And it's goodbye from Mobi…

Mobi

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the positive side:

I've registered with a doctor, applied for a free bus pass, got my state pension upgraded…

Settled in nicely at my daughter's place in Oakham…

No worries about expat TV and live streams from the UK etc. I've got so many channels it's difficult to choose. I've watched Spurs play twice live on Sky Sports (Spurs fan for over 60 years) including the 6-1 drubbing of Leicester last night…

On the negative side:

It's been raining ever since I arrived last Saturday. Before that, they were having a drought…

It's not very warm, about 17 degrees tops and dropping to 6 and night, and my feet are cold all the time, despite wearing two pairs of socks…

My box which was airfreighted door to door last Thursday has been stuck in customs at DHL's East Midlands depot since last Sunday, with no news on when it will be released…

It will take a while to adjust to my new life, and I'm taking it one step at a time. One week is not very long in the general scheme of things and I have the whole summer ahead of me. When it stops raining I might go for a walk – something I could only do at sunset in Thailand because it was so bloody hot.

More updates later, and thanks again everyone for your good wishes and caring about what happens to a washed out old codger.

Mobi

WOW, sorry I do not get it. This guy made so many wrong decision.  6 wife's seriously that is mental issues. Poor financial decisions it figures, the 6 wives may be a clue.  It sounds like he needs some major counseling to resolve his issues. Would you be proud if you had a son like him?

On the other hand, I know several guys that are coming here new and establishing roots.  They are in their 60's, virile, have good money, have positive attitudes, and are not getting married.

This guy chose to go back to his country for it sounds like freebies.  Glad many of you support him, but I think you are actually enabling his issues. My best suggestion is he see a psych to figure things out.  Good luck Mr. Modi!

Just now, bkk6060 said:

WOW, sorry I do not get it. This guy made so many wrong decision.  6 wife's seriously that is mental issues. Poor financial decisions it figures, the 6 wives may be a clue.  It sounds like he needs some major counseling to resolve his issues. Would you be proud if you had a son like him?

On the other hand, I know several guys that are coming here new and establishing roots.  They are in their 60's, virile, have good money, have positive attitudes, and are not getting married.

This guy chose to go back to his country for it sounds like freebies.  Glad many of you support him, but I think you are actually enabling his issues. My best suggestion is he see a psych to figure things out.  Good luck Mr. Modi!

Does it really really matter what he did/did not do,  not anyone's business,but his own.  I too want to go back, but stuck here for reasons, this guy (Mobi) has plotted his course, good luck to him

' Freebies'? I pay a hell of a lot of tax in the UK, and I sure will take what is on offer too   Good luck to you mobi

34 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I don't imagine there's much you do get...

I have enough education to realize if someone has major psych issues.  But, if you have the same , unfortunately you won't get it.  You plan on leaving soon also??

3 hours ago, tazly said:

Am I the only one guessing that this guy will be even more of a presence on TV now that he has physically left....helps keep an attachment to the place.

Of course the corollary of this is that we will receive endless England weather updates (cue "another rain thread"), and endless Spurs updates.  Otoh we are unlikely to see any Thai condo discussions, so that will be a positive.

Edited by tazly

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

How do you know that the previous wives did not have the issues.  Also, lots of peopple have financial problems but do not need counselling.

What does your "virile" in the 60s point have to do with anything....are you having doubts?

8 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I have enough education to realize if someone has major psych issues.  But, if you have the same , unfortunately you won't get it.  You plan on leaving soon also??

I also made some hasty comment about the 6 wives but if you reading through the thread you will see he talks about a long time he was in no state to make decisions because of the boozing lifestyle. 
At least he is man enough to admit it unlike some BSers on here.

The guy has lived high and came out the other side, and with alcohol the body can sometimes recover itself.

Good for him.

But the younger guys on here bagging him out, many of them taking all sorts of krap they dont know how it will affect them later.
I suspect some will join the Thailand skydivers club

id say many will be lucky if they even make it to Mobis age.

Viva la Mobi i say!

18 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

You obviously don't get it... Perhaps it would help if you got his name right..... It's MOBI not MODI

15 hours ago, tazly said:

How do you know that the previous wives did not have the issues.  Also, lots of peopple have financial problems but do not need counselling.

What does your "virile" in the 60s point have to do with anything....are you having doubts?

I'm not saying anything about someone I don't know, but if one can't get it right after 3, why would one keep on trying?

Twice was one time too many for me.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm not saying anything about someone I don't know, but if one can't get it right after 3, why would one keep on trying?

Twice was one time too many for me.

In Mobis days you was supposed to marry, as the saying goes  "gotta make the girl honest"

Also id say the time when Mobi was growing up that sex before marriage and children born out of wedlock was a big no-no.

It was a different era.

Maybe he was catholic

From his age he grew up in the 60' s and 70's.  Probably the biggest sexual revolution and most promiscuous times in history. Just living together was probably more common then marriage.

Someone said maybe the girls were the problem?.  Sure, but he was the one making the poor decisions choosing them, over and over again.

With all this he may be a nice guy. Probably too nice. I sure hope Kobi finds his way.

On 5/11/2017 at 11:35 AM, Mobi said:

Do you really want to know every single aspect of my life and finances?

This is exactly what I meant in an earlier post about people jumping to conclusions without being in possession of all the facts. 

I'm not standing for public office... I'm just saying goodbye to Thailand. I think I've been more than open about my personal circumstances, but enough is enough...

If I answer your question, there will undoubtedly be follow-ups and it will go on and on ad nasueum...

But thank you, anyway:smile:

He has a point though, doesn't he. You claimed to be virtually destitute, but not too long ago bought a car for nearly a mil and admit you can afford the financial requirements to get your family to the UK later, which as you said ain't cheap. So you're not really skint at all, are you.

40 minutes ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

He has a point though, doesn't he. You claimed to be virtually destitute, but not too long ago bought a car for nearly a mil and admit you can afford the financial requirements to get your family to the UK later, which as you said ain't cheap. So you're not really skint at all, are you.

He was very cadgey about how he get the car.

I have a thought it was gifted him from family , or he get it cheap by some debt repayment thing or settlement or some such other.

And like many of us older guys, he is smart enough to see the writing in the wall and go before absolutely skint, not hang around till the last baht and have to beg like what seem to be the current trend

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

From his age he grew up in the 60' s and 70's.  Probably the biggest sexual revolution and most promiscuous times in history. Just living together was probably more common then marriage.

Someone said maybe the girls were the problem?.  Sure, but he was the one making the poor decisions choosing them, over and over again.

With all this he may be a nice guy. Probably too nice. I sure hope Kobi finds his way.

Was he at Woodstock....either as a performer, or in the audience? Does he know Grace Slick?

1 hour ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

It's all about perspective. If at one time, you had £1,000,000 in your account and now you are down to £50,000, one might consider it sensible to reconsider ones options.

In Mobi's case, going home before all of the money is spent.

Why do so many here revel in picking the bone's off someone's flesh?

26 minutes ago, tazly said:

Was he at Woodstock....either as a performer, or in the audience? Does he know Grace Slick?

Nope. Altamont. In the audience and helped revive Marty Balin after a Hell's Angel decked him.

3 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Nope. Altamont. In the audience and helped revive Marty Balin after a Hell's Angel decked him.

I think he might of been that Angel who was agressively staring at Jagger during Sympathy for the Devil....you know the one who threw the spaced out cat back into the crowd.....see it on youtube!