American found dead in Nong Khai rented house

snoop1130

59 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Well thanks for enlightening us. Btw if you have friends around is it a prerequisite they strip naked to enter your nudist colony?

It's VERY common here in Thailand for farang (men) to stay naked at home and only put on something when friends or guests come over, unless of course some hot fem. Maybe get over the quaint prudishness and give it try yourself.

Edited by JSixpack

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, seancbk said:

I sleep naked (always have) and when I get up I stay naked.

The only time I put clothes on is when I go out.

So when I die in 40 years or so I expect they'll find me naked too.

Thank you for your descriptive post. It's after reading something like this, that makes me want to rip out my mind's eye.!

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

Seeing as a few people expressed surprise that the guy was found naked and that it is common for dead guys to be found naked in their condos, I figured I'd answer why that might be.

As for when friends come round, then of course I put clothes on, same as when the AC service guys come.

The point is why bother getting dressed when I'm just sitting around my condo watching TV or surfing the net?   

Except this man lived in a house, not a condo.  Living in a house there's always the possibility of someone arriving unexpectedly - which is why it usually makes sense to wear (at the very least) underpants.

Not that these personal habits are relevant, as for some reason it seems he'd taken off his trousers outside the bathroom?  Unusual to say the least.

I'd add that if he was running/slipped and fell, its likely he would have fallen forwards - making it likely he would have put his arms out automatically.  Of course its always possible the poor guy just fainted and fell/was naked in the house/had left his trousers outside the bathroom the previous night.

RIP :sad:

2 hours ago, fish monger said:

I wonder if the gentleman were one of your relatives, how many of you would be making baseless and heartless comments...I bet most of you would shut your pie holes... It seems most of you here live your entire lives in a cloud of conjecture... Pathetic. Rest in Peace Mr. Barcelona....

How long you been here mate, cos this sort of thing happens now, on almost a daily basis. Its so shocking, and the investigative talents of the BIB are so pathetic, that is getting boring.

If it aint jumping, or 'falling' its shooting, or suffocating oneself  with a plastic bag, or hanging oneself,

I feel sorry that the guy is dead, but there have been so many of them, some of us are now feeling impervious to the daily reportings

Oh, and by the way, where during your education, was you told to call your 'gob' "your pie hole" how crass is that?

16 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

naked coz...."Thailand, hot country." ask any local.

At home I only wear underpants and shorts and a shirt if I go off site.

Yesterday I got caught short and needed a dump fairly quickly. Fortunately I just made it in time. When I take a dump at home I am naked too.

I have slipped on the stairs a couple of times in the last 3 years but landed on my (well padded) ass and not my head.

Falling isn't that hard to do, it is just the way you land that hurts.

3 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...saw him daily....

...yet.....

...with the door gaping open...and the TV on.........

...waited a full 24 hours.....

...to 'see if anything was wrong'.......???

...does that make sense to you.....???

Yes. Dead men don't turn off TVs or close doors. Guess he wasn't broadcasting live on facebook at the time, so it wasn't widely known what had happened.

The house owner said Daniel 

3 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...saw him daily....

...yet.....

...with the door gaping open...and the TV on.........

...waited a full 24 hours.....

...to 'see if anything was wrong'.......???

...does that make sense to you.....???

What are you on or on  about?

I quote the above report:

Panja told police that she had last seen the man on Saturday. She then came to check the house on Monday and saw that door had been left open and the TV and fan were both on. She therefore entered the house, where she found the body

Nong Khai death.jpg

Let's see... door open.... fan on..... pants on floor outside bathroom..... man dead on floor with head injuries... 

definitely a suicide....... or maybe he opens his front door, runs to go to the bathroom and at the same time taking his pants all the way off lest he trickle some on his underwear.... then as soon as he finished with the toilet, he gets up and slips and hits his head causing the deadly blow. 

or

someone came in while he was in the toilet and killed him... dragged his pants out of the bathroom and left in a hurry leaving the front door open. 

another farang naked and killed.  where was his credit cards ?   and did he have a mobile ?

there must have been a thai gf somewhere  .... where was she ..

this is another mystery  .....   so many farangs being finished naked  ???

17 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Nobody has said he was murdered.

No he just died and opened his door after that happened! It´s not very many people that run in to their bathroom in a rush and just not close thier front door.

17 minutes ago, Get Real said:

No he just died and opened his door after that happened! It´s not very many people that run in to their bathroom in a rush and just not close thier front door.

A lot of people upcountry leave their doors open in the day, especially in the hot season.

1 hour ago, bannork said:

A lot of people upcountry leave their doors open in the day, especially in the hot season.

60 and over! House in the middle of the city! Mostly people there wants to close the doors out of much smell and bad air from traffic. At the same time most of the people over 60 that comes from US or UK usually sit inside with an aircon going, which basically means that the door is closed. Sure, I might be wrong, but I do believe I hit 90 percent of the foreigners living in Thailand at that age in the middle of a city during the hot season.

59 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Not only "upcountry" people - I too leave all my doors and windows throughout the day, and only close the front and back door at night.

Probably not have much things inside that somebody want to take when you sleep. Or maybe just can´t afford the aircon! :sorry:

Edited by Get Real

5 minutes ago, Get Real said:

60 and over! House in the middle of the city! Mostly people there wants to close the doors out of much smell and bad air from traffic. At the same time most of the people over 60 that comes from US or UK usually sit inside with an aircon going, which basically means that the door is closed. Sure, I might be wrong, but I do believe I hit 90 percent of the foreigners living in Thailand at that age in the middle of a city during the hot season.

Probably not have much things inside that somebody want to take when you sleep. Or maybe just can´t afford the aircon! :sorry:

The real answer is that I feel safe where I live/aircon dries out my throat/anyone coming through a downstairs window is going to cause one hell of a lot of noise - plus, (and most importantly!) I have dogs  :smile:.

But of course, feel free to make your own assumptions :laugh:.

32 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Nong Khai is hardly a city. Michai, the district where he lived is out near the bridge.

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Nong Khai is hardly a city. Michai, the district where he lived is out near the bridge.

Nong Khai is a city in north-east Thailand. It is the capital of Nong Khai Province. Nong Khai city is administered as Amphoe Mueang Nong Khai

2 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Nong Khai is a city in north-east Thailand. It is the capital of Nong Khai Province. Nong Khai city is administered as Amphoe Mueang Nong Khai

I know Nong Khai very well. It's a lovely place next to the Mekong. It's a small town, a glorified village really.

1 minute ago, Andrew65 said:
Country Thailand
Province Nong Khai Province
Area
 • Total 31.15 km2 (12.03 sq mi)
Population (2011)
 • Total 46,180
 • Density 1,500/km2 (3,800/sq mi)

Have you ever been to Nong  Khai? it's a town spread our along the river Mekong with the only buildings over 4 floors being the occasional hotel spread along the Mekong or  hotels on the road from  Sri Chiang Mai to Phon Phisai.

It was voted as one of the top 10 destinations in the world  for retirees to live in due to its clean air and  facilities by an American magazine a few years back. 

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

Have you ever been to Nong  Khai? it's a town spread our along the river Mekong with the only buildings over 4 floors being the occasional hotel spread along the Mekong or  hotels on the road from  Sri Chiang Mai to Phon Phisai.

It was voted as one of the top 10 destinations in the world  for retirees to live in due to its clean air and  facilities by an American magazine a few years back. 

Yes I have, a few times, stopped overnight there once.

I know it's not that big a place, but it is classified as a city, also a provincial capital.

6 hours ago, Get Real said:

Yes you are wrong.

I don't have a/c downstairs as I have fans which circulate the air plus a door at the front of the house and one at the side as well.

Not every farangs has a/c or wants it.

I am 71 and I have lived in Thailand for the best part of 20 years.

Nong Khai is very hot this time of year, It was even hot when I was there in February.

I saw many Farangs walking around with the bare minimum in, T shirt and light weight

shorts.  So paddlng around in the buff in ones house, rented or otherwise is likely standard

for more than a few. RIP to the fellow.

Geezer

8 hours ago, billd766 said:

Yes you are wrong.

I don't have a/c downstairs as I have fans which circulate the air plus a door at the front of the house and one at the side as well.

Not every farangs has a/c or wants it.

I am 71 and I have lived in Thailand for the best part of 20 years.

Or you might just be the other 10 percent. No disrespect, but did that thought ever cross your mind?

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:30 PM, saakura said:

OMG, not again. Why are they always found naked when murdered?

Where in the article does it mention murder? I guess like a lot of people you always like to look on the bad side and can't accept it for what it might really have been. Feel sorry for people with this type of attitude.