DON'T INSOLE-T US! Man photo shames ‘disrespectful’ tourist for putting her bare feet on a headrest during a ferry trip

rooster59

14 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He captioned the image: “People should be more respectful when they are visitors to other people’s countries.”

I agree 100% whenever I use the crosswalk I always say before crossing "Please do not kill me" and then run. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, samsensam said:

i had to help an elderly thai lady cross the road the other day, in a pedestrian area with slow moving traffic, because non of drivers would slow down and stop to allow her to cross safely.

when i'm on the bus and an elderly person or pregnant woman needs a seat guess who is the first to offer theirs? here's a clue, it's not a local.

someone needs to point out to these 'disgusted of tunbridge wells' netizens that good manners begin at home.

or... take the plank out of your own eye.

Way to go Sir Galihad put your feet up and have a beer just be careful about positioning. You have done yeoman service. 

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Speaking about disrespectful today i saw a huge size carbage truck speeding with 110 km an hour on the sukumvit road with 3 garbage collectors boy sitting on the top roof truck atleast 4 meter above the ground.i tried to overtake him and to confront him about his disrespect for his coworkers their lives but he never let me pass and even more accelerated.So stop wining about some lady her feet as lives here not matter as well!

Many thanks from the "All lives matter" movement. 

3 hours ago, Mobileroadie said:

Man <deleted> Thai's!!! They're quick to tell us about what's rude and unacceptable in their culture but, what about some of the crazy and outlandish shit they say and do to us???!!! Yelling out to you while riding around, laughing at you for no good reason, talking shit about you in Thai, and just being plane uneducatedly disrespectful in gen including their dumb ass children... Bitch please!!! But this gal has a great pair of legs ???

I guess that is why all coins have 2 sides. 

24 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Way to go Sir Galihad put your feet up and have a beer just be careful about positioning. You have done yeoman service. 

Put your feet up and have a beer just be careful about positioning

A like just does not hack it

14 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

How do they expect westerners who most have no respect for other people or their own culture, to show respect for other people`s culture?

Anti social behaviour is rampant in Farangland. Impossible to name and shame them, because to them it`s just more likes on facebook. One good reason I got out of Farangland where the societies have gone to pot.

I think you forgot to take your meds this morning

I guess most of you do not know that in Thai culture, your foot is the lowest part of your body  and should stay on or near the floor.

Seeing people who are in a foreign country do this kind iof activity just shows how ignorant they are.  I do not care if they are the

best looking person in the world,  they are ignorant, and are acting stupid in a foreign country, Shame on them! 

Also shame on the people who take this kind of thing lightly as well, as this is how the ignorance continues,  It is called having

a slack attitude.   People can still read books,  or  ebooks, or talk to the travel agents  and get information, excuses of not knowing

is simply that  Excuses.

Geezer

“People should be more respectful when they are visitors to other people’s countries.”

I agree, although perhaps the tourists too should be treated with a level of respect and hospitality.

That went out of the window a few years back.

20 hours ago, tgeezer said:

Someome should tell her to put her feet on the floor, it's as simple as that.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

correct ... the on site supervisor or stewardess should kindly inform her that it is not appropriate to have her feet on the headrest so please remove them.

She is a dummy ,   but they exist the world over ....

4 hours ago, fruitman said:

At Tokyo airport everthing was perfect and organised untill we came at our gate from Thai Air to BKK...They ALL put their feet on the chairs and let their kids run around like wild puppies.

Japanese are well educated and polite  ... 

23 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

How do they expect westerners who most have no respect for other people or their own culture, to show respect for other people`s culture?

Anti social behaviour is rampant in Farangland. Impossible to name and shame them, because to them it`s just more likes on facebook. One good reason I got out of Farangland where the societies have gone to pot.

Too true... a crumbling society. I hate to think what it'll be like there in 10, 15, 20 years from now. 

I'm glad I grew up in the 70s and 80s. 

People have, in general, become an extremely nosy and intrusive bunch ever since they discovered their mobile phone's camera and social media.

Everything is an opportunity now to post a stupid pic and a rant on FB and see if others agree with you. This desperation for validation should have some sort of medical name by now….cos its a disease.

White legs matter!

On 5/6/2017 at 10:47 AM, smedly said:

I am wondering how many people can post pictures or news items of Thais doing disrespectful things, being Thai and in Thailand doesn't mean you can just do what you like............lead by example and treat your tourist visitor (who enrich Thailand with trillions) with the respect they deserve (in most cases)

I see G7 flags inc my own adorning the heads, chest, arrses, feet or handbags of locals daily ?

Edited by evadgib

8 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I guess most of you do not know that in Thai culture, your foot is the lowest part of your body  and should stay on or near the floor.

Seeing people who are in a foreign country do this kind iof activity just shows how ignorant they are.  I do not care if they are the

best looking person in the world,  they are ignorant, and are acting stupid in a foreign country, Shame on them! 

Also shame on the people who take this kind of thing lightly as well, as this is how the ignorance continues,  It is called having

a slack attitude.   People can still read books,  or  ebooks, or talk to the travel agents  and get information, excuses of not knowing

is simply that  Excuses.

Geezer

Thanks for enlightening me!

Of course I have never heard of the wisdom you spread!

As well, I have never ever touched a child on the head, like so many travel- books tell us!

Maybe you do more of your missionary work and help us to understand the all important Thai- culture and its fragile soul!

9 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

is simply that  Excuses.

Geezer

I would guess most of us here are well aware of this. It's not like it's secret knowledge only the "more Thai than Thai" expats know. 

I don't step on coins or walk over sitting Thai people etc but only because they get aggravated and i don't want to deal with it. I habitually raise my feet high as to get my blood flowing if there is nobody close to smell my feet. It feels good and it's not really hurting anyone. 

4 hours ago, djayz said:

Too true... a crumbling society. I hate to think what it'll be like there in 10, 15, 20 years from now. 

When I attended school in Liverpool in the late 70's there were riots across the city and the country as a whole.

I was at university in Yorkshire during the miners strike of the mid 80's.

I was part of the Poll Tax march that descended into chaos and rioting.

During these events we were told that society was crumbling, that youth/sections of society were out of control. Yet everything survived, moved on and healed.

Every generation has its social divisions and conflicts , however as long as rational heads prevail and the doomsayers are countered, we will survive.

The utter collapse of ukip in last weeks local elections is a sign of this..

correct ... the on site supervisor or stewardess should kindly inform her that it is not appropriate to have her feet on the headrest so please remove them.

She is a dummy ,   but they exist the world over ....

Correct 100%, same old style, say bugger all at the time, don't try to correct anyone, then whinge about it on social media.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 hours ago, djayz said:

We`ve seen the best of it mate. If I was offered a restart my life again button that could make me 20 years old again in these times, I would not take it. I`m really glad I won`t be around in 30 years time to witness the fast decline in our societies. That young woman and others her age will inherit the world once we are gone, they are the future and may God help us.