Biggest Discount you ever got in Thailand

Rc2702

What's the biggest or best discount you ever got in Thailand?

Maybe you spotted a guy just leaving LOS and you took advantage.

Maybe you tried your luck with a wily Thai and struck gold much to your disbelief 

Whatever you did and be sure to tell us how you did it. Please feel free to gloat on your great saving right here.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I personally never care about getting some discount in LoS. Never look for one. never buy those discount cards either from bars.....Never bargain either...

It's soooo cheap that i really don't need, I'm rather very generous in tip and so.....

Just now, Los Luver said:

I personally never care about getting some discount in LoS. Never look for one. never buy those discount cards either from bars.....Never bargain either...

It's soooo cheap that i really don't need, I'm rather very generous in tip and so.....

Fair play but if you cash to burn you could at least buy your Mrs some clothes luver boy

18 hours ago, giddyup said:

100,000 baht off the price of a new Mitsu Triton.

Actual cash discount not freebies to the value of? If cash discount how you manage it. Why you get it you think?

3 minutes ago, BigKahuna said:

600 free pavers

$100 for a bbq that retails for $1000

1000 baht for a room that sells for 3000 baht

How many m2 of paving stones is that?

How you manage such generous discounts? You a good customer was it via the same vendor?

Good 2nd hand. Minimal use. Bargains galore online including free stuff.

$70 for 2 sofa chairs worth $1000 new was another. Hardly used.

Free garden rocks

You can buy gym sets at 90% discounts as well.

we pay now 18.500 THB rent, the last person who rented this house payed 30.000 THB. 
When we looked at this place (which had been empty for 6 months) we told her our budget (between 15 and 18k) and we probably would rent it more than one year. They tried first 25k, then 22K but I told them I was not planning to pay more for this house (I really liked the place but enough is enough). That was on Wednesday. On Saturday I got a phonecall if we still were interested. Yes, but for 18K. On Sunday we signed the contract. 500 THB extra only because of Bungalowpark maintenance. So far we did not regret our decission. 

6 minutes ago, tonboy said:

we pay now 18.500 THB rent, the last person who rented this house payed 30.000 THB. 
When we looked at this place (which had been empty for 6 months) we told her our budget (between 15 and 18k) and we probably would rent it more than one year. They tried first 25k, then 22K but I told them I was not planning to pay more for this house (I really liked the place but enough is enough). That was on Wednesday. On Saturday I got a phonecall if we still were interested. Yes, but for 18K. On Sunday we signed the contract. 500 THB extra only because of Bungalowpark maintenance. So far we did not regret our decission. 

Good bargaining. Knowing it was empty for 6 months gave you the edge. They either drop the price or risk many more empty months. Knowledge is key when bargaining.

16 minutes ago, BigKahuna said:

Good bargaining. Knowing it was empty for 6 months gave you the edge. They either drop the price or risk many more empty months. Knowledge is key when bargaining.

with these kind of "purchases" I like to be prepared. I knew also that in this park there where 18 more houses for rent at that moment. Some bigger, with smaller garden (not ideal for my dog), some same size but for away in a street. This one is on a corner, 20 meters away from a park. And a bigger garden. Could not be more ideal. We actually saw many houses in CM, even one brand new for 9000 baht a month, but no airco and no furniture. Seems like a good deal, untill I heard what aircon for three rooms costs in Thailand. More expensive than in Holland. No way.

1 hour ago, BigKahuna said:

Good 2nd hand. Minimal use. Bargains galore online including free stuff.

$70 for 2 sofa chairs worth $1000 new was another. Hardly used.

Free garden rocks

You can buy gym sets at 90% discounts as well.

On kaidee? Where's this treasure your finding?

22 hours ago, Los Luver said:

Spoken like a true 2 week millionaire. Bless you.:smile:

19 minutes ago, swissie said:

Spoken like a true 2 week millionaire. Bless you.:smile:

All been there gotta start somewhere I vaguely recall my 1st trip to Thailand and I blew £7k in a month and no I did not need any lovely thai women to help me spend it.

11 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Actual cash discount not freebies to the value of? If cash discount how you manage it. Why you get it you think?

100,000 baht cash discount on the 2014 run-out model Triton, plus a heap of freebies..

9 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

It was a one-off and they're long gone !!

Oh, and they were lousy too !! Aussie baked beans ?

Since when does tinned food taste great? With all the great fresh fruit not sure why you would want to eat cheap tinned food.

Since when does tinned food taste great? With all the great fresh fruit not sure why you would want to eat cheap tinned food.

I do eat plenty of fresh fruit, banana, orange, som oh etc but once in a while it's nice to break tradition and eat some good old stodge !