American man found dead in Pattaya

webfact

9 hours ago, tomwct said:

I agree! I think jumping would be more thrilling and will not leave a home with a ghost. Go to Bangkok and stay at a 5 star hotel with

a balcony and 40 floors. Enjoy yourself for a few days and then decide when to take flying lessons. After, you'll qualify for wings at your funeral. RIP!

Really?  And you think there's more dignity with that than with the method he chose?   If someone chooses a public suicide, he gets a post-mortem roasting for exposing the public to it.  If he does it in private, then he gets castigated for not taking the trouble to remove all doubt.  'Not sure why an individual taking his own life should worry about satisfying all the never-satisfied backbiters here on TV.

RIP

Go to MBK (or any market for that matter) and see what happens when someone finds a way to make some money and the word gets out.

And that's why I wish they'd investigate these mysterious deaths a little more thoroughly.

I say mysterious because there were no witnesses, and apparently no investigation before ruling out foul play.

2 hours ago, dunroaming said:

If you read this story almost anywhere else except Thailand then you would be very likely to just shrug your shoulders and say RIP.  However this happens every other day in Thailand and I cannot believe that there are that many farangs who decide to take their lives due to health issues.  It is just not plausible.

You have to consider that the tourists & expats who come to Thailand aren't representative of the average in their own countries. They're much more likely to have emotional/health/financial issues they can't easily solve here.

Maybe one day we will figure out how to provide good health care to all people on the planet without bankrupting families or only for the wealthy.  Feel for him and his entire family and friends.  

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:51 AM, worgeordie said:

Found in Bathroom,wife not there, not saying anything is suspicious, 

but that seem to be a common scenario for Farangs in Thailand.

RIP 

regards Worgeordie

Yes, 85% of the time I would estimate.  The Wife or GF is always not there or was away and then comes home and finds him dead.  Killing himself so he wouldn't be a financial burden?  Is she implying he was not paying for anything and that she was bankrolling the operation?  The man surely or almost surely would be getting social security so there would have been some monies coming in.  Now, if she is a legitimate wife in the USA's eyes, she will be getting his death benefits won't she? 

4 hours ago, dunroaming said:

If you read this story almost anywhere else except Thailand then you would be very likely to just shrug your shoulders and say RIP.  However this happens every other day in Thailand and I cannot believe that there are that many farangs who decide to take their lives due to health issues.  It is just not plausible.

loneliness

long exposure to the feeling of not belonging

betrayal by partner

consumption of alcohol

just to name a few....

On 5/1/2017 at 2:13 PM, balo said:

Difficult to tell if it is a suicide or not, I think its selfish to take your own life at home in this dramatic way ,  But if he was seriously ill and depressed I guess he did not think twice. 

I think 99% of the people that commit suicide are not thinking correctly let alone the consequences of their actions.  

19 hours ago, kenk24 said:

What does that mean - it only happens here? Do you think that Caucasians only die in Thailand? and not in Europe, Australia, USA? There are more people gunned down by strangers in the course of a day in USA, suicide rates are high in military and civilian... 

No sunshine They die in their own country at a higher rate because there are a lot more of them who stayed at home. Here they are as you say gunned down every day or flung over a balcony or stab themselves 7 times and jump over a balcony from the second floor. They even go scuba diving and cut their own throat and have BBQs in bathrooms as well as slipping and banging their heads. Hey they also electrocute themselves through walls that are connected to earth that would throw any fuse 100 KM away (fact). Hey guess what they do it 3 to 5 times a day. Maybe you are just lucky>> for now.

London suicide rate aint nothing like this mate.

If yer gonna cut your wrist, the shower is the only place to do it if you want it to be easy to clean up.  He was being kind to those that found him.  Life...................down the drain.  Hope it was all good before that day!

16 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

No sunshine They die in their own country at a higher rate because there are a lot more of them who stayed at home. Here they are as you say gunned down every day or flung over a balcony or stab themselves 7 times and jump over a balcony from the second floor. They even go scuba diving and cut their own throat and have BBQs in bathrooms as well as slipping and banging their heads. Hey they also electrocute themselves through walls that are connected to earth that would throw any fuse 100 KM away (fact). Hey guess what they do it 3 to 5 times a day. Maybe you are just lucky>> for now.

London suicide rate aint nothing like this mate.

London? The worst that can happen is a gent gets a bit dizzy after tea and falls and breaks his opera glasses...

And yes, of course there are higher numbers in a home country and so, you would figure by percent... I would also say that based on the vacation activities of the "victims" that I would expect far more "accidents" then already happen. If you read into most stories, they involve alcohol, drunken fights and occur between 2-5 am.... and I did not say that "here they are gunned down everyday" but from the headlines I see in USA... not here. Given what goes on in Pattaya and Patong, I really would expect more people to be having difficulties... and 3 to 5X a day, that sounds way high from what I see on the news here, Sunshine... And I ain't your mate. Where I come from, we are friends with our friends and mate with our spouses... 

ps - And yes, thanks. i have been lucky. 

Edited by kenk24

On May 2, 2560 BE at 5:26 PM, impulse said:

Go to MBK (or any market for that matter) and see what happens when someone finds a way to make some money and the word gets out.

And that's why I wish they'd investigate these mysterious deaths a little more thoroughly.

I say mysterious because there were no witnesses, and apparently no investigation before ruling out foul play.

I would have thought that he might have left a note... that might have exonerated anyone else. Though, maybe he was so distraught that he didn't care anymore. I wonder if anyone who knew him will come forward... but maybe in hoping for a note, I am expecting him to be like all of the literary types we have on TVF...