Do i have to report myself TM28 , TM30 and report to police if I go on holiday in country ?

Every time I do my 90 day it has never been mentioned. I have lived in the same place for over 5 years and have a yellow tabien bahn . Now if I return to my country for 2 weeks when I return to I have to do a TM28 for myself and a TM30 for myself and go to an Immigration office within 24 hours ? I have left the country before, not since 2015 and just went back to my Immigration office after 90 days and no mention of any TM forms or fines were mentioned.

Also, if , say you decide to go on holiday in country to another province are they saying you should go to Immigration and report yourself if you are staying more than 24 hours and does that then mean when you return to your registered home you have to go to your local Immigration again  ? 

I am sure this has been covered before but any help to clarify this would really be appreciated. Sorry to ask but is it the same across all Immigration offices as I have never been asked before but as I am going away and it seems a hot topic especially in Jomtien (which is not my office ) ?

Thank you

4 minutes ago, madmonk888 said:

Also, if , say you decide to go on holiday in country to another province are they saying you should go to Immigration and report yourself if you are staying more than 24 hours and does that then mean when you return to your registered home you have to go to your local Immigration again  ? 

That reporting is not normally enforced since it would be almost impossible to do.

1 hour ago, ldiablo72 said:

My wife asked this question at Pathumthani immigration because we were going on a trip to Kho Samet and they told her I only need to report if I were to leave the country.

thanks, sounds sensible to me, I am leaving the country so will see then, as I will return to the exact same address, and to where my tabien bahn and Pink ID card say I live :-)

I just returned from immigration and was told the same thing.

Also in the leaflet I was given it states that if you leave the province and stay more than 24hrs in another Province you must report to the Police station.

I questioned it, and although the rules are actually "old" they are now tightening up and want them followed.

25 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I just returned from immigration and was told the same thing.

Also in the leaflet I was given it states that if you leave the province and stay more than 24hrs in another Province you must report to the Police station.

I questioned it, and although the rules are actually "old" they are now tightening up and want them followed.

But how would they know you stayed in another province for more than 24 hours. 

The only way they could know is if your were reported by a hotel and that is kept in special database. Most offices don't bother to check if one has been filed. There are only a couple of offices that have been reported as checking to see if a TM30 was done by a hotel.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

But how would they know you stayed in another province for more than 24 hours. 

The only way they could know is if your were reported by a hotel and that is kept in special database. Most offices don't bother to check if one has been filed. There are only a couple of offices that have been reported as checking to see if a TM30 was done by a hotel.

No idea, I am just reporting what I was told and I had to sign to acknowledge the requirements. I can give you a scan of the leaflet if its helpful.

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

No idea, I am just reporting what I was told and I had to sign to acknowledge the requirements. I can give you a scan of the leaflet if its helpful.

Please do post it - so we can keep track of what your office is requiring this week, which could be helpful to others who report to that office.  Over time, a nationwide policy may be developed, but that could take awhile.

37 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Please do post it - so we can keep track of what your office is requiring this week, which could be helpful to others who report to that office.  Over time, a nationwide policy may be developed, but that could take awhile.

The leaflet appears to be a few years old going by the date(2552), which would suggest its not "new" but what is "new" is they are now pushing its content and "tightening up" and asking to sign that you have read/been informed of its content.

(Offices can/will/do vary)

Immi-2.jpg

Immi-1.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

The leaflet appears to be a few years old going by the date(2552), which would suggest its not "new" but what is "new" is they are now pushing its content and "tightening up" and asking to sign that you have read/been informed of its content.

(Offices can/will/do vary)

The leaflet adds the text of Section 38 of the Immigration Act into Section 37, which is wrong. Nevertheless, I wish I had the opportunity of going with this leaflet to your immigration office and 

1. ask for the form to be used for the notification to "the police official of the police station" under Section 37 (3) and (4). Presumably, it is TM.28 but I'd like to have confirmation;

2. ask for a copy of "any conditions as prescribed by the Director General" mentioned in paragraph 2 of Section 37
    37 para 2.gif

3. ask for a copy of "the regulations prescribed by the Director General" mentioned in paragraph 3 of Section 37
    37 para 3.gif

4. ask for a copy of the "regulations prescribed by the Director General" mentioned in paragraph 3 of Section 38 reagrding the notification of the arrival of an alian by the house-master, possessor or owner of the residence or the hotel manager
    38 para 3.gif
  • Like 1

A couple of days before I left Thailand I made a new TM30 because I rented a new house, and upon my return I went to immigration to do it all over again (same address).  I was only out of the country for 3 days, but was told this is what needed to be done by the immigration officer the first time I went to do the TM30.  Supposedly when you leave the country your current TM30 will be deactivated, so there is a need to go back to immigration to reactivate it. 

When I am travelling in Thailand, and check in to the hotel, I always mention to them that I live in Thailand, and not to report my stay with immigration. Most of the time they understand. 

On a ME non-o the 90 day report supposedly is not necessary. As for the TM28 I had it filled out but it was given back to me.  They said it wasn't necessary. 

The owner doesn't have to go either.  You can get them to sign a power of attorney which you can get by clicking on the following link. http://phomes.perfecthomeschia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Power-of-Attorney-Form.pdf

Edited by Oohwan
Add link
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, curtklay said:

So as always,  the answer is ambiguous and inconclusive. :wacko:

It better to just do it.  It doesn't cost anything, and could avoid you a fine if the immigration officer is in a bad mood that day. 

If you want my honest opinion yes it needs to be done.  Best to make copies of all documents presented, TM30, rental contract, copy of your passport, arrival card, and the tambian bahn of the owner who rents out the property with their ID card.   This way if you do travel outside the country frequently you have all documents ready, and don't have to bother the owners for signatures.

2 hours ago, Oohwan said:

...The owner doesn't have to go either.  You can get them to sign a power of attorney which you can get by clicking on the following link. http://phomes.perfecthomeschia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Power-of-Attorney-Form.pdf

Which immigration office gives out this form?

There have been posts by members who had a problem because their immigration office insisted on the owner's signed copies of the house registration book and ID card but the owner refused or was unavailable. Now that we  have this power of attorney form, it seems like a good idea that when a foreigner rents a house or apartment in Thailand he should get from the owner all of the following, just in case his immigration office should require it, regardless of what the mysteriously unavailable "regulations prescribed by the Director General" issued under Section 38 of the Immigration Act may say:

1. rental contract
  2. signed copy of house registration book
  3. signed copy of ID card
  4. power of attorney for sumission of the form TM.30

(List subject to additions as individual immigration offices of officials come up with new requirements)

I just watched a video from Fabulous FM on YouTube that explains the TM30 rules really well for what they say is Chonburi but only mention the Jomtien office. It was really helpful but I still don't get the TM 28 rules , it looks like you have to report if you go anywhere in country for more than 24 hours which I understand is to know where we are but isn't exactly convenient nor logical if people don't have transport and have to try to find an Immigration office or Police station.. Also when we return we don't have to report ourselves if we are on long term visas and doing 90 days. I think ;-) . 

3 hours ago, Maestro said:

Which immigration office gives out this form?

I am not too sure if this form is even given out at any immigration offices.  I found it on the net while researching TM30.

It worked fine for me when I presented it to Phuket immigration. 

Just wanted to add they also asked me for a copy of my passport, visa, and my arrival card. All which needed to be signed by me as well. 

On 21/04/2017 at 4:24 PM, ldiablo72 said:

My wife asked this question at Pathumthani immigration because we were going on a trip to Kho Samet and they told her I only need to report if I were to leave the country.

Yes, but if we leave they get our departure card and when we return they get our arrival card.  My wife and I tried re advising that I was staying in our usual residence during the first 90 day report after a recent trip overseas.  We were told it was unnecessary unless we change address.   Every office interprets the rules to suit themselves which is incredibly confusing.  Our office is extremely busy with thousands of migrant factory workers and seem to think retired people are a low priority risk once they have seen us a few times.  That suits us just fine.  I think. our office would collapse if they tried to do some of these stupid things.  But perhaps some of the less busy offices like making work by trying to enforce the unenforceable to just to show everyone how clever they are.  That's what it looks like to me, anyway!