Prayut tells nurses to stop protesting over poor pay and working conditions

webfact

On 2017-5-16 at 10:14 AM, ezzra said:

Not sure about these protesting nurses, but when I go to Bumroongrad

and other big hospital I see like 7-10 nurses staffing one doctor's

position and while 2-3 are working, the rest are just loafing about.....

You need to get out a bit.

My Wife is a nurse and has worked in both public and private hospitals.

Get your facts right before shooting your mouth off.

Advanced member...??

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 17/05/2017 at 4:26 PM, Reefhunter said:

Advanced member...??

So what r u questioning about what he says? He is right in as much as whenever  Ive been to AEK hospital in Udon Thani the place is crawling with dolly birds in short-skirted suits and badges as well as uniformed nurses.

There are many priorities wrong here.

Still going ahead with his chuffa high speed trains that the poor people will not be able to afford to ride in,

new tanks  & subs to protect us against what ? The Chinese , no way, as he is in bed with them anyway,

than who ? 

Must admit, i think that nurses are being a little selfish. We all know that the military are the needy ones, they have to pay for new arms and submarines, life is getting really tough for them. They are lucky to have a PM who can realise their needs over the greedy public hospitals and nursing staff.

On 5/16/2017 at 8:14 AM, ezzra said:

Not sure about these protesting nurses, but when I go to Bumroongrad

and other big hospital I see like 7-10 nurses staffing one doctor's

position and while 2-3 are working, the rest are just loafing about.....

you do understand the distinction between public and private hospitals right?

also you do understand that bumrungrad employ many nurses assistants and orderlies, as well as nurses?

its quite amusing that all prayut is doing is making hiring very much easier for the private hospitals in thailand who pay more, offer better benefits and employment conditions than the government hospitals and because of poor policy have the pick of the crop.

On 5/17/2017 at 11:26 PM, Reefhunter said:

Advanced member...??

dont sweat it ezzra has his own take on life and rarely offers a relevant opinion, however he is quite an accomplished bigot and homophobe.

i personally think we are all better off if he stays in more.

On 5/16/2017 at 4:33 PM, djayz said:

There are also too many nurses employed in public hospitals in my honest opinion. 

Fortunately, I don't have to look at them sitting around too often as I'm very, very seldom in need of medical assistance. 

I strongly believe that BETTER TRAINING and MOTIVATION leads to LESS, BUT MORE COMPETENT STAFF - not only in hospitals, but also in stores and businesses. Just walk into ANY supermarket, hardware store, etc. and count how many useless employess are sitting/standing around doing absolutely nothing except mucking around on their phones or looking in a mirror. Expenses all bourne by the employer, or in hospitals, the tax payer and to a lesser extent the patients. 

Private or public, they have enough staff. Yes, the nurses swing into action when needed, no doubt about that, but for the rest of the time they doing sweet frig all. 

i think most here are unable to distinguish between nursing assistants and orderlies and nurses themselves

On 5/16/2017 at 8:42 AM, DM07 said:

In a civilized country, you have to pay your
teachers
doctors and nurses
fire- and policemen
soldiers
well!
Not your generals!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

umm yeah, have you seen the wage scale for teachers and nurses and the like in the US or UK? they are hardly raking it in.

23 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

umm yeah, have you seen the wage scale for teachers and nurses and the like in the US or UK? they are hardly raking it in.

Have you seen the benefits they get, compared to wages and benefits in Thailand?

Pensions and whatnot?

They may not be the best payed professions in the world...but they have decent payments, compared to Thailand.

19 hours ago, DM07 said:

Have you seen the benefits they get, compared to wages and benefits in Thailand?

Pensions and whatnot?

They may not be the best payed professions in the world...but they have decent payments, compared to Thailand.

Yes, however it is a sad indicator of a society's priorities that people who perform such essential services as saving lives and educating are children are compensated at the lower end of the scale. This is not unique to thailand, though it is especially pronounced here.

21 hours ago, oldsailor35 said:

Sort of statement to be expected from a rich arrogant old crunt. If he goes into any hospital, i hope that they ignore him as much as possible.

Well, it would appear from todays news that when these people need to go to hospital it is more often than not overseas so they are not too bothered about the situation of nurses in Thai hospitals.

1 hour ago, HooHaa said:

Yes, however it is a sad indicator of a society's priorities that people who perform such essential services as saving lives and educating are children are compensated at the lower end of the scale. This is not unique to thailand, though it is especially pronounced here.

I agree on the first part!

The fact that Thailand is mentioned here, is that this is ThaiVisa!

1 hour ago, DM07 said:

I agree on the first part!

The fact that Thailand is mentioned here, is that this is ThaiVisa!

yes, but in the context of the post I originally replied to the term "civilized countries" reared its ugly head. my response was that it is not the proirity one might actually hope. the problem with the removal of nested quotes is the original post and response are often lost or forgotten.

On 5/16/2017 at 8:42 AM, DM07 said:

In a civilized country, you have to pay your
teachers
doctors and nurses
fire- and policemen
soldiers
well!
Not your generals!