Man caught in police sting operation trying to sell Porsche supercar

snoop1130

Man caught in police sting operation trying to sell Porsche supercar

By Supachai Phetchthewee

The Nation

1a1f96afcecc04be914b839a58d84b81.jpeg

A Thai man has been arrested in a police sting operation after he tried to sell an illegal Porsche supercar on a car sale website for more than Bt4 million less than the market price.

Pol Maj General Surachet Hakpan, chief of the 191 police division, said on Thursday that police informants monitoring car sale websites found an advertisement selling a yellow Porsche 911-Carrera-4S for only Bt2.3 million when the market price for the model was about Bt6.5 million.

Police suspected it was illegal and set up a sting operation to buy the vehicle. 

They arranged to have the car delivered to the parking lot of a shopping mall in the Town in Town area of Bangkok's Wang Thong Lang district. 

The suspect, identified as Somdul Sridurong, showed up to get paid and deliver the car but police arrested him when he could not produce the car ownership papers.

An initial probe found the car's licence plate number was registered to a yellow Porsche GT3 and the engine number was also adjusted, Surachet said.

Police say Somdul confessed to buying the car from a group of friends. He is facing a charges of forging a state-issued document, which is punishable by six months to five years in prison and/or a Bt1,000-Bt10,000 fine, and selling a tax-evading vehicle, which is punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine up to four times the value of the car, including taxes.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30314906

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-5-11

Dumb-dumb. Why not just advertise at market value and see who bites. Can lower the price later when negotiating one-on-one if you need the quick sale. 

I remember someone trying to sell me a cheap iPhone. Like 5,000 baht too cheap. I said the deal made no sense and there must be a reason. Girl eventually said it's cheap cos it overheats and turns itself off quite often. Apple won't fix cos water damaged. I just shook my head in embarrassment of a so called friend trying to sting me and then being so dumb as to tell me the real reason instead of giving up on trying to rip me off. 

More and more I read Police Monitoring websites.

And still I read many times, I live in Thailand, I work in Thailand where is

the easiest  place to get another tourist visa?

The day this Police Monitoring team starts to act on forums and facebook, many will have a problem.

"Police say Somdul confessed to buying the car from a group of friends."

"Police are now interviewing the friends of the unlucky seller to see where they got the car in the first place."  If only?

Charges will also be laid for having such an ugly colour, usually reserved for mustard, on a hot car.

Pol Maj General Surachet Hakpan, chief of the 191 police division, said on Thursday that police informants monitoring car sale websites found an advertisement selling a yellow Porsche 911-Carrera-4S for only Bt2.3 million when the market price for the model was about Bt6.5 million.

snitch_o_1147063.jpg

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Dumb-dumb. Why not just advertise at market value and see who bites. Can lower the price later when negotiating one-on-one if you need the quick sale. 

I remember someone trying to sell me a cheap iPhone. Like 5,000 baht too cheap. I said the deal made no sense and there must be a reason. Girl eventually said it's cheap cos it overheats and turns itself off quite often. Apple won't fix cos water damaged. I just shook my head in embarrassment of a so called friend trying to sting me and then being so dumb as to tell me the real reason instead of giving up on trying to rip me off. 

You forgot. This is Thailand. You must have read often about hundreds to thousands easily fooled by too good to be true scams...

More and more I read Police Monitoring websites.

And still I read many times, I live in Thailand, I work in Thailand where is

the easiest  place to get another tourist visa?

The day this police Monitoring team starts to act on forums and facebook, many will have a problem.

In this case it was Police INFORMANTS who were monitoring such websites. What's up with that?