National Education Scheme to be unveiled today

webfact

National Education Scheme to be unveiled today
By The Nation

a62f63fe274f2394cc9440fc06a626a8.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- The government will this afternoon unveil its newly approved National Education Scheme covering the next 19 years.

Education Council secretary-general Kamol Rodklai said Deputy Prime Minister Air Chief Marshal Prajin Juntong would preside at a press conference at Impact Arena in Muang Thong Thani at which the plan for 2017-2036 will be formally unveiled.

The Cabinet approved the scheme on March 14.

Kamol said its intent is to ensure that all Thais receive an education and to encourage “good-quality life-long learning” in line with the government’s advocacy of a self-sufficiency economy.

Education Minister Teerakiat Jareonsettasin will outline the plan for school reform and a strategy to achieve an “innovation-driven economy” under the Thailand 4.0 policy, Kamol said, with the event broadcast live on TV Channel 11. 

Also planned is a seminar in which Kamol, permanent secretaries Chaiyapruek Serirak of Education and Soranit Silatham of Science and Technology and Rangsit University vice president Anusorn Tamajai will discuss the scheme.

Kamol said the Education Council will coordinate efforts to achieve the scheme’s four main objectives – developing a system for efficient, good-quality education management, producing good citizens with skills and capabilities in line with national needs, creating a virtuous and united society that aspires to sustainable growth, and overcoming the “middle-income trap” while reducing social inequity. 

The scheme comprises four five-year phrases of implementation beginning with 2017-2021.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30312795

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-20

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

overcoming the “middle-income trap

70% of the population would be happy to reach the middle income trap.

I feel quite sorry for the kids who are going to go through the grindstone of whatever they cobble together in their grand strategy for the next 19 years.

I love a good "scheme". Hopefully they can "lure" students into school.

to achieve the scheme’s four main objectives – developing a system for efficient, good-quality education management, producing good citizens with skills and capabilities in line with national needs, creating a virtuous and united society that aspires to sustainable growth, and overcoming the “middle-income trap” while reducing social inequity. 

So nothing about educating students then? Or enabling young people to ask questions, imagine, think outside the box, grow, have independent thoughts?

I'm sure this 19-year "scheme" will work out just fine.

2 minutes ago, leeneeds said:

"Producing good citizens"

One would still hope that guide and boundaries of life

would start at home with mum and dad or guardian,

" manners maketh man "

Kingsman 2 is coming out  the golden circle!!!!

Welcome to another 19 years of no change !      The right way to start would be a ''National Education Scheme For Teachers''....as the majority of what they have now will have no intention or the will to change anything as their lives are very cosy the way things are.

"Unveiled" you say? Call me silly, but as a national education system ought to belong to and affects everyone, shouldn't the public be somewhat involved in designing a two-decade overhaul?

For one thing, I don't remember them being asked if they like having a career soldier as minister of education. For another, as the largest and most important stakeholder, the general population are running the risk of not only not having their needs met, but not even being allowed to bring them to the table.

It would be much better to create a new framework for students, parents, and the rest of society to direct control of education into the future to ensure that their continually changing needs will be met, but it looks like 20 more years under the boot. Bring back the mandatory haircuts and corporal punishment. At this point, I wouldn't be too surprised.

On Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 1:14 PM, mtls2005 said:

I love a good "scheme". Hopefully they can "lure" students into school.

to achieve the scheme’s four main objectives – developing a system for efficient, good-quality education management, producing good citizens with skills and capabilities in line with national needs, creating a virtuous and united society that aspires to sustainable growth, and overcoming the “middle-income trap” while reducing social inequity. 

So nothing about educating students then? Or enabling young people to ask questions, imagine, think outside the box, grow, have independent thoughts?

I'm sure this 19-year "scheme" will work out just fine.

Educate the students, why? 

We can't have thinking students asking difficult questions, bloody hell - how could the teachers handle such an affront to their authority. 

Wonder if the Government want a population that can think for oneself ,

instead of one that does not question anything and follows orders,the

latter I think,so no changes coming soon .

regards worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie
correction

Another blast from the past...I honestly thought that they were finished with Education Reform?

Education ministry to integrate junta’s 12 Thai values into education curriculum
13/07/2014

MCOT reported on Saturday that the Ministry of Education plans to implement junta leader Gen.Prayuth Chan-ocha’s 12 main Thai values into the education reform roadmap for the years 2015-2021. 

Gen. Prayuth said during his televised speech on Friday that the 12 main values according to NCPO policy are as follows: 

1. Love for the nation, religions and monarchy
2. Honesty, patience and good intention for the public 
3. Gratitude to parents, guardians and teachers
4. Perseverance in learning
5. Conservation of Thai culture
6. Morality and sharing with others
7. Correctly understanding democracy with the monarchy as head of the state
8. Discipline and respect for the law and elders  
9. Awareness in thinking and doing things, and following the guidance of His Majesty the King
10. Living by the sufficiency economy philosophy guided by His Majesty the King
11. Physical and mental strength against greed
12. Concern about the public and national good more than self-interest. 

Edited by mtls2005