Towering ghost "saves life" of Sattahip woman - now scramble begins for lottery numbers

webfact

Towering ghost "saves life" of Sattahip woman - now scramble begins for lottery numbers

5pm.jpg

Source: Sanook

SATTAHIP: --  The mother of a woman who had a miraculous escape in an overturned pick-up said her daughter swerved to avoid a shadowy ghost that was "as clear as day", reported Sanook.

She said it was a clear warning sign from the protective spirit of a navy housing estate trying to stop her daughter going onto the main road where she may have faced death.

Now the locals are scurrying to buy lottery tickets using the registration of the vehicle.

Sanook said in their headline that the story really put the hairs on the back of your neck up.

Police called to the scene of the accident in a navy personnel housing estate found 21 year old Rithaichanok completely uninjured but in a state of shock by her overturned vehicle.

Her mother told reporters that she had just left the family home minutes before. She had seen a huge shadowy black figure in the middle of the road and swerved, hitting a power pole and flipping the Ford Ranger.

She said the accident happened in broad daylight and the spirit was itself as clear as day.

She said it was a clear warning sign that the protective spirit of the housing state was trying to warn her daughter that she would face possible death if she went out on the main road.

It was obviously an omen, she said, and would undoubtedly have been much worse for her daughter if she had made it to the highway.

Mum and daughter immediately went to the temple to make merit while the locals who were at the scene also took it as a sign - they scrambled to buy lottery tickets with the 4431 number of the Ranger's license plate.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-01

>She said it was a clear warning sign that the protective spirit of the housing state was trying to warn her daughter that she would face possible death if she went out on the main road.<

Don't really need ghosts to know you're 'facing possible death' as soon as you hit any road, let alone one anywhere hereabouts ...

?? - yeah, thank god 'the mother wasn't driving' - still, some woman obviously can't drive, death-right there ...

Then again with blood-relatives like this i might try to hit the next best power-pole as well ... :cheesy:

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Her mother told reporters that she had ... seen a huge shadowy black figure in the middle of the road and swerved, hitting a power pole and flipping the Ford Ranger.

She said it was a clear warning sign that the protective spirit of the housing state was trying to warn her daughter that she would face possible death if she went out on the main road.

So hitting the pole was a the obvious alternative.

The Thai mind sees lottery numbers ... the logical one simply boggles.

I wonder how many mocking the locals for believing in ghosts themselves believe in the fairytale of a bearded bloke returning from the dead, and that some fantasy god is looking over them as well as keeping watch on everything that goes on in the billions of galaxies in the universe. I know who I'd side with if judging who was crazier.

Looks like a successful creative strategy to avoid the inconvenience of drug and alcohol tests on Thai roads. Would it work for a determined farang, do you think? I'll have to spend some time concocting a story that will expiate my role in any future collision.  If the Police make a note of my registration and scurry away, Ill know I'm gold; a  smile and shake of the head and I'll know I'm cooked.

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I wonder how many mocking the locals for believing in ghosts themselves believe in the fairytale of a bearded bloke returning from the dead, and that some fantasy god is looking over them as well as keeping watch on everything that goes on in the billions of galaxies in the universe. I know who I'd side with if judging who was crazier.

I would not wonder .

I would assume that they are all confirmed atheists and that none of them are in the slightest bit interested in promoting Christianity (or any other spiritualism) as a meaningful, alternative "truth" to that to which many Thai people adhere.

There may be a forum where you could be sure of "needling" Christians, but I don't think it's this one.