On site House problem

This is quite a complex problem, hope someone may have been in a simular situation and have found a solution

We are a British couple who lived in Pattaya Thailand for seven happy years. We own our very beautiful house, on a site that only had two houses completed.The site was left undeveloped for six and a half years. The Thai owner sold the site in packages to a French development company. Just before we left they started work on the site.

We still own the house and it has been rented out to the same couple for 2 1/2 years. They in turn had many problems with money so we lowered the rent to help. If that wasn't bad enough the site manager fell out with the original property owner (Mr C) about turning his car round on his site. Unfortunatly Mr C lost face. He still ownes the road and land  that leads to the site and no suprise Mr C tuned off the water suppy and stopped the rubbish being collected, informed them that if they carry on upsetting him he will block off all access to the site.As it stands the house is now suppied by a drilled well that the company put into one of their houses, the water is free but is a very low standard. This is going to be kept up until city water is connected.

Now the problem of the rubbish...... the renters are idiots and do not seem to understand that it was now their problem to get rid of the rubbish (it is, after all, they who put it there). There are bins on the road 600 meters away. No they don't walk to the bins they put it out side of the gate. The Canadian guy who lives up the road started putting his there too becuse he is a lazy SOB! Now after 8 months there is a huge pile of stinking rubbish next to my house attracting local stray dogs and rats.Oh yes she, his wife, had a go at the English site manager, clever girl.Screaming fit she told us

Next problem the renters are a Thai/Swiss mix. He has not worked but she works and gets 40,000bt per month "they have no cash" but 5 dogs and seven cats and ticks all over the place. We have now been informed by them that they have been offered a job on one of the islands for six months. Get this, they want to put a friend of theirs in the house to look after it and the animals they can't take.We, as you can imagine, are blown away by their stupidity! She is going to pack in her job and they are going for 6 months then come back! she and he will have no jobs. How do we get any rent, which is set so low that I am embarrasd to say on here? The house is three bed/three bath, huge garden garage,and swiming pool. Biggest house on the site, biggest plot and less to buy that the new ones.

I want them to go, just by putting the guy in there they will have broken their contract.  The problem for me who is lible to take care of the rubbish and water? is it the site? is it me and my wife?  we are 6000mls away, we would have to go through our solicitor

The rubbish needs moving and the house bug bombed before it can be rented again or just sold for what ever we can get. If there is no one in there it will get robbed. Rock and a hard place. We are in our very late 50's with little money.

The entrance to the site is like an over grown jungle. The site has 4 fantastic new houses a big mound of rubbish and crap water. How do these people figure that this is the way to sell any houses on there??? 

Please don't say thats why you should rent. We were not coming back.

Constructive stuff would be nice.

abandon it its a lost cause but  trash the house before you finally  do, seriously  thats destructive constructive advice

Post a photo of it if  you have one

Edited by kannot

This is quite a complex problem, hope someone may have been in a simular situation and have found a solution

We are a British couple who lived in Pattaya Thailand for seven happy years. We own our very beautiful house, on a site that only had two houses completed.The site was left undeveloped for six and a half years. The Thai owner sold the site in packages to a French development company. Just before we left they started work on the site.

We still own the house and it has been rented out to the same couple for 2 1/2 years. They in turn had many problems with money so we lowered the rent to help. If that wasn't bad enough the site manager fell out with the original property owner (Mr C) about turning his car round on his site. Unfortunatly Mr C lost face. He still ownes the road and land  that leads to the site and no suprise Mr C tuned off the water suppy and stopped the rubbish being collected, informed them that if they carry on upsetting him he will block off all access to the site.As it stands the house is now suppied by a drilled well that the company put into one of their houses, the water is free but is a very low standard. This is going to be kept up until city water is connected.

Now the problem of the rubbish...... the renters are idiots and do not seem to understand that it was now their problem to get rid of the rubbish (it is, after all, they who put it there). There are bins on the road 600 meters away. No they don't walk to the bins they put it out side of the gate. The Canadian guy who lives up the road started putting his there too becuse he is a lazy SOB! Now after 8 months there is a huge pile of stinking rubbish next to my house attracting local stray dogs and rats.Oh yes she, his wife, had a go at the English site manager, clever girl.Screaming fit she told us

Next problem the renters are a Thai/Swiss mix. He has not worked but she works and gets 40,000bt per month "they have no cash" but 5 dogs and seven cats and ticks all over the place. We have now been informed by them that they have been offered a job on one of the islands for six months. Get this, they want to put a friend of theirs in the house to look after it and the animals they can't take.We, as you can imagine, are blown away by their stupidity! She is going to pack in her job and they are going for 6 months then come back! she and he will have no jobs. How do we get any rent, which is set so low that I am embarrasd to say on here? The house is three bed/three bath, huge garden garage,and swiming pool. Biggest house on the site, biggest plot and less to buy that the new ones.

I want them to go, just by putting the guy in there they will have broken their contract.  The problem for me who is lible to take care of the rubbish and water? is it the site? is it me and my wife?  we are 6000mls away, we would have to go through our solicitor
The rubbish needs moving and the house bug bombed before it can be rented again or just sold for what ever we can get. If there is no one in there it will get robbed. Rock and a hard place. We are in our very late 50's with little money.

The entrance to the site is like an over grown jungle. The site has 4 fantastic new houses a big mound of rubbish and crap water. How do these people figure that this is the way to sell any houses on there??? 

Please don't say thats why you should rent. We were not coming back.

Constructive stuff would be nice.

I agree with kannot, especially with your current income status. If you have no plans of returning to Thailand, concider the cost to undo ALL the harm done to the properties and affected people in order to make selling a profitable outcome and not a loss. This would probably require aifare to Thailand. Otherwise, you will be wasting valuable income. If you know someone you trust in Thailand that can take care of kannot's deconstruction constructive advise, wire them the money and walk away. Save the airfare, heavy costs, and headaches. By all means, stay where you want to stay and relieve yourselves of a heavy burden. Best of luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

is it owned by a company, if so that must be costing you money every year, maybe finding someone to buy at the price that reflects the state it is in.

the other way would be to empty the house of all valuable items and leave it to stand, maybe when all the problems are solved, it can be reassessed 

I got stuck at the point where you said "...the site manager fell out with the original property owner (Mr C) about turning his car round on his site."  What on earth did the site manager get so upset about?  (Rhetorical question, I guess: Hard to explain how other people tick.)

I suspect you're reluctant to just walk away since you said: "We are in our very late 50's with little money."  I assume you'd like to get *some* of your investment back.  Not sure you can, but maybe someone can find an angle for you.

Good luck!

3 hours ago, tomwct said:

Kick them out and a have a "firesale" on the house. Your not here, so get rid of it!

I concur !!  to go to the expense of coming here yourself and try and resolve the situation would takes years or worse indefinite.

In the 7 years you were there surely you know someone who may be able to handle the situation for you to sell it.