Alcohol tests Pattaya

Bastos60

2 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Checkpoints as this one always are at the same location.

If that's on Theppraya Road just south of the Pratunmak Road junction lights, then that's opposite a permanent police booth on the other side of the road.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, tropo said:

If that's on Theppraya Road just south of the Pratunmak Road junction lights, then that's opposite a permanent police booth on the other side of the road.

Why u want to know exactly?if u not drunk u have nothing to fear?.

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

I don't like being tested even though I don't drink alcohol. Same in Australia, asking me stupid questions like "have you been drinking". Of course I drink, - all day long. How else am I going to get my 8 glasses of water per day?:smile:

Also, they might come up with another reason to book me for something. I prefer to ride around unbothered by police if possible and if I know there's a block somewhere I try to avoid it.

For those who have nothing to fear, then please post your e-mail addresses and passwords. If you don't want to, I'll assume you are a criminal - otherwise why would you refuse to let us look through your e-mail if you have nothing to hide?

Same for the police when we're driving.

8 minutes ago, tropo said:

I don't like being tested even though I don't drink alcohol. Same in Australia, asking me stupid questions like "have you been drinking". Of course I drink, - all day long. How else am I going to get my 8 glasses of water per day?:smile:

Also, they might come up with another reason to book me for something. I prefer to ride around unbothered by police if possible and if I know there's a block somewhere I try to avoid it.

Yeah understand i avoid them also even while sober because they ask me where i been and where i go ,but when i reply then they do not understand mine answer.Go with the short cut smaller sois like the Thais do usually less chance getting pulled over.

Edited by Destiny1990

6 minutes ago, SiamBeast said:

For those who have nothing to fear, then please post your e-mail addresses and passwords. If you don't want to, I'll assume you are a criminal - otherwise why would you refuse to let us look through your e-mail if you have nothing to hide?

You go first

11 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

You are in a third world country. You are much better off avoiding all interaction with law enforcement. It's about the money. Being wrongly accused of a crime is certainly possible here and nothing is worse. It's sort of like all these guys lecturing us about HIV. We are better off just assuming all the prostitutes are HIV positive and making our life decisions. With the police however, you can't assume anything. Then add these wannabee farangs in uniform at these checkpoints and you have a real nightmare possible. It isn't a fair fight. God Bless You and OO.

10 hours ago, SiamBeast said:

Thats some fundamentally flawed logic... You are comparing 'being breathalyzed while out on public roads' to 'invasion of privacy'...  

.... Has anyone been wrongly accused? Has anyone had nothing to drink and been charged after being breathalysed in Thailand?

It seems to me that a lot of the guys who are against being breathalysed, who are commenting so negatively about the Foreign volunteer Tourist police (i.e. those who help translate because you haven't learnt Thai before you drink and drive) are the very people who should be tested... 

.... are there really that many of you in Pattaya who drink and ride / drive ?

10 hours ago, tropo said:

A valid point, if just to avoid the hassle, then fair enough...  respect for anyone who chooses to go out an not drink and drive.

Think twice... reading this thread may save someone else's life or your own... 

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats some fundamentally flawed logic... You are comparing 'being breathalyzed while out on public roads' to 'invasion of privacy'...  

.... Has anyone been wrongly accused? Has anyone had nothing to drink and been charged after being breathalysed in Thailand?

It seems to me that a lot of the guys who are against being breathalysed, who are commenting so negatively about the Foreign volunteer Tourist police (i.e. those who help translate because you haven't learnt Thai before you drink and drive) are the very people who should be tested... 

.... are there really that many of you in Pattaya who drink and ride / drive ?

Good morning. I think you are missing the point. Here it is.....Assume everyone is drunk when they drive here in Pattaya. Assume the police and their helpers are in it for the money, not protecting you from harm.(in the case of the farang's participating, it it for gusto and manly-hood enhancement) Make your decision about driving yourself with that assumption. If you feel unsafe or unable to deal with it, don't drive. You can hire a properly licensed insured moto taxi or "uber" car or taxi or you can just stay in, call food delivery or call girl/boy. Cheers mate, God Bless You and OO.

Edited by BruceMangosteen

12 hours ago, tropo said:

Same here ! As much as I do not talk to mibs i am happy ! We do not have the same roots, I have a brain, and I do not talk with people who do not have any.

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I believe the legislators had everyone's safety in mind when they made the rules,

BUT...

as long as I see the police in Pattaya focusing on stopping foreigners without helmets while letting Thais pass through...

stopping foreigners for many other infringements while allowing Thais guilty of the same infringements pass on by...

turning a blind eye to underage school kids riding 3, 4 and 5 up... while fining me (yes, this happened) 1000 baht for 3 up...

allowing mothers to ride one-handed carrying infants in the other... and turning a blind eye to dozens of other dangerous infringements....

allowing buses barrel through congested streets at high speed...

etc

etc

etc

etc

etc

I'll have to make the assumption it's all about money when they stop us, and nothing to do with road safety. The laws are merely a convenient way for them to extract money from us.

Hence, if I can avoid a roadblock, I will. I don't fear anything... just prefer not to have interaction with cops if I can avoid it. I find them very annoying.

Knowing a bit of how the law works here, it would be easy for the police to set someone up with a positive blood alcohol level. Good luck fighting it. Fighting a bad reading in court would cost many times the fine and take months. In the meanwhile, you'll have your passport confiscated, have to post bail and lose your visa while court hearings are in progress.

I have learned a very complex network of back streets to use everywhere for any occasion.:smile:

Edited by tropo

3 hours ago, tropo said:

I believe the legislators had everyone's safety in mind when they made the rules,

BUT...

as long as I see the police in Pattaya focusing on stopping foreigners without helmets while letting Thais pass through...

stopping foreigners for many other infringements while allowing Thais guilty of the same infringements pass on by...

turning a blind eye to underage school kids riding 3, 4 and 5 up... while fining me (yes, this happened) 1000 baht for 3 up...

allowing mothers to ride one-handed carrying infants in the other... and turning a blind eye to dozens of other dangerous infringements....

allowing buses barrel through congested streets at high speed...

etc

etc

etc

etc

etc

I'll have to make the assumption it's all about money when they stop us, and nothing to do with road safety. The laws are merely a convenient way for them to extract money from us.

Hence, if I can avoid a roadblock, I will. I don't fear anything... just prefer not to have interaction with cops if I can avoid it. I find them very annoying.

Knowing a bit of how the law works here, it would be easy for the police to set someone up with a positive blood alcohol level. Good luck fighting it. Fighting a bad reading in court would cost many times the fine and take months. In the meanwhile, you'll have your passport confiscated, have to post bail and lose your visa while court hearings are in progress.

I have learned a very complex network of back streets to use everywhere for any occasion.:smile:

Me too, I could escape during any chase, I know a lot better than most cops where to drive to avoid them !