VFS appointments

VFS appointments have been offline for at least the last 9 days. I expected a couple of days for Songkran but surely it should be back up by now.

Any ideas? can't see anything on the website, and anyone have any idea what the lead time was before they closed it.

Not desperate but had hoped for an appointment next week to combine with the funeral. Not much chance of that now.

I just booked my wife's appointment the other day (earlier this week). If I remember correctly, when choosing the appointment type, there was a list. I initially chose standard which came back with nothing, no appointments! I went back and chose the standard (April) option which then worked and I could choose one in May as well.

Hope this helps

Just here in this topic because I love to nag (55):

I know you're a Brit, and there are loads fo Britons here but do remember that VFS also works for various other embassies such as the Ozzies and many Schengen embassies. Some of those who have VFS run a VAC for them are also located in the trendy building, some only use VFS to run the appointment system.

Either way, it would have been useful to include in the topic title that this was in regard to VFS for UK.

*walks out wishing you all a very good weekend*

Cheers. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vice said:

I just booked my wife's appointment the other day (earlier this week). If I remember correctly, when choosing the appointment type, there was a list. I initially chose standard which came back with nothing, no appointments! I went back and chose the standard (April) option which then worked and I could choose one in May as well.

Hope this helps

Thanks. Just been back in and see what you mean. Looks like been wasting my time for the last week or so, will try again tomorrow.

This is the third application on this website and previously have just clicked standard, didn't even bother to look below as they normally involve a fee.

Wonder what the difference between 'standard appointment' and 'standard appointment(April 2017)' is, other than the fact that there are no standard appointments available for this location.

4 hours ago, Donutz said:

Just here in this topic because I love to nag (55):

I know you're a Brit, and there are loads fo Britons here but do remember that VFS also works for various other embassies such as the Ozzies and many Schengen embassies. Some of those who have VFS run a VAC for them are also located in the trendy building, some only use VFS to run the appointment system.

Either way, it would have been useful to include in the topic title that this was in regard to VFS for UK.

*walks out wishing you all a very good weekend*

Cheers. :)

Point taken. Yes I have been in the Canada office at Trendy and also Spain and Austria at Sala Daeng.

Problem solved so thread can be closed.

Does anyone have an idea of what the lead time is for a VFS UK settlement visa appointment? 

There doesn't seem to be a way to find out until you click 'submit' - but it seems that when you click 'submit' that might set the 'date of application'? 

14 hours ago, athousand said:

Does anyone have an idea of what the lead time is for a VFS UK settlement visa appointment? 

There doesn't seem to be a way to find out until you click 'submit' - but it seems that when you click 'submit' that might set the 'date of application'? 

Appointments are available from May 2nd throughout the month with the exception of May 10th.

If you want a standard appointment, choose the option from middle of list, the first one does not work.

This date on the application form  - "DATE APPLICATION SUBMITTED ONLINE:" - is populated with the date that payment is made.

It is not a problem making an appointment and then changing it. Two years ago I had to put the appointment back several times when we had a problem getting my wife's passport back from the VFS Canada office.

• Like 2