Thai DLT strictly inspects school shuttles

webfact

DLT strictly inspects school shuttles

BANGKOK, 11 May 0217 (NNT) - The Department of Land Transport (DLT) strictly inspects all school shuttles to ensure that they have license from the DLT. 

DLT Director General Sanit Phromwong disclosed that the DLT had instructed its provincial offices to inspect safety and service of school shuttles nationwide, in preparation for the start of a new school semester. 

School shuttles’ feature must comply with law and must be registered legally. Personal cars and vans must have a license issued by the DLT or from a provincial office of land transport, and must meet the DLT’s standards. 

School shuttle drivers must have obtained a personal vehicle driving license for at least 3 years or possess a public vehicle driving license. The drivers must also have a good record on driving. Violations may lead to a one year revocation of the school shuttle’s license.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-05-11

16 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

.......The drivers must also have a good record on driving.......

And how will that be determined?

When they can hold the driving wheel with 2 hands.

regards Worgeordie

Believe that when I see it, kids here hanging of the back of a pick-up on the way to school always made me feel uncomfortable when driving behind, especially when the gap I left was quickly filled by 4 more mad pick-up truck drivers