Is there a fine for late renewal of ext of stay?

My employer is arranging the docs to extend my contract at work for 1 more year. If this is ready on Monday I will go direct to the WP office and let them do the WP.

The current ext of stay based on employment expires next Wed. If I visit the labor dept on monday and get a receipt can I go to immigration the same day or tuesday to get the new stamp done? Or do I have to wait until the labor dept have finished and take the book?

Finally, what is the fine if I'm late to visit immigration. Is there a daily fine?

many thanks

Just now, KarenBravo said:

Not only that, but, your original visa will expire in addition to the overstay.

You'll have to leave the country and get another visa if you let this happen.

I am sure his visa expired long ago.

Immigration will still do the extension after paying the fine for a few days of overstay.

• Like 2

If your WP5 renewal papers are all in order, then Labour will issue a receipt (Cost 100 THB) for a successful application which is awaiting the new Extension of Permission to Stay based on working in the Kingdom of Thailand.

Labour in my area (Phuket) will let you directly take your existing WP and application papers along with the WP5 Application Receipt to Immigration to apply for the Extension of Permission to Stay. They will give you a cut off date to return the papers.

However if you wait beyond the existing extension expiry then you have a problem, plus will be on an overstay; you will have to then restart the process from scratch.

Very important that you get all your ducks lined up for this application, but it should be possible to do.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Not only that, but, your original visa will expire in addition to the overstay.

You'll have to leave the country and get another visa if you let this happen.

I over stayed by 20 days a few years back. I was charged the daily fine but extention was given, no probs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, digitalchromakey said:

Only if the OP's company is a BOI Company.

No, sorry, I have seen that stated somewhere, but I did it at "one-stop" with a non-BOI company in 2013. Took a hell of a lot of documentation about the company though. All their registration documents, etc. and a couple of visits to "one-stop" that took all day.

3 hours ago, MiKT said:

No, sorry, I have seen that stated somewhere, but I did it at "one-stop" with a non-BOI company in 2013. Took a hell of a lot of documentation about the company though. All their registration documents, etc. and a couple of visits to "one-stop" that took all day.

Yes there are some other categories of foreign employee that are eligible to use the One Stop Centre in Bangkok - see link below:

Bangkok One Stop Center.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MiKT said:

Thinking back, maybe it took so long because they were getting registered for BOI status, but they used an agent who was ......g useless, so I never found out the full details of what went on.

Edited by MiKT

If an extension has expired a couple days and by some unfortunate coincidence the person is stopped by Immigrations Police on some search, would they be subject to incarceration and deportation for being here illegally?