Don’t vote for the same ‘bad people’ next time: Prayut

By The Nation

cd12309e6542506dcd2df8a80b28b82c.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha urged voters on Friday to “elect new people” if they wanted to see changes and reforms take place in the country.

He asked them to avoid voting for “bad people” in the next general election, which he said would take place in accordance with the government’s road map to democracy.

“What worries me is that voters will vote for the same people they did before. I don’t know why. If we want to create a better society as well as changes and reforms to the country, we need to vote for new people,” General Prayut said.

“You don’t need to favour me. Just pick whatever choice that is not the same old problematic people. You don’t have to love me. Love your country. Don’t hate me. I work for the country. Actually, you may hate me but do not hate your country,” he added.

The prime minister was making a keynote speech at Mahidol University on the roles of Thai universities and the government policy of “Thailand 4.0”.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30314325

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-05

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not bad coming from someone who's not elected and never will be , although we must acknowledge that Thai politics' is a basket case, it's the devil U do the devil U don't , or catch 22,  you vote U end up with another Coup , it's the political  standards that R low , not the voters.......................................:coffee1:

Would the "good" people be the ones who sabotage elections, pass dictatorial laws, and have a visceral disgust of the general public that they are barely able to hide? If so, it's hard to imagine what the bad ones must be like.

Majority of electorate really care less for politics and will vote for the party that will deliver programs that will help them to improve their income, health, education and living standard. Prayut demonizing his opponents is expected and really counter productive and few will listen to a general who seized power and has no credibility in keeping promises. 

"I work for the country. Actually, you may hate me but do not hate your country"

Don't worry. No Thai is going to hate Thailand. And that's the problem. What does it mean to love or hate your county? 

For me, criticising your country and trying to make it fairer and better means you love your country and your fellow citizens. 

The more broadly accepted definition is never criticising your country and therefore never developing as a nation. Anyone can stand in front of a flag and sing a song. It's not hard and it doesn't change anything. Speaking up and fighting for complete strangers because they're disenfranchised is real love and has real meaning. 

Well at long last he knows? The word hate is a bit strong I would have used dislike me, much nicer, shows a lack of stuff between the ears. Ear wax is a problem sometimes I have to go to doctor and he gets out a big road type drill to try and clear it. So that must be why the subs have been purchased Ear Wax Problem

2 hours ago, chainarong said:

Not bad coming from someone who's not elected and never will be , although we must acknowledge that Thai politics' is a basket case, it's the devil U do the devil U don't , or catch 22,  you vote U end up with another Coup , it's the political  standards that R low , not the voters.......................................:coffee1:

Come on, he was the most handsome boy at school. If on the ballot, he will have a sweeping victory.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

don't just leave it at that, you should define what the 'good people' are. Like capable, ethical, honest, diligent, intelligent, etc...., oh, I see, ahem sorry...

Definition by Prayut of 'bad' people is pretty straightforward - Thaksin regime, anti junta activists and academics, human rights activists, reporters, corruption activists probing military corruption and basically all those who are not with the junta.