90 Day report. 1 Day late. How much fine?

1 hour ago, abab said:

And what if I do not report during 1 year until the next visa ? I have no intention to meet these troublesome people more than once a year and I don't mind paying.

2000 baht fine x 4 = only 8000/year ? Still cheaper than Elite !

Errrr- because if they see you can't be bothered to follow the rules and treat them with contempt they can turn down your next extension.

Never p1ss off Immigration Officials if you want to stay here long term- they can mess you around from dawn til dusk.

Staying under the radar and follow the rules is the key to a long, hassle-free stay here.

21 minutes ago, notamember said:

Does anyone else have days when they wished only Ubonjoe was allowed to post?

i bet he does............

Why- he is not ALWAYS correct (he is most of the time though).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanukjim said:

If you are worried about the small amount of the fine then you must be a bxm on short rations.

...don't make assumptions ...  why not get it done on time and not worry about it.. <removed>..

Edited by ubonjoe
Inflammatory comment removed

When asking at the immigration department, I have always been told there is a 7 day grace period granted after the reporting date , but after that 7 days it is 1500 baht fine for the first period missed and another 1500 baht for the second period missed and another 1500 baht for the 3 period missed within the one year period and maximum 5000 baht fine for the whole year while you can just miss it for the whole year and pay that maximum fine.

Some miss it without any worry.... but most do not and make arrangements to accommodate the rule.

Meantime, the immigration officials like it when you miss the reporting dates as they get some more "Pay the Fine" money out of the Farang...lol  

Cheers

Edited by gemguy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, HarrySeaman said:

You can go in up to 6 weeks early.  Easy to do and avoids problems with overstay.

You're talking about renewing an extension. There is no overstay if you're late with a 90 day report. 

6 hours ago, gamini said:

not always. If you present yourself nicely and talk pleasantly and explain that you forgot they maybe will overlook it and not fine you. that's what happened to me a couple of times

That would have been possible since Monday was a holiday, but I suspect he's gonna be nine  or more days past the reporting date before he gets to Immigration, and they won't buy that. Happened to me a couple of reporting periods ago and I avoided the fine because Immigration (Nakhon Sawan) had been closed for a couple of days.

2 hours ago, Psimbo said:

There is some value to allowing people to share their experiences since reports from different immigrations offices or border crossings can be valuable, but agree that when someone posts something that is absolutely wrong or irrelevant in this forum, it should be deleted.  Most questions asked have fairly straight forward answers, but by the time you slog through all the nonsense that some people post in these threads, it's just adding to the confusion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HarrySeaman said:

You can go in up to 6 weeks early

Absolute rubbish. You're saying you can report 42 days before the due date. It's 15 days. Although I have heard you can go in up to 12 weeks early. :cheesy:

Hi, been there and got a little sermon about my timing but no fine! He said IF i was late ONE day more that he has to fine me. Maybe i am just lucky or the man made a mistake, i don't know. Didn't had the feeling to discuss the matter with him ... 

Ps. Was crowded there, 40 people ahead of me in the 90 day reporting que.

Edited by Jack Mountain

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Buy a calendar ,mark important dates,place  it where you can see it

every morning, it will pay for itself,and dont forget to fill in new 90 day

as soon as you return home.job done.

regards worgeordie

I make a habit of plugging these things into my email calendar ASAP, that way I get an email reminder.

If you use Google Mail and have an Android smart phone, you will probably be aggravated by them all!

12 hours ago, Psimbo said:

with one or two notable exceptions i would trust Ubonjoe's analysis above all the other noise on here.

he should have his own section-Ask Ubon.

16 hours ago, abab said:

And what if I do not report during 1 year until the next visa ? I have no intention to meet these troublesome people more than once a year and I don't mind paying.

2000 baht fine x 4 = only 8000/year ? Still cheaper than Elite !

it´s not 4x 2000thb it is only 1x 2000 thb, but if you leave the countr you are safe