Young female mechanic showing the guys how it's done!

webfact

I think it's a case if a guy who thinks cars are hard to work on.   It's a combustion engine and systems.   Hydraulic brake systems, coolant systems, fault code readers, tire changing maybe the worst to learn.   I bet 300 baht is spare change compared to her uncle. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, fruitman said:

So you would let this girl work on your car?  I only let qualified engineers touch mine since it's already dangerous enough in BKK.

It's mostly (qualified) mechanics that work on cars and get dirty. Not engineers. 

I started at 14... sweeping up, oil changes, etc. Eventually took all the exams and was fully certified.
Big kudos amd good luck to this young woman, and bad cess to any trying to denigrate her accomplishment on the basis of her gender. Simply not done by civilized folks.

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

20 hours ago, Neilly said:

You missed the point...everyone has to start somewhere, I used to work in a bike shop after school and at weekends, after I finished school I did an apprenticeship and became a fully qualified tech

Indeed.  Heck, I worked in the family deli for 7 years, high school to college.  Didn't need much training.  But despite the parent's lackluster support since I was pretty good cheap labor (no pay) I put myself through school.  Went on to get BS engineering, MS math,  Air Force officer, senior aerospace engineer, able to retire to the LOS anytime I decide to pull the plug here.  So yep, humble beginnings in the smallest town in the smallest state Rumford Rhode Island

its  great that some girls are given a chance to use their "mechanical" mind ,

It is really something missing  in most modern societies in the west , and having  another viewpoint is good ,

Women look at things from a different angle and background .  Maybe more practical  on items that are used daily.

And the opposite is true , boys need to learn cooking , sewing , and simple things like doing the laundry

us "Guys"  know how much difference male and female logic is ,  let it work for us to make things better......

YEAH , I know its not going to happen ,  but its a thought......

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:31 AM, fruitman said:

Well this proves that anybody can be a mechanic in Thailand...no education needed...maybe that's why so many accidents happen cause the brakes didn't work?

Jerk!