Father kills 9 year old son when wife wouldn't return

webfact

Father kills 9 year old son when wife wouldn't return

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

SAMUT SAKORN: -- A 36 year old man stressed out because his wife would not return to him took out his anger on his nine year old son.

Khunthong Khanjamnong shot his youngest child Anurak in the head outside the boy's bedroom at their house in Soi Rong Lor, Muang district of Samut Sakorn in Thailand's north east, reported Daily News.

Police constable Manop Wongnaree who was first on the scene yesterday found the shooter trying to stab himself in the chest with a fruit paring knife outside the front of the house.

Inside a police contingent later discovered the grisly scene. Outside they found a discarded shotgun and inside was one spent cartridge near the body of nine year old Anurak Khanjamnong.

There was also a half empty bottle of "lao khao" spirit and an unfinished meal.

Officer Manop said that when he saw the shooter he kicked the knife from his hands. The father than offered up his hands for handcuffing admitting that he had just shot his son dead.

He then called for back-up.

Relatives who live in the house but who were out at work at the time said that Khunthong was frequently angry and drunk.

His son had only been living there for two weeks as he usually stayed with his mother in Lampang. They said that his father had shown signs of stress because his wife would not return to live with him after leaving him a year ago.

The father had been off work and drinking continually in recent weeks.

But they never thought that it would end like this, they said.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-24

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Police constable Manop Wongnaree who was first on the scene yesterday found the shooter trying to stab himself in the chest with a fruit paring knife outside the front of the house."

Should have left him to it, the horrible self-centered piece of scum.

RIP little fella.

6 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Another example of the fragile Thai male ego. 

Clear sing of how dangerous alcohol is compared to other drugs.

Or guns.. 

or whatever you want to point it at.

Edited by robblok

4 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Perhaps but more likely an example of a world-wide theme. These events are more widely reported these days and occur in every country. Are they more common in Thailand? I doubt it. Just tragic: serious mental health plus booze and , tragically, an inncocent life lost.

45 minutes ago, colinneil said:

No matter how distressed/angry he was taking it out on his son is beyond belief.

First policeman on the scene kicked the knife away WHY???

Should have turned around until he had finished with the knife.

He should have used his gun on the father and claimed self defence.

"A 36 year old man stressed out because his wife would not return to him took out his anger on his nine year old son...There was also a half empty bottle of "lao khao"

My first reaction was "Another example of Thai logic", Until alcohol, a legal and easily obtainable substance, entered into the equation. 

Alcohol abuse over a long period of time reduces logical thinking to the point of ones actions making no sense to the average non addicted person. This is a universal phenomena. Add to that the inflated sense of male ego in this society and you have a double bomb ready to go off at the slightest provocation. 

One needs to take into consideration that the younger generation learns from its elders. When the elders act in this type of irresponsible behavior which appears to be accepted, the younger generation follows suit.

Edited by jaltsc

Just now, jaltsc said:

"A 36 year old man stressed out because his wife would not return to him took out his anger on his nine year old son."

Would someone like to explain "Thai Logic" to me?

It's simple.....there is no such thing as logic here

27 minutes ago, Mook23 said:

He should this he should that... Tvf keyboard heroes in full effect again... 

So you believe that he should be treated gently and with TLC.

This is a murdering piece of crap who thought nothing of murdering a 9 year old boy just because his wife left him never to return.

I suppose that is OK with you?

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

So you believe that he should be treated gently and with TLC.

This is a murdering piece of crap who thought nothing of murdering a 9 year old boy just because his wife left him never to return.

I suppose that is OK with you?

Ah, behold the totally irrational and pointless reply from a keyboard hero. So glad we have nothing in common...

15 minutes ago, starky said:

Why didn't he just shoot himself? What a gutless dog.

My thoughts too. Why, oh why, can't these morons just kill themselves? Why take an innocent life as well? As a father I just cannot understand anyone taking their own child's life.

Relatives who live in the house but who were out at work at the time said that Khunthong was frequently angry and drunk....

But they never thought that it would end like this, they said. ...........REALLY??????

Seems like a perfect place to leave a small boy--alone with his boozing father

whom his wife had ALREADY left because of this...........:wai:

23 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

My thoughts too. Why, oh why, can't these morons just kill themselves? Why take an innocent life as well? As a father I just cannot understand anyone taking their own child's life.

I believe the point was to inflict pain on the EX WIFE..taking her son away......selfish thais..:wai:

<deleted>!

What is wrong with these people?

Poor boy.

These, almost daily, reports really sicken me to the core.

I'm finding it increasing hard to respect these people.

As I've always stated, 'LIVE IS VERY CHEAP HERE'!

That animal should be tortured for what he inflicted on that boy defenseless child.

I cannot even comprehend how anyone, especially a parent, could do such an awful thing to a child.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Khunthong Khanjamnong shot his youngest child Anurak in the head outside the boy's bedroom at their house in Soi Rong Lor, Muang district of Samut Sakorn in Thailand's north east, reported Daily News.

Sorry, sorry webfact but Samut Sakorn is not in Thailand's north east but close to Bangkok .:post-4641-1156693976:

4 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Yup, just another scumbag oxygen thief who does not deserve to live! Put him down, society does not need him. - no excuses.

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Or guns.. 

or whatever you want to point it at.

Guns don't kill people... people kill people....

2) But they never thought....

isn't that the truth!!!!

Edited by wirat69
Correction

9 minutes ago, wirat69 said:

Guns don't kill people... people kill people....

2) But they never thought....

isn't that the truth!!!!

People with guns kill people.. I come from a country with only 120 homicides a year and we got tough gun control.. Guess what it works. Not bad on a 16.000.000 population.

So tough gun control works. 

5 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

"Police constable Manop Wongnaree who was first on the scene yesterday found the shooter trying to stab himself in the chest with a fruit paring knife outside the front of the house."

RIP little fella.

Not left him to it - should have helped.. 

5 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

RIP little fella.

Sorry wrong thread. yes, RIP little fella.

Edited by possum1931