Trump struggles to win over moderate Republicans on healthcare overhaul

webfact

Donald Trump just can’t seem to keep his fat lips shut. First it was a national problem, but soon enough it will be a international problem.

The arrogant and hot-headed president just took a stand against the United Nations on Twitter. Yes, Donald Trump just insulted the very organization that promotes international co-operation. What good can come out of this?

http://movingleft.com/236/236trump-just-got-beat-down-by-un-on-twitter5-05/

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/6/2017 at 10:21 AM, ilostmypassword said:

What a punk way of avoiding the issue. With Trump's support the House passed a bill that massively violates his promises. And the best you can do is to assert that he would get the blame no matter what. So I guess that's your justification for his support of this awful bill?

LOL. I was replying to your statement So if the system does melt down, the Republicans will still get the blame. 

If you want to make it about something else, OTY, but don't expect me to try and justify it.

12 hours ago, Skywalker69 said:

Donald Trump just can’t seem to keep his fat lips shut. First it was a national problem, but soon enough it will be a international problem.

The arrogant and hot-headed president just took a stand against the United Nations on Twitter. Yes, Donald Trump just insulted the very organization that promotes international co-operation. What good can come out of this?

http://movingleft.com/236/236trump-just-got-beat-down-by-un-on-twitter5-05/

:offtopic:

2 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

With health care reform and massive tax cuts with huge reduction in government, Trump will go down as one of the great presidents. 

He will join Nixon as one of those great presidents or be impeached, whichever comes first 

3 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

With health care reform and massive tax cuts with huge reduction in government, Trump will go down as one of the great presidents. 

Obama will be remembered as a speed bump. 

It is disturbing how detached from reality people can be.

4 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Greatest con man president, more like. 

4 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

"Healthcare reform"

The GOP bill is to healthcare reform like dropping an atomic bomb is to urban renewal.

2 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

"Healthcare reform"

The GOP bill is to healthcare reform like dropping an atomic bomb is to urban renewal.

Yes, and the first iteration had 17 percent public support. No polls (or budget scoring) on the outrage that did pass the house. 

30 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

It is disturbing how detached from reality people can be.

Willful ignorance I suspect.

If they knew only a fraction of how this guy has so despicably conducted himself in the past, they would choke.

But fortunately, they are in the minority.

Some do know, but simply don't care. Go figure...

And then there are folks like these: ( and the numbers are growing among the hoodwinked )

http://www.inquisitr.com/4071502/trump-regretters-number-of-people-who-regret-voting-for-donald-is-increasing/

1.png

2.png

Edited by iReason

The Senate Just Slammed The Brakes On Trumpcare

Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO) announced that the Senate will wait for the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) to score the new healthcare bill before voting on it. Last week, the House of Representatives voted to repeal and replace Obamacare without an updated CBO score.

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/05/07/senate-just-slammed-brakes-trumpcare/

1 minute ago, Skywalker69 said:

Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO) announced that the Senate will wait for the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) to score the new healthcare bill before voting on it.

A glimmer of common sense and logic at last.

1 minute ago, Skywalker69 said:

Trump voters lament deportation of their neighbor

A Sunday “60 Minutes” report detailed the story of Roberto Beristain, an immigrant deported to Mexico after being in the U.S. for nearly 20 years.

http://thehill.com/latino/332316-trump-voters-lament-deportation-their-neighbor#.WQ__pW6aR94.facebook

Be careful who you vote for. Too late now. 

Tom Price: “Cutting $880 billion From Medicaid Budjet Will Benefit Patients”

Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price told CNN host Jake Tapper Sunday morning that although the Congressional Budget Office estimates an $880 billion cut for Medicaid, states will be able to “tailor” the coverage to better meet the needs of its recipients.

http://dcpols.com/tom-price-cutting-medicaid-will-benefit-patients/

8 minutes ago, Skywalker69 said:

Tom Price: “Cutting $880 billion From Medicaid Budjet Will Benefit Patients”

Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price told CNN host Jake Tapper Sunday morning that although the Congressional Budget Office estimates an $880 billion cut for Medicaid, states will be able to “tailor” the coverage to better meet the needs of its recipients.

http://dcpols.com/tom-price-cutting-medicaid-will-benefit-patients/

Reminds me of another fascist regime in history. Don't just tell lies. Tell really BIG lies. Over and over. 

Most Americans already get what trumpcare really means ... mass murder of the poor, old, and sick mixed with mass bankruptcies.

Their excuse that the ACA is imploding has a grain of truth because the republican party has been working very hard to MAKE it implode.

The humane solution is to support ACA, tweak it first, stop actively working to destroy it, and look to the inevitable civilized future, the ONLY way to control costs and provide full access ... UNIVERSAL. 

Edited by Jingthing

4 hours ago, iReason said:

Willful ignorance I suspect.

If they knew only a fraction of how this guy has so despicably conducted himself in the past, they would choke.

But fortunately, they are in the minority.

Some do know, but simply don't care. Go figure...

And then there are folks like these: ( and the numbers are growing among the hoodwinked )

http://www.inquisitr.com/4071502/trump-regretters-number-of-people-who-regret-voting-for-donald-is-increasing/

1.png

2.png

4 hours ago, iReason said:

2.png

Don't know what all the hysteria is about. It was one of his biggest campaign promises, so why are so many acting as if it's a big surprise?

This thread has become yet another anti Trump whinefest, so I'm not going to be on here any more, but my silence does not mean I agree with anything said by the opposition.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No matter how bad he was/ is/ and shall be, as long as she was the only alternative it is no surprise to me that most states voted for him. Choice between 2 very bad candidates and the least bad won.

Anyway, he did win, and he is the president, no matter how much some whine about it.

You mean if Clinton were elected she would  be attempting to deprive more than 24 million Americans of health care? She would be trying to get more than 1 trillion in tax breaks for the rich?  She would have appointed a Supreme Court justice even more hostile to workers than Neil Gorsuch?

will say this though, there is the possibility that given her friendliness to Wall Street, she would have given lots of cabinet and subcabinet level positions in her administration to Goldman Sachs people.  Maybe even put her unqualified daughter and son-in-law into an important policy position. So I guess we're lucky that Trump was elected after all.

Edited by ilostmypassword

36 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

This thread has become yet another anti Trump whinefest, so I'm not going to be on here any more, but my silence does not mean I agree with anything said by the opposition.

No, but your silence is totally welcome. Thank you for letting us know how easy it is to ensure we are not subject any more to the comments of people who try and defend this liar.

57 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Don't know what all the hysteria is about. It was one of his biggest campaign promises, so why are so many acting as if it's a big surprise?

Just as your posts never refuted anything said by the opposition.

Edited by ilostmypassword