rooster59

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ben2talk said:

Facebook doesn't have a 'dislike' button. You either 'like' or 'unlike'.

Facebook allows me to give a "thumbs up" as well as several other emojis including the one below. If it's not specifically known as "dislike", it adequately implies that emotion to me. 

IMG_20170513_104750.jpg

Edited by ftpjtm

I do not know how I can click on a like button with discretion.
Do I have to switch off the light or discreetly move back to a toilet?

In my Facebook, I get daily news from a Thai woman with huge silicone breasts.
She has over 300000 followers and makes advertising for some silly whitening cream.
Now I am in real trouble.
I've often given her a like.
I do not care about her whitening cream, but her breasts are amazing.
Hopefully the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society can give advice  how I can behave properly.
It is obvious that my Likes can not be discreet,  when she shoveling her big bells every day into my face.

Edited by tomacht8

6 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

In my Facebook, I get daily news from a Thai woman with huge silicone breasts.

It's those big breast FB posts and likes that will get you every time. :sleepy:

All I can say is, there are SO MANY of them out there on Thai FB, that the entire RTP could never get around to going after everyone who's liked them. In fact, they're probably among the likers. Just so long as those BB's don't start offering any unpleasant political commentary.

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It's those big breast FB posts and likes that will get you every time. :sleepy:

All I can say is, there are SO MANY of them out there on Thai FB, that the entire RTP could never get around to going after everyone who's liked them. In fact, they're probably among the likers. Just so long as those BB's don't start offering any unpleasant political commentary.

Thanks for your help, but i fear the whole is more complicated.
So what if that many flat-breasted thai women sue me?
They might be pissed, that I gave the BB a like.
And also her big bells in her tight blouse scream for freedom. This could be interpreted politically.
Even if you want to follow the local laws, the whole thing is quite unsatisfying.

2 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Go and start a revolution and we`ll nominate you as our leader. Personally, I don`t give a toss either way, The idiots are those who cannot ignore facebook and are addicted to it.

I understand the sentiment you've posted.

But the fact is, FB has become quite a major channel for societal communication here in the country. Things that Thais have posted on FB have shamed and forced the government and the police to take action against people and things that had they not been exposed on FB probably would have been left to go about their "business." You probably can attribute the continued, undying attention on FB and elsewhere to the Red Bull case with ultimately forcing the government to at least seem to be taking some action finally, as one example.

Yes, overall, a lot of FB is a giant time and energy drain on the "productivity" of ordinary Thais (and others). But it does serve a valid purpose in some situations, especially when the traditional news sources here are so mute and muzzled in many ways. And frankly, even for local businesses who can't manage to maintain their own websites or advertise much, but can at least manage to pop up a FB page that tells the world about what they have to offer.  For me a lot of times, FB Thai has become a kind of Yellow Pages directory replacement.

24 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I understand the sentiment you've posted.

But the fact is, FB has become quite a major channel for societal communication here in the country. Things that Thais have posted on FB have shamed and forced the government and the police to take action against people and things that had they not been exposed on FB probably would have been left to go about their "business." You probably can attribute the continued, undying attention on FB and elsewhere to the Red Bull case with ultimately forcing the government to at least seem to be taking some action finally, as one example.

Yes, overall, a lot of FB is a giant time and energy drain on the "productivity" of ordinary Thais (and others). But it does serve a valid purpose in some situations, especially when the traditional news sources here are so mute and muzzled in many ways. And frankly, even for local businesses who can't manage to maintain their own websites or advertise much, but can at least manage to pop up a FB page that tells the world about what they have to offer.  For me a lot of times, FB Thai has become a kind of Yellow Pages directory replacement.

I saw, that you have also commented on this news.

A mass razzia in 320 rooms/flats.  Which judge has here 320 search warrants displayed?
As a lawful fellow citizen,  i find the whole development quite frightening.

Edited by tomacht8

Let's face facts.  The leaders of current Thai government want total control of society. They don't want a just constitution, they don't want free elections, and most of all they don't want any criticism of themselves or how they are running the show. The generals will fill their bank accounts and some day retire and play golf.  That's what retired generals do in Thailand.

All the government needs to do is pass a law that says the populace is obliged to 'like' (and not just accept) whatever Big Brother decrees but mustn't like other things or they risk going in the slammer. I am sure there is already a precedent for this.

10 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

That`s a stupid question. If an average person cannot distinguish which posts are going to brass people off and those that won`t, must mean the average persons are all idiots. 

For example; if I click like to a video showing some playful adorable puppies, then that`s not going to offend anyone, but if I post or click like to a post that is demeaning to certain people or the Thai government or those in authority, then that is going to peeeese a lot of people off. I`m trying to explain this to you in the simplest way possible so you`ll understand.

Not quite right, lets say a person who lives outside this neck of the woods,  who knows nothing of the decades squabbles and books a holiday here then goes on FB looking for info as people do. then sees a pic of someone but the text is in the local language here and that text says something not so good for your health. She cannot read the local lingo but clicks like thinking that's a nice portrait, fly's in and gets arrested. (Please do not say this has not happened).

The net is not owned by a small desperate country that is trying to say what the rest of the world can and cannot do on line. So the answer is cut the connection to the web and just have a intranet inside that small country. But that cannot happen as trade and Tourism would end overnight.

Grow up is the answer or go Intranet only and then you can dictate what happens inside a small country where idiots seem to rule

16 hours ago, rkidlad said:

'The Ministry of Digital Economy and Society has clarified that social media users were still free to “like” or share posts as long as they respected other people’s rights'

What rights? The right to not be offended? My god, you'll have a society of children who are terrified to say anything. 

Funny you should say that, the brainwashing from birth and unbelievably archaic draconian 'Laws' all aimed at keeping the masses firmly in their place, whilst the rich and powerful are  virtually unaccountable and free from scrutiny, do not educate the masses lest they ask questions.

The old guard in Thailand are terrified of Social Media and the internet in general, it's the only platform Thai people have to vent their frustrations, and freedom to think and give opinions and ask questions is not something the elite who have tremendous wealth and privilege , are happy about.

..and wish they had a way to bugger off out of it and live in France instead.

[sarcasm]

Steady on chaps! It might be bad in Thailand, but to suggest to live in France?? Hmm.....

[/sarcasm]

But we still can't look at the joke of a paper the Daily Mail or Andrew Drummond's site to name just two. Also, even contacting some people on FB they don't like can still lead to arrest and prison, I expect the ministry of truth thinks this might cause us 'confusion'  :shock1: 

Edited by Orton Rd

I'm am not political in the least, but what is the difference in a Military run country and Communism, or dictatorship?

Anyone have a link so I can read the difference?

Thanks

19 minutes ago, garyk said:

I'm am not political in the least, but what is the difference in a Military run country and Communism, or dictatorship?

Anyone have a link so I can read the difference?

Thanks

Seems to me that they have slightly different preferences in the brand of automobiles they get chauffeured around in, liquor and food, but what do I know?  If  said more, I would certainly be hearing from one or the other in an unpleasant way.

11 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

Facebook allows me to give a "thumbs up" as well as several other emojis including the one below. If it's not specifically known as "dislike", it adequately implies that emotion to me. 

IMG_20170513_104750.jpg

This is a kind of like showing 'Angry'. We also have 'sad'. This is a reaction to the post - it's a qualified 'like'.

It doesn't mean you dislike the post, it means you feel angry because of the content.

There is no option to click 'thumbs down' to downvote a post, if you like with 'sad' or 'angry' you are still adding to the number of 'likes' on a post.

To like or not to like, that's the question...

To share or not to share, that's also the question....

Who tells me what to like and what not to like ?

Who tells me what I can share and what I can not share ?

If I have 100 million bucks to share, who will tell me that I can't share !!!

The story is a sign of the tmes.  Someone is alleging that a senior policeman is involved in corruption and he is naturally filing criminal libel charges against that person.  A lowly police sergeant is dragged in for questioning as an accessory to the libel merely for liking the post alleging the senior policeman's corruption.   

Their is no suggestion that a probe into the alleged corruption of the senior policeman will take place or would even be a good idea. This type of atmosphere more or less guarantees an acceleration of new builds of police mansions, purchases of luxury cars and overseas educations for police brats.  Meanwhile there is no rule of law, the economy remains hampered by epic levels of corruption and the overwhelming majority remain mired in poverty.

1 minute ago, Dogmatix said:

The story is a sign of the tmes.  Someone is alleging that a senior policeman is involved in corruption and he is naturally filing criminal libel charges against that person.  A lowly police sergeant is dragged in for questioning as an accessory to the libel merely for liking the post alleging the senior policeman's corruption.   

Their is no suggestion that a probe into the alleged corruption of the senior policeman will take place or would even be a good idea. This type of atmosphere more or less guarantees an acceleration of new builds of police mansions, purchases of luxury cars and overseas educations for police brats.  Meanwhile there is no rule of law, the economy remains hampered by epic levels of corruption and the overwhelming majority remain mired in poverty.

you may say this but I could not possibly comment

Somsak Kaosuwan is saying "Do it my way or no way!"

To be expected of a regime wanting to reign in freedom of expression (usually a democratic principle) although the PM has claimed he is the "protector of democracy".

Doesn't make any sense to me.