Possible blacklisted? Please help.

2 hours ago, CharlotteQ said:

Thanks for your reply. The letter is not required per se. But due to the fact I changed the nature of my tourist visa to working visa during my stay in Thailand back in 2015, the staff advised that it would increase my chances if I provide them a letter from my Thai bf.

More ironically I was told being a young female Chinese citizen would always raise suspicions in my situation, as they would easily assume that I'm engaged in some unspeakable profession in a country infamous for it, since I spend so much time in Thailand. But getting wrongly judged is the last thing I worry about right now. I blame myself and my ex (who told me his financial state couldn't afford for us to get married which would grant me a more permanent visa) for leaving behind such a messy record on my passport. I need a native Thai to write me a letter stating the purpose of my visit this time. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could go about doing that now that I'm not even in Thailand pls?

I think expecting a Thai stranger to write a letter on your behalf, when they have no guarantee that the purpose of your visit is what you claim, is highly optimistic. Frankly, I would not. That is without factoring in that saying they know you when they do not is illegal, and that what you have indicated are your intentions when you arrive are likely to end up creating trouble and an examination of your visa application.

Soliciting the assistance of someone to write a fake letter for you seems a questionable tactic to me. IMHO explore other legit options first, such as below ....

Why not book yourself on a cheapo, all inclusive packaged tour from China to Thailand ? The big Chinese based tour companies most probably assist their customers obtaining the appropriate visa, and you'll also have a legit tour itinerary within Thailand to show the authorities.

Choose the longest packaged tour you can find, to give you extra time in Thailand.

Once inside Thailand, whether you stay with the tour group, or knick off and do your own thing for 2 weeks, is up to you.

35 minutes ago, electric said:

Soliciting the assistance of someone to write a fake letter for you seems a questionable tactic to me. IMHO explore other legit options first, such as below ....

Why not book yourself on a cheapo, all inclusive packaged tour from China to Thailand ? The big Chinese based tour companies most probably assist their customers obtaining the appropriate visa, and you'll also have a legit tour itinerary within Thailand to show the authorities.

Choose the longest packaged tour you can find, to give you extra time in Thailand.

Once inside Thailand, whether you stay with the tour group, or knick off and do your own thing for 2 weeks, is up to you.

I've tried with the traveling agency but they refused because I had a record of overstay for 2 months back in 2015 due to my illness.

It's not a fake letter per se. As the purpose of my visit really is tourism, and that I wouldn't work in Thailand which is what they want to be sure of.

5 hours ago, BritTim said:

I think expecting a Thai stranger to write a letter on your behalf, when they have no guarantee that the purpose of your visit is what you claim, is highly optimistic. Frankly, I would not. That is without factoring in that saying they know you when they do not is illegal, and that what you have indicated are your intentions when you arrive are likely to end up creating trouble and an examination of your visa application.

I understand. It doesn't necessarily have to come from my bf but it would help. I'm not going to get myself in trouble. Just want a peaceful resolution that I deserve. I've been doing all my preparations for the trip and struggling with my illness on my own. It seems there's an obstacle with each step I take. It's disheartening knowing that my family don't care enough to help.

Edited by CharlotteQ

43 minutes ago, CharlotteQ said:

I understand. It doesn't necessarily have to come from my bf but it would help. I'm not going to get myself in trouble. Just want a peaceful resolution that I deserve. I've been doing all my preparations for the trip and struggling with my illness on my own. It seems there's an obstacle with each step I take. It's disheartening knowing that my family don't care enough to help.

Has it occurred to you that the family may see your plans more rationally than you do?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

go to the embassy in your home country ... apply for the Tourist Visa ....

get it .....  travel here and forget the rest .....

She is already in her home country. Go back and read the topic.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Evilbaz said:

Has it occurred to you that the family may see your plans more rationally than you do?

Sadly that is not the case. My mom lied to me that she could help me figure out a way to solve my problems once I came home. Now she's happily living in the UK away from her responsibilities. If my mom was a decent enough parent, she would have talked things out with my ex's family during her stay there. Instead she spent almost everyday there in spas and church.

23 minutes ago, steven100 said:

go to the embassy in your home country ... apply for the Tourist Visa ....

get it .....  travel here and forget the rest .....

Like ubonjoe said.

Another thing was suggested to me by the consulate at the embassy yesterday, visa on arrival. But it's too risky for someone with my messy record. I regret deeply for trusting my ex completely with my visa each time we had to renew it. What he did, buying working and student visa here and there really hurts my chances of traveling abroad anywhere without being cross-examined.

I've tried with the traveling agency but they refused because I had a record of overstay for 2 months back in 2015 due to my illness.

It's not a fake letter per se. As the purpose of my visit really is tourism, and that I wouldn't work in Thailand which is what they want to be sure of.

How does a travel agency have any record of your previous overstay? Or have I missed something?

Exactly. Have you told them that you are no longer with this boyfriend thus unable to provide the letter they request? Honesty is sometimes easier than obfuscation.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

How does a travel agency have any record of your previous overstay? Or have I missed something?

Looking at her passport I would guess. The overstay stamp would be hard to miss.

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Looking at her passport I would guess. The overstay stamp would be hard to miss.

In retrospect, I re-read the thread and can assume that this is what they did. The Thai Consulate never mentioned it... but maybe they haven't even looked at the passport since support documentation needed before submitting the application seems to be a stumbling block. I guess visa agencies in China do due dilligence!

Edited by NanLaew

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Exactly. Have you told them that you are no longer with this boyfriend thus unable to provide the letter they request? Honesty is sometimes easier than obfuscation.

Then there would be nothing to prove that I won't be working in Thailand this time. And I would be most likely rejected.

9 minutes ago, Evilbaz said:

Go to Malaysia.

Get your Thai visa there (Penang better than KL).

She is Chinese. She cannot get a visa in Penang since Chinese can only get a visa in China unless they are a legal resident of the country where they are applying.

See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/files/services-20170329-110629-261260.pdf

You need to find a safe location once you arrive Thailand.  When you confront him bring a friend with you if possible and try to finish the conversation with him in a nice way , then you can try to relax and take a deep breath and hopefully move on in life.  But your life is more important than your ex, please remember that . 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

She is Chinese. She cannot get a visa in Penang since Chinese can only get a visa in China unless they are a legal resident of the country where they are applying.

See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/files/services-20170329-110629-261260.pdf

Well enter Visa exempt/VOA from there?

(with a clean passport).

35 minutes ago, Evilbaz said:

Well enter Visa exempt/VOA from there?

(with a clean passport).

She would only get a 15 day visa on arrival for a fee of 1000 baht (2000 baht after August).

Not sure why she would want to fly from China where she is at at this time to Malaysia to do a visa on arrival.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, balo said:

You need to find a safe location once you arrive Thailand.  When you confront him bring a friend with you if possible and try to finish the conversation with him in a nice way , then you can try to relax and take a deep breath and hopefully move on in life.  But your life is more important than your ex, please remember that . 

Thank you. I'll be very careful and as courteous as possible.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

She would only get a 15 day visa on arrival for a fee of 1000 baht (2000 baht after August).

Not sure why she would want to fly from China where she is at at this time to Malaysia to do a visa on arrival.

Thank you ubonjoe for the clarification.

I wouldn't mind doing VOA or visa exempt if you think they are possible. At this moment I simply must get to Thailand, 15 days should be enough for what I have to do. So the same question I have asked earlier...

1. Am I qualified for visa exempt with a Chinese visa?

2.And if you think by getting a new passport I should be able to get a VOA, would I get into trouble getting into Thailand, i.e. getting through immigration?

28 minutes ago, CharlotteQ said:

Thank you ubonjoe for the clarification.

I wouldn't mind doing VOA or visa exempt if you think they are possible. At this moment I simply must get to Thailand, 15 days should be enough for what I have to do. So the same question I have asked earlier...

1. Am I qualified for visa exempt with a Chinese visa?

2.And if you think by getting a new passport I should be able to get a VOA, would I get into trouble getting into Thailand, i.e. getting through immigration?

1. No, You cannot get a visa exempt entry for Thailand with a Chinese passport. You usually can  get a visa-on-arrival (which is something different) allowing a 15-day stay. However, you can be refused a visa-on-arrival. If you think the Thai consulate is going to refuse you, that is certainly a risk also at the visa-on-arrival desk at the airport. Further, I do not know how closely the airlines examine passports when checking in. Certainly, you will need a return flight booked, but they may (like the travel agent) not like your prior immigration history.
  2. I do not know whether a new passport would help, either applying for a visa at the consulate (which I would prefer as it virtually guarantees entry when you arrive) or a visa-on-arrival. I guess my instinct would be to get a new passport and try to get a visa through a travel agent, but I make no guarantee that would work.
  • Like 1

On 22/05/2017 at 0:15 AM, BritTim said:
  1. No, You cannot get a visa exempt entry for Thailand with a Chinese passport. You usually can  get a visa-on-arrival (which is something different) allowing a 15-day stay. However, you can be refused a visa-on-arrival. If you think the Thai consulate is going to refuse you, that is certainly a risk also at the visa-on-arrival desk at the airport. Further, I do not know how closely the airlines examine passports when checking in. Certainly, you will need a return flight booked, but they may (like the travel agent) not like your prior immigration history.
  2. I do not know whether a new passport would help, either applying for a visa at the consulate (which I would prefer as it virtually guarantees entry when you arrive) or a visa-on-arrival. I guess my instinct would be to get a new passport and try to get a visa through a travel agent, but I make no guarantee that would work.

Thank you BritTim. I guess the safest way is to get a visa at the consulate. They do mention that if your passport is new, you'd have to provide a copy of your old passport. So I guess I'll try and find someone who can provide me with the letter.

Hi,

I'm still having trouble getting the letter. Could anyone kindly tell me, would it improve me chance with the embassy or later with the immigration in case my only option left is VOA, if I get a new passport?

I've been told that instead of asking for a replacement, just a new passport. Is that how it works?

I don't think a new passport would help with the Thai embassy as it is required to present your old passport if your new one is like a month old.

So, it comes down to what if I just buy the ticket and try my luck with VOA? Would they check my record there? And with my previous encounter with the Thai police, would it put them on alert to check things more thoroughly?

Thanks again everyone :}

3 hours ago, CharlotteQ said:

Hi,

I'm still having trouble getting the letter. Could anyone kindly tell me, would it improve me chance with the embassy or later with the immigration in case my only option left is VOA, if I get a new passport?

I've been told that instead of asking for a replacement, just a new passport. Is that how it works?

I don't think a new passport would help with the Thai embassy as it is required to present your old passport if your new one is like a month old.

So, it comes down to what if I just buy the ticket and try my luck with VOA? Would they check my record there? And with my previous encounter with the Thai police, would it put them on alert to check things more thoroughly?

Thanks again everyone :}

Are you sure, that one of your problems isn't also anxiety? Because you are overthinking a lot. From simple visa application you were able to make 8 pages long thread... .

Just tell them there's no boyfriend anymore, you can't get letter, get visa, go to Thailand. You will see, maybe it will go good, mayb bad. Just finally do it!

23 minutes ago, howard ashoul said:

Are you sure, that one of your problems isn't also anxiety? Because you are overthinking a lot. From simple visa application you were able to make 8 pages long thread... .

Just tell them there's no boyfriend anymore, you can't get letter, get visa, go to Thailand. You will see, maybe it will go good, mayb bad. Just finally do it!

Not sure if you've read my "8 pages long" thread. But here lies the problems I'm facing in short:

1.I've spent the most of the last 4 years in Thailand switching from tourist, student and work visas depending on what my ex could get me.

2.I overstayed for 2 months due to illness in 2015. Overstay seems to be a problem not easily overlooked from what I've read.

3.I'm not sure if the false record at the Thai police would give me any trouble getting in Thailand.

4.For reasons above, I want to be careful applying for my visa this time. As a rejection might equal to more problems adding to my record as I was told.

But thanks for your suggestion. The letter isn't mandatory but in my case, in order to convince them, I was told that it would help.

4 hours ago, CharlotteQ said:

Not sure if you've read my "8 pages long" thread. But here lies the problems I'm facing in short:

1.I've spent the most of the last 4 years in Thailand switching from tourist, student and work visas depending on what my ex could get me.

2.I overstayed for 2 months due to illness in 2015. Overstay seems to be a problem not easily overlooked from what I've read.

3.I'm not sure if the false record at the Thai police would give me any trouble getting in Thailand.

4.For reasons above, I want to be careful applying for my visa this time. As a rejection might equal to more problems adding to my record as I was told.

But thanks for your suggestion. The letter isn't mandatory but in my case, in order to convince them, I was told that it would help.

3) you did bite him but this is not a reason to deny you a visa.

5) you being a while in a mental hospital (right or wrong) might but I don't know if they have a record of that, maybe Ubonjoe can clarify that.