Unacceptable Noise From Swimming Pool

9 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

So you recon anyone with children should not move into a block of flats then? That all these so called Condos Are studio 1/2or 3 bedroom flats. Anyone who thinks families should not move into flats is the not very bright ones. Your post sounds to me that you really dont like Thailand!  A little prospective kids are kids we were all kids once (although some have forgoton that fact). A bit of noise during the day come on get real. I suppose we parents should ground them permanently. Oh and ban karaoke. Shoot all dogs and criminalise walling and chanting from monks, To appease grumpy farangs.

A normal cultural shock for those growing up in the suburbs and coming to live in a dense city.

And the same for those growing up in a dense city going to live in the farmlands and meeting roosters...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jeab1980 said:

A little prospective kids are kids we were all kids once (although some have forgoton that fact). A bit of noise during the day come on get real. I suppose we parents should ground them permanently. Oh and ban karaoke. Shoot all dogs and criminalise walling and chanting from monks, To appease grumpy farangs.

Animals and karaoke are both forbidden in my condo building and every other condo building I know of. There is a simple reason for this: they are noisy and antisocial and as such they have no place in a high density living area. I see no difference with children.

Those who cant live without making pointless noise should just live far away from everyone else.

I live in    a  field, the  day I get a neighbour ill move out but with 15  rai its  not likely, as a  kid I was told not to scream and shout and annoy  others, you can still have fun without annoying  other people but these days consideration for others  is the last thing on many peoples mind, its  just me me me me me me me.......

19 hours ago, saakura said:

There is a similar issue in our condominium where the swimming pool is on the 9th floor. Many small children come to swim and play in the common area and being children, they shout, scream abd laugh. Most normal people enjoy the sight and sounds of happy children, who come down around 5pm and go home by 7pm. Condo rules prohibit only excessive noise at odd hours. But there is one particular resident on the 12th floor (he is a thai professor in a reputed university) has been a complete nuisance claiming that the sounds are piercing through his sealed door, windows and it goes on late nights, even all night. Juristic and police even arranged to set up a machine in his unit to measure the decibel level and found nothing abnormal, but he does not accept it. Then he started throwing water bottles at the children, and going down to threaten them, getting into fights with the other parents. 

He is just being the normal LOS " I think that I am a higher up" axxhole.

20 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

The OP lives on the 12th floor and has a problem with pool noise on the 9th floor, the guy in your block lives on the 12th floor and has a problem with pool noise on the 9th floor. Do you think its possible the OP is the guy in your block ?

I may be totally off, but I think Saakura was having a go at the OP for being a bit of a whiner. 

thatsthejoke.jpg

Edited by bkkgriz
credited wrong poster.

17 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I detest the noise of screaming children and all other pointless noises like barking dogs and tuneless karaoke and wailing monks. As far as I'm concerned a condo building is not a place for children at all: they should be in a house (or a zoo). Condos are places in which people should be quiet and that's it, and anyone with children, or other sources of noise, who voluntarily moves to a condo is not very bright.

The OP could make a written complaint to the JPM and the committee. All co-owners have the right to peaceful enjoyment of their property which includes the common areas like the pool. Those who wish to make a noise can simply go to public area like a park or beach and do it. There is no shortage of noisy public places in Thailand, none at all. Unfortunately the complaints will probably have no effect as most Thais dont care about noise and dont care about other people either. So he can thank his stars that he is (apparently) just a tenant and can move at any time and without any major financial loss.

What a bundle of joy we are today...

Hmm nobody mentions parental responsibility only the fact that kids will be kids. Have times changed that much that parents no longer have an obligation to raise their children in a proper manner? Here parents send them down to the pool on their own to make merriment and bother others so they can have a little peace and quiet. They seemed determined to spread their own misery around to others. Child upbringing today seems to be heading in a feral direction. 

17 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I detest the noise of screaming children and all other pointless noises like barking dogs and tuneless karaoke and wailing monks. As far as I'm concerned a condo building is not a place for children at all: they should be in a house (or a zoo). Condos are places in which people should be quiet and that's it, and anyone with children, or other sources of noise, who voluntarily moves to a condo is not very bright.

The OP could make a written complaint to the JPM and the committee. All co-owners have the right to peaceful enjoyment of their property which includes the common areas like the pool. Those who wish to make a noise can simply go to public area like a park or beach and do it. There is no shortage of noisy public places in Thailand, none at all. Unfortunately the complaints will probably have no effect as most Thais dont care about noise and dont care about other people either. So he can thank his stars that he is (apparently) just a tenant and can move at any time and without any major financial loss.

Wow... who's not very Bright ? The families living in 2,3,4 bedroom condo's with Kids or the fool who moves into a Condo and then detests the noise kids make? !!!

KittenKong, this is an extremely depressing post of yours. Do you really hate children this much? You don't find any pleasures in a child's playful laugh?... How do you explain 2,3,4 bedroom condos ? shared only by adults?... How do you explain 'Play areas' in Condo's? what about the kids swimming pools in Condo's?

You seem to be the type of person who believes children should not be allowed on Flights, who believes Children should not be brought into restaurants... You are the type of person the rest of us call 'Grumpy'....  and likely a 'Grumpy Old Man'... this is depressing... surely you'd wish to be remembered for something better than being a miserable old fart, no ?

--------------

For the record, if I open my balcony doors I can hear about 30 Children who are at the ground level having the time of their lives, squealing, screaming, giggling, shouting kids....  Its a lovely sound...  its their time, between 4-7 PM where they all congregate downstairs with each other (parents and / or nanny's supervising)... Its one of specific reasons we moved into this Condo...  Its just great for our son, when choosing another Condo we will look for equal facilities...  

Perhaps you think that is not very bright of me... but then given your post above, you haven't exactly presented yourself in a favorable light when considering intellect. 

Edited by richard_smith237

On a positive note, at least your condo is not on the 9th floor opening onto the pool area.

As for the noise, I don't think this will stop until they go back to school or get a job. You may just have to get used to it.

If it rally gets up your nostril do not renew your lease.

The chances of fixing this are about zero  (unless late at night)

You may find that you get used to it, I live next door to a Kindergarten & after 5 months just don't hear it.

Same with aircraft noise (day & night) but now we do not notice it

Gees, 25 posts and not one member of the "if you don't like it go home" brigade has appeared yet. I thought his post would have had them sounding off their garbage. Are they all hiding in their dark cupboards or what?

23 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

KittenKong, this is an extremely depressing post of yours. Do you really hate children this much? You don't find any pleasures in a child's playful laugh?... How do you explain 2,3,4 bedroom condos ? shared only by adults?... How do you explain 'Play areas' in Condo's? what about the kids swimming pools in Condo's?

You seem to be the type of person who believes children should not be allowed on Flights, who believes Children should not be brought into restaurants... You are the type of person the rest of us call 'Grumpy'....  and likely a 'Grumpy Old Man'... this is depressing... surely you'd wish to be remembered for something better than being a miserable old fart, no ?

I dont hate children. In fact I have no feelings about them at all. I''m not particularly grumpy either. I just detest the noise some badly brought up children make, in the same way as I detest all pointless noise like dogs barking and karaoke etc.

For what it's worth, officially there are no multiple bedroom condos in my building though some have been created by joining several individual units together internally. As I mentioned, all buildings I know of ban noisy elements like animals and music and businesses so I see no valid reason why children should be exempted from this same rule. Those who choose to be noisy, or to have noisy animals or children, should simply be elsewhere.

That said, I have long thought that there is massive commercial scope in Thailand for buildings that prohibit any residents under a certain age (50?) and I would be happy to live in one if they existed. Such places exist widely in the west.

It's not relevant but yes, I also think that noisy children on flights should be relegated to some distant part of the aircraft or banned altogether. The same applies to drunks, people with loud phones/devices or anyone generally who makes pointless noise.

18 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Not sure I could understand it. 

some people are oversensitive to certain kind of noises. it seems their brain in unable to filter out the noise, so that it is always present in their mind when they hear it.

I worked in very loud environments with people around talking, shouting and screaming and when I was concentrated on my work I wouldn't be bothered by the noise. Yet there are some voices-language combinations I have a difficult time to block out, they drive me mad. I guess it is the same for people who can't block out children's noises.

27 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Gees, 25 posts and not one member of the "if you don't like it go home" brigade has appeared yet. I thought his post would have had them sounding off their garbage. Are they all hiding in their dark cupboards or what?

Those posts have been removed. :cool:

11 minutes ago, manarak said:

some people are oversensitive to certain kind of noises. it seems their brain in unable to filter out the noise, so that it is always present in their mind when they hear it.

I worked in very loud environments with people around talking, shouting and screaming and when I was concentrated on my work I wouldn't be bothered by the noise. Yet there are some voices-language combinations I have a difficult time to block out, they drive me mad. I guess it is the same for people who can't block out children's noises.

I still wouldn't shoot at them with an air rifle.

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I still wouldn't shoot at them with an air rifle.

I was just adressing the understanding issue. Noise can drive someone mad, and people with poor impulse control can just snap.

27 minutes ago, manarak said:

I was just adressing the understanding issue. Noise can drive someone mad, and people with poor impulse control can just snap.

Yes, but the post you quoted was only concerned with someones claim that they know of places where children are shot at when they make too much noise.

I can understand people getting worked up about noise, but not to the point where they shoot at children.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

I dont hate children. In fact I have no feelings about them at all. I''m not particularly grumpy either. I just detest the noise some badly brought up children make, in the same way as I detest all pointless noise like dogs barking and karaoke etc.

For what it's worth, officially there are no multiple bedroom condos in my building though some have been created by joining several individual units together internally. As I mentioned, all buildings I know of ban noisy elements like animals and music and businesses so I see no valid reason why children should be exempted from this same rule. Those who choose to be noisy, or to have noisy animals or children, should simply be elsewhere.

That said, I have long thought that there is massive commercial scope in Thailand for buildings that prohibit any residents under a certain age (50?) and I would be happy to live in one if they existed. Such places exist widely in the west.

It's not relevant but yes, I also think that noisy children on flights should be relegated to some distant part of the aircraft or banned altogether. The same applies to drunks, people with loud phones/devices or anyone generally who makes pointless noise.

You my friend are a reverse ageist. There are already places for the overv 50's old age homes you seem as though you would fit in perfectly. You must have a very dull life with all your pet hates you have detailed. I wonder if you object to noisy orgasams as well.

Edited by jeab1980

1 hour ago, manarak said:

But thats no reason to supposedly take pot shots at them ifvindeed it did hapoen.

This is a subject I can relate to, but firstly the OP has to accept he rented an apartment very close to a swimming pool, and yes noise does come from such a relaxation area, I suggest it would be worse if adults used the pool for late night parties.

as one who has lived and worked in a number of Asian countries for 40 years, and now in China where I have residence, I am gobsmacked by the lack of parental control the Chinese have over their little Emporers and Empresses, 

these arrogant ignorant youngsters, are allowed to run riot and create havoc, whether it be in a housing complex, shopping mall or anywhere in public, and their careers are glued to their phones.

lets be fair, these monsters have a right to a life, however there are certain areas where they HAVE to be controlled. I have been a Marco Polo club member of Cathay Pacific since 1991, and often fly business class, but I will not accept a young child under ten seated next to me whilst the parents are in a different part of the cabin allowing the cabin crew to "mother" the child next to me. By the way the cabin crew are totally agreeable with me.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Perhaps you think that is not very bright of me... but then given your post above, you haven't exactly presented yourself in a favorable light when considering intellect. 

Hmm intellect I get it. Listening to a bunch of rowdy kids yelling and screaming not a parent in sight.learning early on how to get attention and the best seat at the table of life. Lordy something is terrrribly wrong. 

Maybe you'd be happier in an old folks' home?

1 hour ago, DipStick said:

This is a subject I can relate to, but firstly the OP has to accept he rented an apartment very close to a swimming pool, and yes noise does come from such a relaxation area, I suggest it would be worse if adults used the pool for late night parties.

as one who has lived and worked in a number of Asian countries for 40 years, and now in China where I have residence, I am gobsmacked by the lack of parental control the Chinese have over their little Emporers and Empresses, 

these arrogant ignorant youngsters, are allowed to run riot and create havoc, whether it be in a housing complex, shopping mall or anywhere in public, and their careers are glued to their phones.

lets be fair, these monsters have a right to a life, however there are certain areas where they HAVE to be controlled. I have been a Marco Polo club member of Cathay Pacific since 1991, and often fly business class, but I will not accept a young child under ten seated next to me whilst the parents are in a different part of the cabin allowing the cabin crew to "mother" the child next to me. By the way the cabin crew are totally agreeable with me.

If i paid for buisness class for me my wife and my child and could not get seats close together. The child would be wherever his paid for area would be and i would not accept some bigot telling me or the cabin crew he could not be there.

You must go and live in China ok? You will be go deaf in no time. Two men or women talking and all the while you thought they were having a heated argument.

Asians have special ears that can block out noise that you Farangs don't have. They can read book in noisy place. They can carry on a conversation totally unaware of the noise in the surrounding area. They will raise their voice if they can't hear you.

To be on light side, a friend once asked me, "If a tree crashes in a forest with nobody around to hear the crashing sound does it still makes a crashing sound?"

I said to him, "This is a silly question, noise is the vibration of air molecules and when the vibration hits the ear drum the person perceive it as noise,". You need the vibration of air molecules and an ear drum to produce and perceive the noise.

So with nobody around there is no noise of crashing tree because the part of perceiving the noise is not present to complete the action of the air molecules hitting the ear drum.

So I would say yes there is vibration of air molecules cause by the crashing tree but no noise.

When the universe was formed it produced the sound "Omn" the primal sound. It is meaningless, just like everything else in the universe. This universe is in fact the biggest meaningless entity produced by God. Please don't talk about God he is the guy who does meaningless things. Why was I born with sins that he had to send his only beloved son to save me? when I died I will ask God why he did all these to entertain himself.