & CM Immigration sharing information whatsoever.

In my particular case, I technically have two places of residency, Bangkok where I work and Chonburi where I spend the weekends, I consider Chonburi as my main abode and therefore got the residency certificate from Jomtien in order to re-register my car to that address.

Bangkok Immigration will not issue a RC to anybody that is not making 90 day reports to them, Jomtien do (or at least did in December) there were no checks at all, just needed to give them the correct paperwork they required, which in my case was a copies of the proof of residency, main passport photo page, last entry stamp, TM6 and extension of stay (issued in BKK), plus of course the fee (even though it is free!!) 

I've made no 90 day reports, no TM.30 report etc. to Jomtien and it took about one hour to get the RC at that time.

There were several people getting RC's for different purposes, some even here on holiday and staying in a hotel, didn't appear to be any issue to get.

Unless things have dramatically changed in the last 4 months, Jomtien appears to be one of the more relaxed Immigration offices to obtain a residency certificate from, so long as you can prove a place of residence within their jurisdiction.

Edited by Mattd
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2017 at 1:06 PM, Mattd said:

From my recent experience getting the Residency Certificate in Jomtien (Dec 2016)

Does anyone have any more recent experience in getting a Residency Certificate at Jomtien ?

 

You used to have to go into the small office way in the back and submit your request and then come back the next day to pick it up.  I was told when I did my 90 day report last week that they have a new counter, directly across the room from the "overstay desk",  and they no longer keep the documentation but process your request while you wait

 

But since the young lady manning that desk could not speak any English I obtained this information from the Volunteer at the information counter to the left of the entrance.  Unfortunately he was swamped so could not answer all my questions and the two most important ones were;  where do you obtain the  queue number for Residency Certificate desk ?  And can you pre- fill in the APPLICCATION FORM RESIDENCE CERTIFICATE IN THAILAND ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Langsuan Man said:

Does anyone have any more recent experience in getting a Residency Certificate at Jomtien ?

 

You used to have to go into the small office way in the back and submit your request and then come back the next day to pick it up.  I was told when I did my 90 day report last week that they have a new counter, directly across the room from the "overstay desk",  and they no longer keep the documentation but process your request while you wait

 

But since the young lady manning that desk could not speak any English I obtained this information from the Volunteer at the information counter to the left of the entrance.  Unfortunately he was swamped so could not answer all my questions and the two most important ones were;  where do you obtain the  queue number for Residency Certificate desk ?  And can you pre- fill in the APPLICCATION FORM RESIDENCE CERTIFICATE IN THAILAND ?

I got a residency certificate from Jomtien immigration less than a week ago. Very easy and took 20 minutes from the time I walked in the door. I recommend you get the photocopies made next door - they know exactly which pages are required for various immigration applications.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wuvu2 said:

I got a residency certificate from Jomtien immigration less than a week ago. Very easy and took 20 minutes from the time I walked in the door. I recommend you get the photocopies made next door - they know exactly which pages are required for various immigration applications.  

 

4 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

where do you obtain the  queue number for Residency Certificate desk ?  And can you pre- fill in the APPLICCATION FORM RESIDENCE CERTIFICATE IN THAILAND ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/27/2017 at 2:26 PM, Langsuan Man said:

 

 

Get a number from the counter as soon as you walk in the door.

 

Yes you can pre-fill in the APPLICATION FORM RESIDENCE CERTIFICATE IN THAILAND.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...