Queen's most senior aides 'call ALL royal staff into emergency meeting at Buckingham Palace'

webfact

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Depends what you want to pay, a UK doc private aint cheap, but you can go elsewhere in Europe and pay and get it done cheaper. Regarding Isaan i wasn't talking about the quality of service but the quickness that you can get treated at a reasonable price (not talking about BKK hospital or Bumrungrad obviously). It is pointless arguing due to patriotic reasons, apparently the quality of service in the UK depends on your postcode,you can be lucky or unlucky

One can go else where in EU and get proper care at no charge.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am Not an Expat, I live in the Uk , and Holiday in Thailand,  Lucky enough to have a house in both Countries,   Thai stepson is in the Thai Army, He is in the close protection unit for the future king. The wife is ex police, So if need be can get strings pulled. Yes Britain has done well, paying for Europe's security since 1947, and  even today meeting the 2% of gdp for defence as required by nato, Something that most European Countries have never done, Germany France, Spain, Italy, Denmark Sweden, Norway, Belgium. Holland. the list goes on , thats why Britain is broke. British people make  the biggest contributions to charity than any other Country in the world, You are right We should look after our own first,

The "future King"? That's quite a leap!

16 hours ago, transam said:

I would suggest that the UK still has it's status up there..It has many things still in place that many countries envy, the USA certainly envies the UK's national health service for one, plus a small country always available to help out in military stuff if it thinks right....

Even the EU are worried because they will not get mega cash from a small country...

At least UK folk did not murder their monarchy, they respect and want to retain it as part of our culture, heritage that got us where we are today...

As one that worked in the NHS for 10 years and had a major operation in one of the hospitals, I doubt the fact is envied by anyone, though the theory is great. Outpatient service is acceptable,  but it all falls apart when admitted. The ward I stayed on was filthy, and the staff were not the best ( to be kind ).

At least UK folk did not murder their monarchy,

Think you forget about Charles 1.

To address the OP, big anti climax that it was only Philip retiring. IMO he should have retired about 20 years ago. Would have saved a lot of embarrassment for the royals.

13 hours ago, dogpatch55 said:

Time we got  rid of the lot of them!!   And the house of  Lords!!

Would you rather have an elected head of state? The politicians are costing enough already without yet another circus like in the USA.

I like that the Queen is head of state for NZ because she doesn't cost any money to elect and stays out of our internal affairs. 

Edited by thaibeachlovers

I find it hard to think that the Duke will just go and put his feet up...

I am sure he will be doing some Royal duties, could not see him missing laying his wreath at the Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday, the question is how long can the queen continue to do so many public engagements, particularly those where she has to walk or stand a lot???

I have visions of a pair of Her and His Mobility scooters whizing around Buck House, time to dig her mothers golf buggy out of moth balls, or maybe something more dignified with a coachman standing up and driving it from the back.

Yes Yes I meant Great Britain, the islands, not just England, or  the UK,   but alas my old brain  had  a seior pause as I was typing,

thanks for pointing out my error  on the subject.  I guess with  Ireland  or  at  least half of it wanting to stay with the EU

and  with Scotland wanting to separate and become its own country, Maybe  the  word  England is  appropriate.

Geezer

On 5/5/2560 at 4:33 PM, Thongkorn said:

If Britain is broke there is not much hope for the rest of the world,

Britain broke!!!! Britain is far from broke. It is awash with money. The rich are fabulously so while the poor are not poor at all by world standards. The Queen owns massive chunks of Canada (I don't see any of that wealth filtering down). The USA is owned by the royals.

There are multiple reasons why its people should be better off though. Here's a couple.

Our manufacturing was replaced by unregulated financial services.

Our bill to the shareholders of the BoE is 55 Billion pounds a year.

Our natural resources have been squandered away.

The failure (deliberate) of governments to get to grips with corporation tax evasion.

Enough!!!!!!!!!!!! Chill pill time.

Sorry guys; couldn't resist. Scotland!!! Fifty percent of Scotland is owned by just a handful of people.

Edited by owl sees all
spelling error

On 6/5/2560 at 8:27 AM, Syduan said:

No , there's much  more. 

Yes indeed there is!!

I urge all you bloggers to check out the disappearance of 21 kids on a picnic with Phillip and Liz in Canada.

The truth is out there. Seek and you will find!!

Edited by owl sees all
spelling error

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

I urge all you bloggers to check out the disappearance of 21 kids on a picnic with Phillip and Liz in Canada.

Sorry guys. It was 10 missing kids not 21.