Unidentified foreign tourist's body recovered from Phuket beach

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, transam said:

Not ever farang that pops off is whacked you know...

facepalm.gif.71f1a7c4548df1aca124d8ce944475b8.gif

Very true but then again not all farangs commit suicide or drunkenly wander into the ocean either.  I know the theorist experts pop up at the drop of a hat (or the drop of a body from a balcony) but in the land of smoke and mirrors there is often good reason for it.

3 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Very true but then again not all farangs commit suicide or drunkenly wander into the ocean either.  I know the theorist experts pop up at the drop of a hat (or the drop of a body from a balcony) but in the land of smoke and mirrors there is often good reason for it.

When drunk I never knew where I wondered.....You keep records of where you walked drunken.....?....Doubt it....:stoner:

6 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Yes, but we are talking about this case , and this case seems quite straight forward

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Yes, but we are talking about this case , and this case seems quite straight forward

Point taken but in Thailand things are seldom as they seem when it comes to deaths.  Oh no! Now I am sounding like a conspiracy theorist! :sad:

4 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Point taken but in Thailand things are seldom as they seem when it comes to deaths.  Oh no! Now I am sounding like a conspiracy theorist! :sad:

I do believe that the shoddy reporting has a lot to do with it .

People only read whats written in the media .

A journalist may ask the first Policeman he sees, what he think happened

He may just reply "Suicide" and that is what gets reported

People are not informed of any Police investigations that may be going on

11 minutes ago, transam said:

When drunk I never knew where I wondered.....You keep records of where you walked drunken.....?....Doubt it....:stoner:

When drunk I am usually horizontal so I am not walking anywhere.  Very possible that this was accidental death caused by drowning.  It does happen and I wasn't saying anything else.  I was just pointing out that in Thailand people are suspicious of official lines, often with good reason.

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do believe that the shoddy reporting has a lot to do with it .

People only read whats written in the media .

A journalist may ask the first Policeman he sees, what he think happened

He may just reply "Suicide" and that is what gets reported

People are not informed of any Police investigations that may be going on

I think that is true.  But with my wife coming from a police family consisting of different ranks (my brother-in-law is a police major) I can say (from my experience) that police investigations in Thailand are few and far between unless there is some financial incentive. 

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

You can think of what scenarios you like..

however the post states that witnesses on the beach realised that he was in a drunken condition, advise him not to go into the water, but he ignored the warnings a did just that. Losing his life by drowning.

Why you would wish to dream up some other concocted story about being beaten up, robbed & thrown into the water to satisfy your own fantasy world I really don't understand ?

"however the post states that witnesses on the beach realised that he was in a drunken condition" - and I am sure those "witnesses" would NEVER try to take advantage of drunk tourist.  Right????

I suppose I really am a "young and handsome man" because "witnesses" keep telling me so. 

Edited by NamKangMan

5 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

"however the post states that witnesses on the beach realised that he was in a drunken condition" - and I am sure those "witnesses" would NEVER try to take advantage of drunk tourist.  Right????

I suppose I really am a "young and handsome man" because "witnesses" keep telling me so. 

What makes you think that this guy was "taken advantage of "

Is there any evidence or is it just your own outlook ?

11 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What makes you think that this guy was "taken advantage of "

Is there any evidence or is it just your own outlook ?

Just stating there may be more to this story. 

I wonder what comments would be posted if he had just hired a jet-ski?  Now, those jet-ski guys would never take advantage of tourists, would they? 

As another member stated, this is the land of smoke and mirrors. 

This guy very well may have gone for a drunken swim, and never made it back.

However, what is wrong with at least considering something untoward may have taken place? 

2 hours ago, todlad said:

You need to consider the state of your mental health if that is your first and most important thought about this man's demise. It shows callousness and contempt for Thailand.

My mental health is just fine.

Tell me, do you believe everything you read here?  Like most, I'm guessing your answer is, "No." 

If so, tell me the first alternate scenario that YOU considered????

18 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

You are really showing how irrational you are. Not serious ... just trolling 

So why are the bearers all having a good laugh.Maybe he was robbed and pushed in the water.The way thailand is.We will never know the truth for sure.I lived in thailand.It is all a good laugh between bar girls.They say ,you think suicide.Then they all start laughing.

7 hours ago, transam said:

Not ever farang that pops off is whacked you know...

facepalm.gif.71f1a7c4548df1aca124d8ce944475b8.gif

I agree, not every ferang that dies is , as your Mafia terminology implies, 'whacked' but it seem that the rate of the deaths of Ferangs, here,  must rate along the lines of very high. Surely that must raise a few eyebrows.

6 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I agree, not every ferang that dies is , as your Mafia terminology implies, 'whacked' but it seem that the rate of the deaths of Ferangs, here,  must rate along the lines of very high. Surely that must raise a few eyebrows.

What it really points out is the basic fact that many expats, probably 20 to 35 years of age, of whatever nationality come to this part of the world on a cheap flight from wherever and get themselves into all sorts of situations because they have worked for 48 weeks of the years and saved enough for a four week blast of booze and xxxxxxx.

At 10pm they don't have to get home because it's freezing cold and then sit in the heat drinking until they are wasted and all of the little common sense they have goes out the window.

They then decide to get on a motorbike or go for a swim when they're in the condition, as my father used to say, they couldn't bite their own finger.

As per the report they go in the sea and can't tell what's up, down or sideways.

Sad that they cause their families sadness.

But, as they say in Russia, Toughky Shitsky.

13 hours ago, TEFLKrabi said:

What? None of you went skinny dipping after a few drinks when you were younger? RIP young man 

No.

This explains in large part why we are where we are and you are where you are in life.

It's called common sense and intelligent thinking.

A male of 37 years of age is not a young man. He is a grown adult.

Your excuse, might pass for a young man aged 15-22, but not for a grown adult age 37.

7 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

No it does not. Thailand attracts males who are predisposed to early death. Consider the demographics of  many of these alleged suspicious deaths;

- A history of smoking, alcohol and recreational drug use.

- Pre-existing  medical conditions such as heart disease, renal failure, pulmonary disease etc.

- Pre-existing mental illness

- Predisposition to dangerous behaviours such as criminality (e.g. drunk driving, fighting)

Thailand is a  location that attracts people who  occupy the population segment that is already at a high risk of an early death. If these people remained in their home countries, they would be  reflected in the suicide and death by misadventure stats there. 

In plain language don't blame Thailand because some guy with blocked arteries has a heart attack at the beach, or an alcoholic finally succumbs to cirrhosis, or a violent  foreigner who lived on the edge of society pushed it too far, or a mentally ill man jumps off a balcony etc. There are indeed some cases where foreigners are murdered, however, the vast majority, the overwhelming number of foreign deaths are due to the behaviour and the lifestyle of the foreigner.  How many times must it be said that foreigners should not rent jet skis, bungee jump, parasail at the beach or rent motorbikes if they have no driving experience on a motorbike or in the developing world? And yet they do. These people must take responsibility for their own stupidity. It is easier to stay alive in Thailand if one uses common sense and acts responsibly. Behave like a clueless adolescent and you get splattered.

No.
This explains in large part why we are where we are and you are where you are in life.
It's called common sense and intelligent thinking.
A male of 37 years of age is not a young man. He is a grown adult.
Your excuse, might pass for a young man aged 15-22, but not for a grown adult age 37.

Not sure if we know each other. You might need to help me find myself as I'm not sure where I am. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

"Police were informed that at 8am the man, name withheld until his family have been informed, was walking, in what witnesses described as a drunken state, along Patong Beach and that they tried to tell him to go back to his room.

Their request were ignored and the man went alone into the sea and disappeared."
Read more at http://www.thephuketnews.com/british-man-37-drowns-at-phuket-beach-61860.php#B0eQ5hpOTOhxKU2r.99

"Local vendors informed lifeguards of his disappearance at about 9am, saying that he simply never returned after going into the water."

Phuket Gazette

A drunk was seen by many on the beach entering the water at  0800am in the morning and disappearing. He was observed to be in a drunken state and was urged to go to his room.

When found he was carrying cash.

And yet idiot trolls on this forum still come up with this:

"Or, got beaten up and robbed thrown into the water"

Edited by Old Croc

On 21/04/2017 at 9:49 PM, NamKangMan said:

So, it's never happened before? Right?

When the very news report states he was spoken to, and was drunk and walked into the sea, surely it is better to go along with that until we hear otherwise, not to make things up.

14 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

My mental health is just fine.

Tell me, do you believe everything you read here?  Like most, I'm guessing your answer is, "No." 

If so, tell me the first alternate scenario that YOU considered????

You have probably already gathered that I do not subscribe to such wild imaginings as we have read in your rubbish.

In some cases here, the articles we read are incomplete and/or are poorly written/translated. One has to tread carefully with such stories.

In this case, I read a simple story about a man who had imbibed toxins that had affected his judgement. The man then died at his own hand. I believe there is no reason to reject the description of the assistance or advice that local people offered this man. To that end I felt no need to suggest anything as ludicrous as you did.

To answer your question: my first thought was to remember that well known phrase of Captain Mainwaring, you stupid boy! My second thought was to reject your notions as offensive to Thailand and the Thai people.

If you live in Thailand, I wonder why.

20 hours ago, hotchilli said:

You can think of what scenarios you like..

however the post states that witnesses on the beach realised that he was in a drunken condition, advise him not to go into the water, but he ignored the warnings a did just that. Losing his life by drowning.

Why you would wish to dream up some other concocted story about being beaten up, robbed & thrown into the water to satisfy your own fantasy world I really don't understand ?

A well balanced and thought out post.

However at the same time a somewhat rhetorical question tbf.

The usual ' hate everything thai but still live here' mob spend their every waking minute concocting ways to demonise the people and institutions of the country they have CHOSEN to reside in.

They want 24 carat public institutions and infrastructure that they never had where they came from and which they refuse to pay for or contribute to while here.

It's the eqivalent of a starving vagrant being offered a safe warm room and a hot meal telling the house owner their house is poorly furnished and their food tastes crap.

I Would deport every last one of the wrinkly ingrates.

Dont like it...ok do one!

Edited by Royal 8er
grammar

9 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

No it does not. Thailand attracts males who are predisposed to early death. Consider the demographics of  many of these alleged suspicious deaths;

- A history of smoking, alcohol and recreational drug use.

- Pre-existing  medical conditions such as heart disease, renal failure, pulmonary disease etc.

- Pre-existing mental illness

- Predisposition to dangerous behaviours such as criminality (e.g. drunk driving, fighting)

Thailand is a  location that attracts people who  occupy the population segment that is already at a high risk of an early death. If these people remained in their home countries, they would be  reflected in the suicide and death by misadventure stats there. 

In plain language don't blame Thailand because some guy with blocked arteries has a heart attack at the beach, or an alcoholic finally succumbs to cirrhosis, or a violent  foreigner who lived on the edge of society pushed it too far, or a mentally ill man jumps off a balcony etc. There are indeed some cases where foreigners are murdered, however, the vast majority, the overwhelming number of foreign deaths are due to the behaviour and the lifestyle of the foreigner.  How many times must it be said that foreigners should not rent jet skis, bungee jump, parasail at the beach or rent motorbikes if they have no driving experience on a motorbike or in the developing world? And yet they do. These people must take responsibility for their own stupidity. It is easier to stay alive in Thailand if one uses common sense and acts responsibly. Behave like a clueless adolescent and you get splattered.

Good post.

The sea conditions are bad enough at the best of time without alcohol.... more so further up around Kata where drownings are an every day/weekly occurrence and not always widely reported.

My thoughts to his family at this time!RIP