Thai daughter giving me 30 yr house lease for free.

I believe that you will have difficulty. My thai wife, before registering marriage in Thailand, gave me a 30 year lease for one property. After registering marriage, and adopting my surname, no longer possible for another property

I think the same might apply for your daughter

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, eddie61 said:

My thai wife, before registering marriage in Thailand, gave me a 30 year lease for one property. After registering marriage, and adopting my surname, no longer possible for another property

Are you saying that you cannot get a lease or get a usufruct from a relation with the same surname? 

What district of what province was that?

Thanks. 

On 4/21/2017 at 3:02 AM, bazza73 said:

Why not just keep things on an informal basis? All the OP will be doing is feed lawyers.

I'd like to say that would be possible,  but who knows what will happen in the future. If the daughter died, another family member may not be so generous, and the OP might be out on his ear. Best to be legal.

On 4/28/2017 at 2:21 PM, eddie61 said:

I believe that you will have difficulty. My thai wife, before registering marriage in Thailand, gave me a 30 year lease for one property. After registering marriage, and adopting my surname, no longer possible for another property

Are you thinking of before they changed the law so a Thai wife can still own property if marrying a farang?

1 hour ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Are you saying that you cannot get a lease or get a usufruct from a relation with the same surname? 

What district of what province was that?

Thanks. 

It was in Sattahip.

I tried all the usual arguments with the land office, including those in brown envelopes, which are usually quite persuasive in Thailand.

It was exactly a year ago.

21 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you thinking of before they changed the law so a Thai wife can still own property if marrying a farang?

She owned the property which I bought. She passed away 3 months ago, and now my kids will own it.

7 hours ago, eddie61 said:

It was in Sattahip.

I tried all the usual arguments with the land office, including those in brown envelopes, which are usually quite persuasive in Thailand.

It was exactly a year ago.

Sorry for your loss.

When they refused, what reason did they give?