Phuket woman tricked out of close to B1mn by con gang

snoop1130

Phuket woman tricked out of close to B1mn by con gang

1494845598_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- Police in Thalang yesterday arrested a 49-year-old man who was part of a four-man gang who conned a woman out of just under B1 million in a gambling trick after pretending to be interested in buying her house.

On Saturday (May 13), a Thai woman, named by police as “Ms A”, filed a report at Thalang Police Station stating that four Thai men had tricked her out of B1mn.

Ms A told police that at 11am on Friday (May 12) four people acting as property brokers visited her at her house stating that they were interested in buying her home.

“After showing interest in buying my property the gang arrived in a Bangkok-registered Honda City when they picked me up from Garden Place Village, in Tambon Thepkrasattri Rd, Thalang.

“However, after picking me up they persuaded me to play the Chinese gambling game Fan-Tan, so we went to a bank in Phuket Town where I withdrew close to B1mn to gamble with.

“We then went to a rented room in Koh Kaew to play the game and I lost all the money. I also run up a debt to the four men of B900,000.

“The four men then disappeared,” she said.

After making their investigations police were able to identify one of the suspects as Somchai Inthawong, 49, from Phuket.

Thalang Police Chief Col Sompong Thiparpakul and Deputy Chief Lt Col Weerayuth Sitthirattanakul were able to apprehend him at a property on Soi Permsin in Rassada.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-woman-tricked-out-of-close-to-b1mn-by-con-gang-62161.php#JK3rmlbHXMTvXEI5.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-5-15

32 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

“However, after picking me up they persuaded me to play the Chinese gambling game Fan-Tan, so we went to a bank in Phuket Town where I withdrew close to B1mn to gamble with.

The power of persuasion eh

or is she just annoyed she lost?!

Con people tried that trick on my wife years ago.  She was not so stupid and quickly left the proposed gambling game at a hotel- lucky she does not gamble. It was a complete con, she notified the police after she left. Doubt the BiB did anything.

Don't feel sorry for her at all and they didn't con her, she was stupid.  She withdrew 1 million baht to gamble with (who in their right mind would do that?).  Angry she lost, now regrets it, makes complaint to police.