Pattaya finding it hard to clean up its sexy act

webfact

18 hours ago, Shroud said:

Why is everyone suddenly concerned about the future of the sex worker? Are they really of a big concern? Do they need priorities more than other normalised Thai people? They will head back to their farm and everything will be ok, for sure. 

Not really back to their farm - more like going to Malaysia, Singapore and sending money back home to the farm.. 

On 19/04/2017 at 5:06 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

This article isn't about the history of Pattaya, and research into that by the writer isn't needed or relevant. The article is about the authorities, again, offering pointless quotes about how they are trying to stem or end the nightlife NOW. So I'd suggest that it is you who needs to learn to understand what the subject of the article is before criticizing others. But thank you for the history lesson.

Even though the history of Pattaya is only mentioned briefly and is not the main point of the article, it is important to get the facts correct.

And that is why they are compensated so well, 10 times the national wage.  That is why farms in certain part of the country have pick up trucks.  That is why some kids go to school.  Boom Boom as you call it is called nation building by the United Nations. 

Or Bom Bom......

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:31 AM, newnative said:

Pattaya is evolving on its own through private sector investment as a diversified beach tourist destination.  It has Walking Street and Soi 6 but it also now has more and more family entertainments being added to those that have already been here.  The city's image will take care of itself--the city government needs to tackle improvements to the infrastructure.

Hmmmm. Family entertainment?

What if anything has been added in the last 15 years in PATTAYA that would appeal to children and mothers?

I can't think of anything within city limits that hasn't been there a long time.

I can only surmise that if more families are coming it's because travel agents are getting better at putting silk purses on pig's ears when the ( suckers ) customers walk in the door.

Talking of pigs- they will fly before the city government does anything about the infrastructure.

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:36 PM, fdimike said:

Bangkok Barry I would suggest you take a dose of your own medicine.  Pattaya of today is NOT the result of -  "  Pattaya’s bawdy reputation hails from the Vietnam War era when American GIs partied in the city in their downtime. "  It's the results of the tourists who followed.  The writer puts the blame for the Pattaya of today on the American GI's who visited the place during the war which is totally incorrect.

Yes, the urban myth that Pattaya as we know it was started by the Americans is false. As one poster that worked in U Tapao during the conflict said, they had their bars outside the base, and didn't need to go to Pattaya for fun.

I visited Thailand just after the Vietnam conflict ended, but US military were still in Thailand, and Pattaya wasn't even mentioned as a place to go. It was all about Bangkok..Between then and now, I certainly prefer now.