PM vows prosecution of every culprit

snoop1130

By The Nation

467e33108efbba23160f1e5aa2b489ac.jpeg

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has pledged to take action against every culprit in the latest teenage-prostitution scandal, which has already implicated several senior officials.

The scandal broke after a mother came forward to complain that her teenage daughter and several other girls had been coerced into the sex trade in Mae Hong Son province. The mother and daughter have asked to remain anonymous out of safety concerns.

“I will spare no one. I have already ordered relevant authorities to bring all wrongdoers to justice,” Prayut said Thursday. 

The scandal has cast a shadow over Mae Hong Song Governor Suebsak Iamwichan and several policemen who allegedly bought sexual services from minors.

The accused now face investigations by various agencies.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30313564

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-4-27

Probably just more hot air, prosecution of every culprit.

Well if that happens( which is highly unlikely) the police and local government in Mae hong son will have very few officers to  fight crime, oversee local government duties.

How come authorities find some crimes and scandals  easy circumstances in which to act the bully, but freeze and grovel when it comes to confronting icons of the privileged elite (eg Red Bull heir, the invisible monk from  the spaceship temple, etc)?  How a sensitive military regime defines the truly powerful and 'úntouchable' would be interesting to research.  The real elite preserve a pristine crime sheet, no matter what, while the wannabes tap dance across the ice floes.  Studies in the African savannah have shown the life expectancy for the average king of beasts is much shorter than that of the  herd species they prey on. Those powerful, ruthless creatures at the top of the food chain are prone to rip apart any  colleagues who show weakness or vulnerability. The downfall of scapegoats can be unexpected, but never pretty.

I'm in full support of the 'Prime Minister' on this one.

For those low life scum found guilty of such crimes, they should loose their pension, privileges and paraded on media for full exposure and maximum effect to expose them and help 'lose of face', and sent to prison for a very long time.

<deleted>!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

“I will spare no one. I have already ordered relevant authorities to bring all wrongdoers to justice,” Prayut said Thursday. 

Do you know how long that will take in this country?

I guess there really is not going to be another election.

Edited by NCC1701A

"Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has pledged to take action against every culprit in the latest teenage-prostitution scandal, which has already implicated several senior officials."

I am sure that will happen.....Right after he returns democracy to the people.

Teen sex ring ‘to face justice’
By The Nation

70ca6ae102ac857301bc7ff9bd553f12.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- PRIME MINISTER General Prayut Chan-o-cha has pledged to take action against every culprit in the latest teenage-prostitution scandal, which has already implicated several senior officials.

The scandal broke after a mother came forward to complain that her teenage daughter and several other girls had been coerced into the sex trade in Mae Hong Son province. The mother and daughter have asked to remain anonymous out of safety concerns.

“I will spare no one. I have already ordered relevant authorities to bring all wrongdoers to justice,” Prayut said yesterday.

The scandal has cast a shadow over Mae Hong Song Governor Suebsak Iamwichan and several policemen who allegedly bought sexual services from minors.

The accused now face investigations by various agencies.

Deputy national police commissioner Lt-General Srivara Ransibrahmanakul said yesterday that police already had clear evidence against Suebsak but could not yet release details.

“There is no need to summon him for questioning for the time being because he is already facing an investigation by the Interior Ministry,” Srivara said.

Suebsak has denied any wrongdoing, saying that he had evidence to prove his innocence.

“Absolutely, I have never done such a thing. The scandal has hurt my reputation and my family’s,” he said. Many local officials have offered moral support for Suebsak, giving him flowers as he fights the allegations.

On Wednesday, six women accused by the anonymous mother of being sex procurers in Mae Hong Son province appeared at a government complaint centre to deny the accusation. They also said they did not personally know Suebsak.

Suebsak has served as governor of Mae Hong Son since October 1. His predecessor was Pipat Ekpapan.

After Suebsak dismissed reports that he had sought a child prostitute, there were questions whether the high-profile customer named by the mother could be Pipat. Several reporters attempted to interview him at Uttaradit City Hall yesterday.

Pipat, who is now the Uttaradit governor, said he would not give any interviews about the scandal in line with an order from the Interior Ministry’s permanent secretary.

The Anti-Trafficking in Persons police have arrested three suspects in connection with the scandal, all of whom are accused of being procurers who allegedly coerced the anonymous daughter into the sex trade. They have denied wrongdoing.

All three are facing human-trafficking charges and are now in detention pending the completion of the police investigation.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30313576

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-28

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

Probably just more hot air, prosecution of every culprit.

Well if that happens( which is highly unlikely) the police and local government in Mae hong son will have very few officers to  fight crime, oversee local government duties.

Now let me think, hmmmm, could that be because they will all be transferred to another post, justice served Thai style 

Dear Mr. Prayut

as you know better then me: every culprit who has money will never face any charges as all in the process involded : police, court, judges love to take the offered pribes!!!!!!!!!!

So stop telling more things that are just in your fantasy and you anounce them like a new way of enforcing something

People dont believe that anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

14 hours ago, clockman said:

We shall see. East to talk!

There can never be prosecution in the courts for most of anyone in the government  because even if certain government or police higher ups are not involved in this scrxwing these young kids then  they are to have been in other types of corruption that they might have shared with those implemented in this case.The national corruption that has been going on in LOS is so deep that if you ever see a higher up go to the prison then believe me he has been made very comfortable there and it is a very orchestrated dealing with such matters.I know of some experience there as a protected one in the 1970s.For most higher up to be prosecuted it would be compared to a Number One on the "Most Wanted" list ,turning in Number Two.

Edited by sanukjim

" Hey, guess what boys? I just went out onto the balcony,Got my picture taken. put on my stern face, and pointed my angry pointy finger, and told them, in my best angry voice, I'm gonna charge every body, no matter who they are, whose been screwing the underage tarts in Nakorn Nowhere, cos all this publicity is getting on my tits.

That should keep 'em quiet for a few days. Now,how we doin' with the Chinese? have we got them down to 2 free yet?"

RTP and RTA brothers in crime and both looking after each other back as both holds too much secrets together. The governor and few junior constables will have to go as they are dispensable. The police chiefs will protect their own and maybe just a slap on the wrist with another transfer to inactive post albeit temporary until the heat cools down and public forget. Happens all the time.