Very slow International downloads

edwinchester

Hi, just wondered if anyone else had noticed similar. These last few days I've been getting very slow International download speeds, less than 1 Mbps, usually half that or even less. Within Thailand very consistent fast results of 10 Mbps.

Using TOT WINET.

43 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Recycle your modem and router.

Off router…..off modem…wait 30 seconds…..on modem….let it come on fully….on router.

Report back.

Thanks for the reply. Tried this several times with no improvement. Can watch IPTV streamed within Thailand no problem as the speed is fine to Thai servers. International seems pants.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Using TOT WINET.

Probably an issue with this unique provider, maybe contact them?

Tried that too. Engineer does a speed test which is fine because it's tested to a Thai server. When I show them the International speed is slow met with a shrug of the shoulders.

You can look at this map to get  feel for TOT's int'l capabilities.

http://internet.nectec.or.th/webstats/show_page.php?py0HA8wH8+a7AIaRsDo/prnHnBJzfoE5torm+SGClYhEAvstxZvP/weA7wQ22u90Nim5LWmZ03CPfbxJ39/NYT+tNlo2YQV55yOiL/YLpErxVAw+Yvas08+xXVWNJBs1

Thai ministry pulls plug on $420m TOT-CAT infrastructure fund

Thailand’s Digital Economy Minister Pichet Durongkaveroj has pulled the plug on his predecessor’s high-priority infrastructure fund that was to see $420 million (15 billion baht) of taxpayer money invested into NBN Co, a 50-50 joint venture between state telcos CAT Telecom and TOT Corporation set up to manage the pooled infrastructure.

Before the rebranding of the ICT Ministry into the Digital Economy and Society Ministry, the infrastructure fund was a high-priority project that was to be set up this fiscal year.

Earlier, the ministry had allocated $142 million (5 billion baht) for CAT telecom to invest in new fiber optic cables in order to make Thailand a regional hub and compete with Singapore. However, Pansak said that the project’s budget had been reassigned – instead of investing in new fiber, CAT will upgrade its existing network, citing difficulty in G2G negotiations in laying new fiber networks.

https://disruptive.asia/tot-cat-infrastructure-fund-yanked/

Who knows what your exact issue might be? Did you have acceptable performance at some point in the past? And then, bang, you didn't?

Can you share any details?

Let me chip in, supporting the OP.

I have TOT fibre 200/80. For 1 month after installation, super-fast "national" speeds, and international speeds of 30-60 Mb/s. Fantastic service.

Then last week, BAM! Int'l download speeds down to 0.2Mb/s. (but still uploading at 20Mb/s

Still painfully slow today, Sunday 23rd April 2017. I'll be calling TOT first thing in the morning!

I am also on TOT WiNet like the OP and My advice to the OP would be, try it on off-peak hours and see if that helps as its a school holiday and everyone (read kids) in the village (who has WiNet) uses the internet.

On 21.04.2017 at 11:16 AM, mtls2005 said:

You can look at this map to get  feel for TOT's int'l capabilities.

http://internet.nectec.or.th/webstats/show_page.php?py0HA8wH8+a7AIaRsDo/prnHnBJzfoE5torm+SGClYhEAvstxZvP/weA7wQ22u90Nim5LWmZ03CPfbxJ39/NYT+tNlo2YQV55yOiL/YLpErxVAw+Yvas08+xXVWNJBs1

Thai ministry pulls plug on $420m TOT-CAT infrastructure fund

Thailand’s Digital Economy Minister Pichet Durongkaveroj has pulled the plug on his predecessor’s high-priority infrastructure fund that was to see $420 million (15 billion baht) of taxpayer money invested into NBN Co, a 50-50 joint venture between state telcos CAT Telecom and TOT Corporation set up to manage the pooled infrastructure.

Before the rebranding of the ICT Ministry into the Digital Economy and Society Ministry, the infrastructure fund was a high-priority project that was to be set up this fiscal year.

Earlier, the ministry had allocated $142 million (5 billion baht) for CAT telecom to invest in new fiber optic cables in order to make Thailand a regional hub and compete with Singapore. However, Pansak said that the project’s budget had been reassigned – instead of investing in new fiber, CAT will upgrade its existing network, citing difficulty in G2G negotiations in laying new fiber networks.

https://disruptive.asia/tot-cat-infrastructure-fund-yanked/

Who knows what your exact issue might be? Did you have acceptable performance at some point in the past? And then, bang, you didn't?

Can you share any details?

That map is not human readable. Very big and complex diagram.

http://internet.nectec.or.th/webstats/internetmap.current.iir?Sec=internetmap_current

text based one is much easier to read.

TOT has its own IIG and does not rely on CAT-IIG. However, I noticed they tend to use cat-iig for fiber extreme packages.