Pattaya fruit seller feels like a lemon after Facebook con!

rooster59

Pattaya fruit seller feels like a lemon after Facebook con!

tnews_1493352700_5719.jpg

Image: T News

A fruit seller at a market in Pattaya went to the resort's cops after she was tricked on Facebook yesterday.

Natchuchaya Promma, 39, thought all her prayers were answered when she got a message on Facebook from someone she didn't know to say that she had won a million baht.

All she had to do was buy 3,000 baht of True money credit and send it to him with some bank details and the million was hers.

So she transferred the money.

She started to get a tad suspicious when a further request for 2,000 baht was made before the windfall could be sent to her account.

Some checks revealed she had been duped.

So she went to the cops to tell hem what had happened.

Source: T News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-29

5 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Natchuchaya Promma, 39, thought all her prayers were answered when she got a message on Facebook from someone she didn't know to say that she had won a million baht.

Very, very hard to believe the stupidity of these people who fall for the 'you've won money' trick off someone they have never heard of.

Pure greed on their behalf comes to mind, no sympathy whatsoever.

One born every minute.

As i have too much spare cash, anyone who sends me a good original joke, will get 5 million baht.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Sounds stupid dosnt it. Yet some silly bugger will believe it, and try to get the money.

I do hope this thread doesn't degenerate into a series of posters revelling in someone's misfortune. The victim is a fruit seller in a relatively poor country. 3000 Baht is probably a life-changing amount of money for her.

24 minutes ago, champers said:

I do hope this thread doesn't degenerate into a series of posters revelling in someone's misfortune. The victim is a fruit seller in a relatively poor country. 3000 Baht is probably a life-changing amount of money for her.

Ive read many stories like this over the years, some where others have warned them constantly and strongly (before they got duped) that its a scam

Do they listen? Of course not, because it was only the stupid farang told them.

You could feel sorry for this one i guess, but she is likely to get duped again in the future by something more sophisticated, trying to win the lost money back.

Stupidity and greed cant really be helped im afraid.

People need to realise FB is a con man"s paradise, so many stories we hear about FB and dating websites "send us some money to pay for presents I sent you", is a con and has been for years.

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

The Nigerian 409 con job has been Thilandnised to suit the local gullible

believers of things that are just too good to be true, something that easy

to do with Thai people....

Ezzra you are so right The N's are the big ones who claim to live anywhere but Nigeria where most of them actually live.

Sad to say when this offer comes in most Thai ladies and many others just loose it for a few seconds, but then the cash has gone.

Ladies if they ask you to send cash via a transfer its a con FORGET IT

The only thing thats free is the air you breath, For Now

Well if they got the bank details it should be possible to track this scumbag down.

Yes many Thais are very naive, believing in things that most others don't. 

I fell sorry to the fruit selling lady and hope she learned a lesson.

Edited by guzzi850m2

The scammers use people's greed,and that affects rich as well as  poor,

if they only stopped to think,I did not buy a ticket in this lottery so how

could I have won.blinded by the thought of an easy million THB.

she is lucky she only lost 3,000 THB, could have been a lot worse.now

if she only learns by her mistake.

regards worgeordie

4 hours ago, champers said:

it will degenerate without any doubt. too many poor keyboard warriors sitting frustrated in their shoeboxes, enjoying their own derogatory comments pertaining to the mishap of another poor soul and getting a kick out of it. :bah:

People need to realise FB is a con man"s paradise, so many stories we hear about FB and dating websites "send us some money to pay for presents I sent you", is a con and has been for years.
Ezzra you are so right The N's are the big ones who claim to live anywhere but Nigeria where most of them actually live.

Sad to say when this offer comes in most Thai ladies and many others just loose it for a few seconds, but then the cash has gone.

Ladies if they ask you to send cash via a transfer its a con FORGET IT

The only thing thats free is the air you breath, For Now

Visit the Twitter thread of Durham Police Fraud department to get just a small insight of what goes on in their area of the UK.
Twitter @DurhamFraud

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Happened to a friend of mine, he ran around town buying up cel phone credits and passing the code on to the scammer.
Despite my warnings and warnings from family and friends he was convinced it was legit.
He was like a man possessed !
He never admitted to how much he passed on but it was a pretty penny !!
People get blinded by these scams and greed takes over their senses.

I feel sorry for the fruit seller and nothing but hatred for these scammers !! [emoji35]

5 hours ago, champers said:

Except she sells in Pattaya... possibly small change!!

1 hour ago, wirat69 said:

Except she sells in Pattaya... possibly small change!!

If you think fruit sellers in Pattaya earn ridiculous sums compared to other areas of Thailand I have 1 million baht for you - will pm you details of my account to send 3000 baht to so I can get the funds released.

7 hours ago, champers said:

The truth of the matter is we are our own worst enemies in these situations

Victims of our own human nature which makes life easy for the scammers

2 hours ago, Orac said:

If you think fruit sellers in Pattaya earn ridiculous sums compared to other areas of Thailand I have 1 million baht for you - will pm you details of my account to send 3000 baht to so I can get the funds released.

Oh please do, be my guest, I will save YOU the trouble of releasing the funds though, I will take care of that 55555

9 hours ago, champers said:

So why be so stupid to send 3,000b?

Pure Greed.

i will send you $100 if you send me $10... its totally true you can trust me! 

What do you mean you wont send me $10 what do you mean I am trying to trick you!?!?!?!

ok send me 3000 and i will send you 1,000,000?

You promise? ok here is the 3000

Edited by speckio

6 hours ago, Naam said:

it will degenerate without any doubt. too many poor keyboard warriors sitting frustrated in their shoeboxes, enjoying their own derogatory comments pertaining to the mishap of another poor soul and getting a kick out of it. :bah:

What do you expect?

many of them were scammed of houses, cars, bikes by women with IQs less than their shoe size.lol