Drugs cop performs "exorcism" ritual for suspects who died in custody

webfact

7 hours ago, clockman said:

No hope for this society!

poorly educated nit wits given a big gun and a badge and this is what they spend their time doing ? bat shxt crazy wannabe coppers . 

Any different to the happy clappers and all the assorted  western idiots who are led in strange rituals by men in frocks to chat to mythical sky wizards who promise eternal life?

None at all.

Perhaps a good look at your country if origin  and its religious superstitions and 'beliefs might be a wise idea  before condemning others with your pompous sanctimonious  know it all twaddle.

11 minutes ago, delphioracle said:

Any different to the happy clappers and all the assorted  western idiots who are led in strange rituals by men in frocks to chat to mythical sky wizards who promise eternal life?

None at all.

Perhaps a good look at your country if origin  and its religious superstitions and 'beliefs might be a wise idea  before condemning others with your pompous sanctimonious  know it all twaddle.

Agree completely.  I am not in any way religious but I won't insult anyone who is.

If their belief helps them in some way then fine with me.

9 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Ghosts are so dumb. A little bit of water and a few words and off they go. They also can't travel under a string, despite being able to go through walls and not being bound by time or space.

Good thing people figured out how to keep them ghosts from causing too much ruckus

Bye, off to buy some string.  Where have you been all these years!!  Or, where did I go?

10 hours ago, webfact said:

"It is a small thing to do for peace of mind," he said, referring to the water pouring. "And it doesn't take up any police budget".

Small, yes. Cheap, ditto. Much more sensible than the inconvenience and expense of mounting investigations. I trust relatives of the deceased appreciated this gesture and feel much happier with their country's legal and justice systems. It's nice when police can also get closure on random spontaneous events outside their control.

2 hours ago, delphioracle said:

That depends on whether they do their job on that basis. If so, there are good grounds to remove them.

On 4/27/2017 at 1:00 PM, webfact said:

He said that senior people he respected had told him that when he became a top cop it was important for him to make merit for those who might have died in police custody to satisfy the spirits of the dead.

I'm sure they died in custody wholly satisfied with their spirit. On the other hand, the pure farce of this exercise in gullibility - and sadly, he is far from the only one - suggests more than a passing acquaintance with some other spirits. 

On 4/27/2017 at 3:08 PM, wombat said:

i rekon thats a genuine feel good story of the day......for all you hard core nay sayers read Bangkok 8 by john burdett

I read it twice , what a good story ,now wishing I had kept it instead of letting my eldest take it to England on her last visit.