Police prepared to summon 20 more suspects in child-sex ring

Police prepared to summon 20 more suspects in child-sex ring
By The Nation

0fe64aaddffdebf36f865024c7575407.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Police are preparing to summon at least 20 more suspects in connection with the child-prostitution ring in Mae Hong Son province, a source said on Sunday.

It added that five summonses would be issued very soon, most of them for policemen. 

At present, at least nine policemen have already been dismissed from the service for their alleged roles in the scandal. The results of the ongoing investigation will determine whether they can rejoin the police force. There are also seven civilians being detained over the scandal. 

The same source said an elderly man seen in a picture next to a girl with an owl tattoo on her breasts worked for a cement-delivery firm in Mae Hong Son and, contrary to initial speculation, he was not a senior government official. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30314510

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-08

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The same source said an elderly man seen in a picture next to a girl with an owl tattoo on her breasts worked for a cement-delivery firm in Mae Hong Son and, contrary to initial speculation, he was not a senior government official. 

If the girl with the owl tattoo is underage (as would be imagined with the context of the post) why identify distinguishing marks on her?

As an aside, the tattooist should be seen to as well.

Edited by chrisinth

2 hours ago, webfact said:

At present, at least nine policemen have already been dismissed from the service for their alleged roles in the scandal.

As heinous as this crime was or is, firing somebody for their alleged involvement is a knee jerk reaction lacking in any form of legal review or justice.  Heads are rolling but whose and why ?  It is looking like a witch hunt.

Nine police sacked and seven civilians detained. Why are the nine police not detained? If you can't put them in custody any senior officials dragged in are not going to be worried in the slightest. It's a whitewash folks!

27 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

As heinous as this crime was or is, firing somebody for their alleged involvement is a knee jerk reaction lacking in any form of legal review or justice.  Heads are rolling but whose and why ?  It is looking like a witch hunt.

I have to wonder what your reaction would be if they were transferred to inactive posts instead. IIRC you don't like that measure either.

48 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Nine police sacked and seven civilians detained. Why are the nine police not detained? If you can't put them in custody any senior officials dragged in are not going to be worried in the slightest. It's a whitewash folks!

Because THIS IS THAILAND, and that's how they do it here, why worry

if the worst that can happened is dismissed or move to inactive posts?

this is the Thai government saying to the police force, you're protected,

no matter how serious your misdeeds are....

45 minutes ago, halloween said:

I have to wonder what your reaction would be if they were transferred to inactive posts instead. IIRC you don't like that measure either.

The vast majority should probably be transferred to an inactive post,  but they should NOT be punished for allegedly doing something. 

allegedly:  used to convey that something is claimed to be the case or have taken place, although there is no proof.

You do seem to be an admirer of the current heavy handedness prevailing in "modern" Thailand.  You do not think there should be some evidence accumulated prior the punishment ?

"It added that five summonses would be issued very soon, most of them for policemen."

A summonse didn't do much good in getting "Boss" to report.  I fear this case will take a long time to conclude, if ever.

So many police, including many senior cops, the mind boggles how they didn't realize that their 'enterprise' would eventually attract attention and blow up! 

So what's their average IQ?

Hope the more recent cop entrance exams and assessments finds more intelligent people. 

If all suspects are found guilty, what punishment should they receive by Thai Law as apposed to what actual punishment will they receive?

I'll take a wild guess as to what the convicted, if any, will receive in terms of a punishment., especially if they are Thai.

Is your guess as good as mine?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

4 minutes ago, pentap said:

If all suspects are found guilty, what punishment should they receive by Thai Law as apposed to what actual punishment will they receive?

I'll take a wild guess as to what the convicted, if any, will receive in terms of a punishment., especially if they are Thai.

Is your guess as good as mine?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I think they should be slow roasted over an open fire and then fed to temple tigers (if any still exist):whistling:

Is my guess as good as yours"

3 hours ago, yellowboat said:

The vast majority should probably be transferred to an inactive post,  but they should NOT be punished for allegedly doing something. 

allegedly:  used to convey that something is claimed to be the case or have taken place, although there is no proof.

You do seem to be an admirer of the current heavy handedness prevailing in "modern" Thailand.  You do not think there should be some evidence accumulated prior the punishment ?

" The results of the ongoing investigation will determine whether they can rejoin the police force"  sounds like the local equivalent of suspended without pay or accrual of time in service. Assuming significant evidence of guilt has been found, that seems appropriate for serious criminal activity.

What leads you to claim there is no proof when significant evidence has already been released through the press? More to the point, what leads you to complain about every action of the current government?

1 hour ago, halloween said:

What leads you to claim there is no proof when significant evidence has already been released through the press?

There is evidence just not clear as to who has done what.  Sacking people for allegedly doing something is wrong.  If they are being put on leave pending a investigation, then that is fine. 

1 hour ago, halloween said:

More to the point, what leads you to complain about every action of the current government?

Didn't complain about the bike lanes or the jazzercise every Wednesday.  But after that, there is not that much to be proud of.   

1 minute ago, yellowboat said:

There is evidence just not clear as to who has done what.  Sacking people for allegedly doing something is wrong.  If they are being put on leave pending a investigation, then that is fine. 

Didn't complain about the bike lanes or the jazzercise every Wednesday.  But after that, there is not that much to be proud of.   

I didn't realise you had access to all the available evidence. Could you post it for us?