Bill O'Reilly out at Fox after harassment allegations

webfact

"The tide comes in, the tide goes out, nobody knows how that happens"

Not the brightest person, a nasty temprement, except when the 'broadcast' light goes on.

Personally I never liked his bully boy interview tactics, talking over anyone who didn't follow his way of thinking, or displayed intelligence above his own.

News of the World - Gone!

Kelvin Mackenzie - Gone!

Bill O'Reilly -Gone!

The Sun - On its way out!

Hopefully Murdochs evil empire will disolve before he dies so that he can suffer the sight of its collapse.

If you're a Murdoch fan I challenge you to sell his Sun "newspaper" on a Liverpool street corner.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Being anti abortion is not an extremist view in the USA. It is pretty normal.

See, that's where right wingers get it wrong every time.  They exist in an echo chamber bubble where everybody thinks the same, and says the same things, and pretty soon they believe that what they are spouting is "The Truth," and everybody is of the same mind, and belittle any information source that has the audacity to voice disagreement.

Got news for you - being anti-abortion is most assuredly considered extremist in many parts of the USA including where I hailed from, and murdering a doctor in pursuit of that ideology definitely qualifies in most of the US. 

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm not saying that he is innocent, just that there is no proof. Since when did the US discard the "innocent till proven guilty" rule? If you are so certain of his guilt I am sure you can provide a link to such.

Should we just let the mob rule and tear the suspect to pieces, only to find out they were not guilty?

Actually two of the women had recordings of O'Reilly on the phone doing what he's accused of. He wasn't tried & convicted in a court of law because he & Fox settled. However, he was convicted in the court of public opinion and so too many big advertisers pulled out.

And I speak as one who mostly liked O'Reilly's show. Tucker Carlson's not bad but the arguments w/ the guests are too lengthy (though he does give their views a good airing) and he doesn't deliver a knockout the way O'Reilly did. He & Martha McCallum are probably the best they have now. Eric Bolling's getting his own show but he's just not quite smart enough. Shannon Bream's beautiful and smart but a little too breezy and superficial.

Edited by JSixpack

About 30 years ago in Louisville Ky ( USA ) I saw a woman on he street wearing a dress that was outstanding, not sexy in any way - the dress or the woman.  I asked her for a moment of her time, explaining how much I liked the dress, and, hope my girlfriend would look 1/2 as good as she did in the dress. Would you tell me where I can buy the dress.

She thanked me for the compliment and told me where I could buy the dress.

TODAY in the USA I would never do it.  The first thing a woman would say is harassment.

It is a shame we have come to this point in the US.  Guess I have been on this earth to long ( 71 years ).  I remember the days when a woman would thank a man, even a stranger, for compliments.  Those days are long gone.

I was working in a oil refinery with a lady mechanic, accidently called her "babe", fell over myself saying I was sorry calling her "babe", her reply, "You appreciate a good looking woman for sure", then laughed, and put her hand on my shoulder and said "not a problem". I was LUCKY!!!!

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It seems like other people survive in the public eye? I wonder how they do it?

Probably not rich enough to bother trying to extort.

Given that Bill worked for Fox and most of the people shouting him down probably never watched Fox in their lives, I wonder just how they formed their opinion of him, other than from the gutter press.

I've watched O'Reilly many times over the years and I must say, if nothing else, he's entertaining.  I don't agree much with what he says and he's certainly not as "fair and balanced" as he claims to be.  He definitely leans to the right.  And he tends to talk down to and/or talk-over those he disagrees with.  A real arrogant, unapologetic bully.  Having said that, he's much more objective than, say, Sean Hannity.  Now that dude is a total d*khead.

7 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Seems strange that a lecherous sexual predator cannot host a non-mainstream cable TV show, but can be elected President - twice! God bless America.

Lets hope the current groper in the White House is next 'out the door'.

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

analysts said the network's viewers would likely remain loyal.

Wrong as far as this one is concerned. O'Reilly was the show I turned the channel on for, and any thing else I watched was because I had been watching his show.

Can't believe I'm the only one that way inclined.

No doubt many will still watch, because all the other channels are so pants, and to one like me, unwatchable.

For me it's like when Nite Owl was kicked off the Bkk Post, the end of an era. Like Trink, O'Reilly was brought down by the PC  brigade. Shame on them.

no you are not the only one! we have no spin in the media forever

7 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I've watched O'Reilly many times over the years and I must say, if nothing else, he's entertaining.  I don't agree much with what he says and he's certainly not as "fair and balanced" as he claims to be.  He definitely leans to the right.  And he tends to talk down to and/or talk-over those he disagrees with.  A real arrogant, unapologetic bully.  Having said that, he's much more objective than, say, Sean Hannity.  Now that dude is a total d*khead.

Agreed......And dont forget that their popularity indicates that they are 'typical' americans.....Special relationship? No thanks!

This is also a BIG LOSS for Trump.  Trump is the only person who has come out recently to defend O'Reilly.  It's as big a loss for Trump as his failed Health Care bill or the two recent House seat elections which show a groundswell of hatred building against him. 

Americans are chipping away at the giant Dufus in Chief monument, particularly at its foundation, .....and it will come tumbling down - not unlike Hussein's statue in Baghdad.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I suggest you try using words instead of something only you understand. Even google does not explain what MOAL means.

I'm sorry, I believe another TV user used this before me. But it means Mother of All Liars (MOAL). I didn't intend to be secretive or misleading.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Gee wizz, lighten up guys. It was a throwaway comment not a treatise on the human condition.

As the father of a beautiful, wonderful,  21 year old daughter who I love very much and am very protective of , I feel very passionate of the subject, and would love a shot at this O'Reilly character. A few minutes along in a room with him would be plenty.

Sorry t56haibeachlover, . I often engage in  Tongue in cheek comments, but I make sure to identify them  with the appropriate (:tongue:) emoticon , how else can we be  expected to discern intent in a forum. 

Took a chill pill and fell better now.

Listened to O'Reilly occasionally but never really liked him.He was sharp but pretty caustic at times.  The off camera video was an eye opener to the environmental culture  of self importance  that seems to pervade all networks when hosts become celebrities. We just don't know what goes on behind the scenes and all we see is their alter egos. Carlson is OK but occasionally too persistent. Judge Periro is good for a laugh but pretty shrill. One contributor I like is Charles Krauthammer who seems to talk some sense with some authority.  The only show I currently watch is the Five because it's humorous,  entertaining in it's spats between left and right and it's lightweight but Kimberley drones on a bit. I record it so I don't have to sit through the endless repetitive breaks.

They're all people with their imperfections whether it's Fox CNN CNBC or RT and bias is in the eye of the beholder. Cross Talk on RT is good for another viewpoint.

But O'Reilly overstepped the mark it looks judging by the accounts. Sad and stupid.Trump too with the celebrity "locker room" talk. Same ilk and I say that as a conservative. Disappointed and unimpressed.

Edited by Linzz

7 hours ago, edwardflory said:

About 30 years ago in Louisville Ky ( USA ) I saw a woman on he street wearing a dress that was outstanding, not sexy in any way - the dress or the woman.  I asked her for a moment of her time, explaining how much I liked the dress, and, hope my girlfriend would look 1/2 as good as she did in the dress. Would you tell me where I can buy the dress.

She thanked me for the compliment and told me where I could buy the dress.

TODAY in the USA I would never do it.  The first thing a woman would say is harassment.

It is a shame we have come to this point in the US.  Guess I have been on this earth to long ( 71 years ).  I remember the days when a woman would thank a man, even a stranger, for compliments.  Those days are long gone.

I was working in a oil refinery with a lady mechanic, accidently called her "babe", fell over myself saying I was sorry calling her "babe", her reply, "You appreciate a good looking woman for sure", then laughed, and put her hand on my shoulder and said "not a problem". I was LUCKY!!!!

What you are describing is all a bit different to "if you let me screw you or you give me a BJ I will get you a better job on prime time TV" isn't it? This is nothing to do with giving women 'compliments'.

Edited by Andaman Al

6 hours ago, ttthailand said:

If they fired all the Thais who were involved in some type of sexual harassment there would be no one working in this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

This thread has nothing to do with Thailand...yet, you find a way to inject your typical lies and stupidity.  You are a pathetic little man.

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

"Falling ratings". If ever anyone was absolutely, completely wrong.......................................

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/tv-ratings-bill-oreilly-finish-850467

The O’Reilly Factor, which anchors Fox News Channel’s primetime lineup at 8 p.m., is the No. 1 program in cable news for the 14th consecutive year, 

an increase of 14 percent year-over-year.

I doubt O'Reilly will be impacted much financially , given that he is very rich, sells loads of books and has sell out tours. He is probably very PO that the Murdochs stabbed him in the back though.

Ok. I'm wrong. I guess people aren't sick of this guy yet. Hard to imagine, yet...

The men that American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring  liars; the men they detest the most violently are those who try to tell them 
the truth.
— H.L. Mencken

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you read what he said, it was to spare his children the humiliation of him being dragged through the gutter media

"Spare his children"?

Dragged?

Bad choice of words...

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Bill O’Reilly loses custody of his children in court battle

“There is a sound and substantial basis for the Supreme Court’s determination that it is in the best interests of the children for the mother to be awarded primary residential custody,” the four-judge Appellate Division panel wrote."

“Particularly relevant in this case are the clearly stated preferences of the children, especially considering their age and maturity, and the quality of the home environment provided by the mother.”

"Last year the website, citing documents leaked from the confidential custody battle, reported that Mr. O'Reilly’s daughter told a court-appointed forensic examiner that she saw her father dragging her mother down a staircase by the neck."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/2/bill-oreilly-loses-custody-of-his-children/

"Update, May 20: Gawker has published court transcripts which corroborate our source’s account of the domestic violence allegation that O’Reilly denied. You can read those transcripts here."

http://gawker.com/bill-o-reilly-accused-of-domestic-violence-in-custody-b-1705006992#_ga=1.213520028.906054481.1454075687

The guy is a cretin.

A neanderthal pig who got his just desserts. :thumbsup:

Edited by iReason

5 hours ago, iReason said:

"Spare his children"?

Dragged?

Bad choice of words...

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Bill O’Reilly loses custody of his children in court battle

“There is a sound and substantial basis for the Supreme Court’s determination that it is in the best interests of the children for the mother to be awarded primary residential custody,” the four-judge Appellate Division panel wrote."

“Particularly relevant in this case are the clearly stated preferences of the children, especially considering their age and maturity, and the quality of the home environment provided by the mother.”

"Last year the website, citing documents leaked from the confidential custody battle, reported that Mr. O'Reilly’s daughter told a court-appointed forensic examiner that she saw her father dragging her mother down a staircase by the neck."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/2/bill-oreilly-loses-custody-of-his-children/

"Update, May 20: Gawker has published court transcripts which corroborate our source’s account of the domestic violence allegation that O’Reilly denied. You can read those transcripts here."

http://gawker.com/bill-o-reilly-accused-of-domestic-violence-in-custody-b-1705006992#_ga=1.213520028.906054481.1454075687

The guy is a cretin.

A neanderthal pig who got his just desserts. :thumbsup:

Come to think a/b it... maybe he didn't get " just desserts."  Maybe he "got off easy." 

Many, many, many, many more allegations are coming out, and will be coming out. Women are not even looking for money, funny that.

What is surprising, or maybe not, is that:

1.) O'Reiley was universally loathed within the FN news empire by everyone; he treated everyone equally badly. This trait seems to have followed him even from his humble beginnings on local TV.

2.) O'Reilly was a total hypocrite on-air; off-air he voiced totally different opinions than on-air.

I guess he was playing a "character", which appealed to a certain segment of the self-lubricating cath market?

His pay-off could be as high as $25 million.

Looks like Hannity is next up on the chopping block.

Many, many, many, many more allegations are coming out, and will be coming out. Women are not even looking for money, funny that.

What is surprising, or maybe not, is that:

1.) O'Reiley was universally loathed within the FN news empire by everyone; he treated everyone equally badly. This trait seems to have followed him even from his humble beginnings on local TV.

2.) O'Reilly was a total hypocrite on-air; off-air he voiced totally different opinions than on-air.

I guess he was playing a "character", which appealed to a certain segment of the self-lubricating cath market?

His pay-off could be as high as $25 million.

Looks like Hannity is next up on the chopping block.

I loathe Hannity's extreme political views and his narcissism, but by all accounts he is popular with colleagues and even with some political opponents. He's also squeaky clean in regard to his personal/sexual behaviour.

Unless someone can show differently, which would certainly be interesting and fun!

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It's a reflection of what's important in the US.  Americans are so media-driven, besides the fact that they worship money.  America's leader is a product of self-adulating media.  Now all this news about another senile man who is a product of right-wing media and is also very rich.  

I guess it makes sense.   If a multitude of cane toads picked leaders, they would pick the biggest loudest toads in their midst.  

However, it's rather sad that the more wise, knowledgeable, decent people are brushed to the side, while Americans continue to lavish praise on their loudest, most racist, richest a-whole whores. 

Unless someone can show differently, which would certainly be interesting and fun!

Evidently the Murdoch sons dislike Hannity's bat-$h*t crazy Russian propaganda/Kompromat.

I guess there's some Maginot line re: crazy at 21st Century Fox, which when approached causes harm to the entire brand.

It's not about weird sexual proclivities, or abhorrent personal behavior, with him.

An Australian ultra-right billionaire (Murdoch) taking over major media in the US and spreading his borderline-Nazi philosophy ......is almost as weird as a billionaire TV personality with 5 bankruptcies in his wake, taking over the #1 political position in the US.

Americans can take full blame for the immensely flawed people leading them around by the nose.