DNA Paternity(father) during 1st Tri-mester?

A post trying to continue prior bickering has been removed. Any further, from either party, may lead to suspension of posting rights.

Pre-natal paternity testing is possible from the 8th week of pregnancy onward and safe, but expensive. In addition, because it is very new and the few studies done on its accuracy involved small sample sizes, the exact risk of false negative result is not really known.

I am not clear if there are any reputable Thai hospitals which do this. I would caution against mail order type things and small labs/clinics. It is a very complex test to perform and only a few very large and well equipped labs would be able t perform it.

In any event it appears the woman is refusing paternity testing so its availability is irrelevant.

I very, very much doubt her refusal has to do with loss of face. Almost certainly she either (1) is not really pregnant  -- a very common scam here, or (2) knows or suspects you are not the father. Also common here.

On 5/4/2017 at 6:58 PM, BruceMangosteen said:

Sorry to break the news to you, but this goes on each and every day, night and day, all night and all day. The myth of condom use is yet another subject most likely too difficult for members here to have an intelligent mature discussion about. God Bless You and OO.

Someone who has unprotected sex with a Thai prostitute he just met isn't exactly the person "to have an intelligent mature discussion."

10 hours ago, HerbalEd said:

Someone who has unprotected sex with a Thai prostitute he just met isn't exactly the person "to have an intelligent mature discussion."

Likewise, neither is someone who invokes the blessings of an imaginary wizard in the sky with every post, with little understanding of the words "irony" and "hypocrisy" as he admits to sex outside of marriage and is considering the taking of an unborn life.

As I feared, mature intelligent discussion not possible. Thanks to Sheryl and a few others who kept things civil. I think we've established that pre-natal DNA testing, non invasive, isn't readily available in Thailand which was the important question. God Bless those willing to accept other people. OO.

2 minutes ago, BruceMangosteen said:

As I feared, mature intelligent discussion not possible. Thanks to Sheryl and a few others who kept things civil. I think we've established that pre-natal DNA testing, non invasive, isn't readily available in Thailand which was the important question. God Bless those willing to accept other people. OO.

...and again Mr Mangosteem..God bless you

...but if you put into google exactly what you are looking for  ie  'pre natal DNA testing India'  I am sure  there are testing there at afforable prices, especially the southern cities  ie 'prenatal DNA testing Chennai'

It is hard especially in Thailand to deny pleasures of the flesh, I agree,but as I travel through soi6, valley of death I say 'get thee behind me Satan:....and it works ..I do

21 minutes ago, teddog said:

...and again Mr Mangosteem..God bless you

...but if you put into google exactly what you are looking for  ie  'pre natal DNA testing India'  I am sure  there are testing there at afforable prices, especially the southern cities  ie 'prenatal DNA testing Chennai'

It is hard especially in Thailand to deny pleasures of the flesh, I agree,but as I travel through soi6, valley of death I say 'get thee behind me Satan:....and it works ..I do

I don't plan to fly to Chennai with a much younger Thai lady in tow for this purpose. Thanks for the suggestion. I doubt I'd have any more faith in the commercial "medical" services there than I do here in Thailand. Chennai looks boring otherwise as well. No waterfalls or temples or Disney parks. As for Soi 6, an occasional ride down same yields some very stunning sights. I get the sense of again a very commercial aspect to it all. The context of my inquiry however involves a real relationship, not to be confused with that "short time" area, if that makes sense? God Bless You mate and OO.

If it is a prostitute, you have nothing to worry about. Fortunately, Thailand does not provide child support laws for children born outside of marriage, in an effort to strenghten families. She's on her own. If she asks money, it is entirely up to you whether you want to be "jai dee" and help or, or tell her to shove it where I'm thinking. In any case, nobody can force you to pay.

Edited by Sheryl
Discussion of illegal activity - and off topic at that - has been removed by Moderator.

7 hours ago, SiamBeast said:

If it is a prostitute, you have nothing to worry about. Fortunately, Thailand does not provide child support laws for children born outside of marriage, in an effort to strenghten families. She's on her own. If she asks money, it is entirely up to you whether you want to be "jai dee" and help or, or tell her to shove it where I'm thinking. In any case, nobody can force you to pay.

The fact you aren't married to her doesn't equate to her being a prostitute. However, in an instance where, well never mind. Thanks for your civil post, quite a pleasure to read vs. some of the other childlike remarks. Her last sms said "consult police" and "tell work you" so the matter has evolved to something less than mature adults discussing options. God Bless You and OO.

Edited by Sheryl
quited post edited to remove refernec to illegality

It is not exactly accurate to say that Thailand has no child support laws for children born out of wedlock.

The legal framework allows an unmarried mother to file a paternity case against the alleged father. To my understanding it has to be a two step process - first paternity has to be established by court order  (for which the court will require DNA testing)  and then the mother has to bring suit for child support is she has been unable to reach a mutually acceptable agreement with the now-proven father.

Whether a woman is willing and able to go through these processes  is another matter.

If she goes to the police at this stage they are going to tell her she has to wait until she gives birth, then file a paternity case.

However I would hope that the OP would feel a moral obligation in the event the child - if there is a child -- is  his and that it would not need court action.

As the woman can't in any case force him to pay without getting a paternity test, and if he has indicated willingness to at least discuss matters with her if testing proves he is the father, then refusal by her to have such a test is most suspicious.

Until such a time as she gives birth or is at least visibly pregnant to the naked eye (or he physically accompanies her to an ultrasound) there is no reason to assume  she is really pregnant.

And if pregnant, until there is a paternity test, no reason to assume it is his.

Maybe she is and it is -- but maybe she isn't or it isn't.

If she is being truthful one would expect her to be clamoring for a test. Last indication was she was refusing to even discuss a test.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

It is not exactly accurate to say that Thailand has no child support laws for children born out of wedlock.

The legal framework allows an unmarried mother to file a paternity case against the alleged father. 

Should we understand that these actions can be taken against a foreigner, alleging he is the father, him being forced to submit to a DNA test administered by Thai people, upon a result determining he is the father, an order of child support? Seems strange Thailand could enforce such a thing against as I say, a non citizen. God Bless You and OO.

If I'm not mistaken abortion is legal up to week 12 in Thailand so being able to safely know who's child it is prior to that offers valuable data in making the right choice in life.  This choice is up to the woman mostly but also both parents and maybe even an interested man.   

Many seem to just assume it's best to have the baby and then sort things out.   I just wish there was a way to see how much money those of that opinion have devoted to a child raising, education fund.  I say with all the pro life people all children should be guaranteed everything they need for the first 21 years in life.  But I don't see any support after the baby sees the light of day. 

9 hours ago, Elkski said:

If I'm not mistaken abortion is legal up to week 12 in Thailand so being able to safely know who's child it is prior to that offers valuable data in making the right choice in life.  This choice is up to the woman mostly but also both parents and maybe even an interested man.   

Many seem to just assume it's best to have the baby and then sort things out.   I just wish there was a way to see how much money those of that opinion have devoted to a child raising, education fund.  I say with all the pro life people all children should be guaranteed everything they need for the first 21 years in life.  But I don't see any support after the baby sees the light of day. 

This is not a correct description of abortion laws in Thailand. It is not  legal on demand at any gestation, only under specific conditions. See the pinned thread which explains this.

However nothing posted by the OP  suggests this woman -- if she is in fact pregnant - is willing to consider abortion. It sounds quite the contrary.

10 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Should we understand that these actions can be taken against a foreigner, alleging he is the father, him being forced to submit to a DNA test administered by Thai people, upon a result determining he is the father, an order of child support? Seems strange Thailand could enforce such a thing against as I say, a non citizen. God Bless You and OO.

In every country -- including I am quite sure the one you are a national -- foreigners living in the country are equally subject to the law, unless they have diplomatic immunity.

Of course if you are living in Thailand, you have to obey Thai law and will face legal penalties if you do not.

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Of course if you are living in Thailand, you have to obey Thai law and will face legal penalties if you do not.

I'm not clear about which "legal penalties" one would face for refusing to provide a blood sample for a Thai court to establish/rule out a parental status. I'll leave that to the courts however. I'm almost sure a foreigner could leave the country as such a charge by a woman would not IMHO trigger an arrest or flagging of his passport. God Bless You and OO. 

19 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

I'm not clear about which "legal penalties" one would face for refusing to provide a blood sample for a Thai court to establish/rule out a parental status. I'll leave that to the courts however. I'm almost sure a foreigner could leave the country as such a charge by a woman would not IMHO trigger an arrest or flagging of his passport. God Bless You and OO. 

Good Day brother and God bless you.  Eventually, the last thing you want is a situation that in a darkened room the only semblance of another person in the room is a pair of eyeballs staring at you.

Yes been in this situation before brother,India,lived there before emerging in Thailand,I was passed around like a piece of meat,white meat for sure but just a plaything for hi-so Hindu women, even had husbands wanting to watch their women folk having sex, bit  bizarre really,but that is how they play the game, was told what to expect beforehand. yes I'm pregnant cries..sod 'em,  that's why I'm here

Anyway bro  after recently being over there for enlarged prostate op .now needing a Meatal Dilatation op to widen the cock after strangulation through piping exercise, I'm off in a few mins to get relief

Anyway bro, God Bless You,... and at out weekly prayer meetings I sure will pray for you... good luck and again  God Bless