Ford Everest

Bought the 2.2 Platinum+ back in October 2016 after spending more than a month looking at/test driving all the local competition. I would have liked the larger engine, but the 3.2 only comes with 4WD, which I don't want/need. However, performance is good, as is economy and comfort. It has a lot of bells and whistles, some of which I don't use (e.g. - Lane assist). Other than a couple of niggles, I can't fault it.

The niggles:-

1) Who decided that it would have a compulsory sunroof/moonroof (no option without it)?

2) Access to the 3rd row of seats is very tight.

3) Drivers seat could do with a couple of auto memory settings. If I get in after Mrs C has been driving it takes a while for me to get into a comfortable driving position (and vice-versa).

All minor issues really. Overall I am really impressed with this car.

Put EVEREST in search and TITLE ONLY and there plenty for you to read.

I have MY15 3.2L and really like it. A 'boat like' ride but I don't want bang, bang,bang as I drive along.

Yes it is not very economical ... www.fuelly.com and Jas21 to see what I have got since day one.

I think it is quite quick ... especially so when I sit in the passenger seat and Mrs J is the pilot

Our Ford Service place is okay...

23 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

If it is Pattaya, I agree about servicing. For me, the jury is still out on their warranty repairs and maintenance.

Ford Chaengwattana for me and I have PPP ... making a total of five years warranty from new.

37 minutes ago, reenatinnakor said:

How much does it cost to fill up? How many liters the tank?

Well cost to fill depends on the price of fuel ...

I once (Jan 2017) put 77.51 Ltrs into the tank ...at that time the cost was 26.293 thb/Lt and I had covered 845Kms and the fuel consumption came out at 10.9km/ltr.

In Jan2016 it looks like I got 81Ltrs in (20thb/Ltr then)...must have been pretty empty and the pump guy must have 'topped' it right up.

As an aside I get out and watch all my re-fuels ..... probably other Thais at the pumps  think ... why is that foreigner out of his vehicle 

It's a T+ ... as I said earlier somewhere look at Jas21 on www.fuelly.com  complete details of all fuel ups since Dec 2015.

Edited by JAS21

13 hours ago, reenatinnakor said:

I have the Ranger WT 3.2 and absolutely love it. Am strongly looking at the Everest for a 2nd car. How many kms do you get on a full tank?

So the 2.2 platinum plus has all the gadgets the 3.2 has? Just the engine size is different?

Smaller engine and no 4WD. Dont intend to take it off road so went for the 2.2 and its supposed to weigh ~ 100KG less than the 3.2 without all the 4WD bits. Also there is no big difference in acceleration between 2.2 and 3.2 engines. Running around BKK I get about 8KM/L, havent gone on a longer trip outside BKK yet.

I wonder where you guys get your figures from ... hopefully not one offs from the computer as that isn't exactly accurate.

Over 18000+Kms from new, my 3.2L 4WD has averaged exactly 10.0km/l or 10.0l/100kms :smile: .Mixed driving ... heavy BK traffic and long runs.

I can only write about the Mazda BT-50 which has the same engine. Our 3.2 l model consumes about 8.5 l/100 km.

Ford have updated both the 3.2 and 2.2 diesels which has improved their efficiency over the Mazda versions.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

Ford have updated both the 3.2 and 2.2 diesels which has improved their efficiency over the Mazda versions.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Wonder why they didn't do that in the first place....

You'll still get far better fuel consumption from a Mazda BT50  3.2 compared to an Everest 3.2. I know as I used to have a Mazda BT 50 3.2. The Mazda is lighter. I'm not really complaining as you don't buy a 4WD SUV weighing in excess off 2 tonnes with a 3.2 engine and expect it to be a frugal with fuel as a Bedouin is with water.

4 minutes ago, Big Guns said:

You'll still get far better fuel consumption from a Mazda BT50  3.2 compared to an Everest 3.2. I know as I used to have a Mazda BT 50 3.2. The Mazda is lighter. I'm not really complaining as you don't buy a 4WD SUV weighing in excess off 2 tonnes with a 3.2 engine and expect it to be a frugal with fuel as a Bedouin is with water.

Yep, my fun ride did just over a mile to the litre (6 miles to the UK gallon).....One must do their homework on stuff to fit their requirement to be sure of their expectations........:stoner:

• 3 weeks later...