Join the Annual Anzac day celebration in Kanchanaburi. 

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Annual Anzac day celebration in Kanchanaburi."
Is that in Hellfire pass AND kanchanaburi or just kanchanaburi?

Dawn ceromony at Hellfire Pass then 10 am ceromony at the war cemetary and

usually a bbq after. Great ceromonies, lots of old diggers and everyday people paying their respects and a good day in town afterwards watching the Anzac day sport. Recommend it.

I am sure you are not deliberately denigrating ANZAC day, but we commemorate on ANZAC day, we do not celebrate on ANZAC day!

Nevertheless, I hope all who attend spare a thought for those men who died so that we can live in freedom today.

Let's not nitpick. Celebration is not the correct word, but let's be a little flexible, I believe the post was made in the right spirit. I will be in Kanchanaburi for ANZAC day, as always. Not doing Hellfire Pass this year, but will be at the main cemetery and after that at Chungkai.  Then back to Kanchanaburi to chew the cud with the many, many, who take the trouble to 'remember'.  See you there on 25th.  

What a stupid and ignorant post you made there sugarcane24, shame on you. Thankfully some men & women are ready to serve their country if called upon.

People like him are the ones who scream like stuck pigs if the military say sorry we can't defend You from aggression you never caused .Total Cowards.[emoji1434]

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I can't be there as I'm overseas but I visited the two cemeteries in Kanchanaburi, the famous trestle bridge and Hellfire Pass a fortnight back. Noticed at Hellfire pass lots of seating; I guess preparations start early. Although a Brit I have the family down to attend one year (be good for my boys to experience).

Australian New Zealand Army Corp Day (ANZAC) It is a commemoration of sacrifice and seen as a day of coming of Age of two Young nations. When we stood side by side as Brothers against a common Adversary

Edited by Kiwiken

On 21/04/2017 at 2:41 PM, Blackheart1916 said:

Definitely going heading to Kanchanaburi Monday can anyone tell me where Frasers is? I can't make calls at the moment for some reason 

Frasers is in Jomtien. 

www.fraserspattaya.com

They also have a Facebook page. Frasers Sports Bar

Well it's over and done, I didn't get to Hellfire Pass due to a late start, but the 11am ceremony at the War Cemetery was very well run and poignant. Two surviving Aussie POWs were there and shared some very moving memories. Lasted for almost an hour with a free BBQ for those that wanted to remain, I made my way to Crackers bar to partake of another great tradition, watching the mighty Bombers down the Pies!!!

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2017 at 9:28 PM, midasthailand said:

I hope all who attend spare a thought for those men who died so that we can live in freedom today.

Their sacrifice and subsequent defeat only helped Turks to kill 1.5 million more Christian Armenians in Turkey. R.I.P  Aussies,Kiwis and all the brave!