Nam Phu Ron, its possible for 30 day tourist visa or not?

Hi all, I was on an O-visa for some time but then I got divorced and got 90-day extension on that. But now that is about to end and I have to do a border run to get the 30 day tourist visa. I wondered if I can do that at Nam Phu Ron or not? If not are there any quiet border crossings newly opened other than that not so far from Bangkok?

Thanks 

I think you asking about the Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing to Myanmar.

They do not allow a crossing unless you have a valid Thai visa for re-entry.

You cannot get a 30 day visa exempt entry (it is not a tourist visa) there unless you have a visa for Myanmar and were to spend at least a day or two there.

The nearest friendly crossing to Bangkok is the Ban Laem crossing to Cambodia.

If your visa multiple entry non-o visa has not expired yet (enter before date on it) you could use it to get one more 90 day entry.

3 hours ago, Deserted said:

Well it expired March 6 and I did that already, I can only get 1 90 day extension right?

Assuming you are looking at the "Enter before" date on the visa, and that says March 6, your visa has expired and no more entries (it is not an extension of current permission to stay which is something different) can be made using it. You can make an unlimited number of entries using the visa up until the Enter before date. Thus, if you had entered March 6, the entry would have been valid until about June 5.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/05/2017 at 11:31 AM, ubonjoe said:

I think you asking about the Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing to Myanmar.

They do not allow a crossing unless you have a valid Thai visa for re-entry.

But do we need a valid Myanmar visa also?

As it looks like there has been some flip-flipping in the past 6 months based on some peoples previous posts.

50 minutes ago, PaulHamon said:

But do we need a valid Myanmar visa also?

As it looks like there has been some flip-flipping in the past 6 months based on some peoples previous posts.

Whether you need a Myanmar visa or not, there has never been a time (based on all the reports I have ever seen) that you could get a 30-day visa-exempt entry at Ban Phu Nam Ron.

I can see that ubonjoe has already answered the Deserted question.

If you read my whole post in its entirety, I was asking if you DO have the valid re-entry Visa to Thailand, are they allowing people to cross without a valid  Myanmar visa.

If you read my whole post in its entirety, I was asking if you DO have the valid re-entry Visa to Thailand, are they allowing people to cross without a valid  Myanmar visa.

If you get a visa for Myanmar they will allow a crossing without a visa for here. They might expect you to spend at least a night in Myanmar though.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you get a visa for Myanmar they will allow a crossing without a visa for here. They might expect you to spend at least a night in Myanmar though.

So do I read from your post that if you have any kind of valid multiple entry visa for Thailand, you can do an out-in here to receive another 60-day or 90-day permission to stay without requiring a Myanmar visa? Any recent reports?

On 6/4/2017 at 5:13 PM, PaulHamon said:

I'm sorry, but there was nothing in your post about already having a valid re-entry visa. The original post from Deserted asked if you could get a 30-day entry. You then said, "But do we need a valid Myanmar visa also?

As it looks like there has been some flip-flipping in the past 6 months based on some peoples previous posts."

I can't see any mention there of anything to do with having a valid re-entry visa. 

• 2 weeks later...

Report : June 19th 2017

I did this "out-in" on the above date. It still works. A Thai visa is required so that will almost certainly be a multi-entry type since this is an "out-in". I have an METV. A Burmese visa is not required.

The cost is 950 Baht for the run over and back and the Burmese stamps plus 10 Baht for photocopying, giving a total of 960 Baht. There are now so few border runners here that the rot dtoo has been dispensed with and one bloke called Oss does it in his pick-up. You have to wait for 3 or 4 people to turn up and only then will he go. It is too far to walk which you would not be allowed to do any way. It says 4 km each way but I think it is more than that. When I was there the other border runners were Laos.

Interestingly, there was a foreign (not Thai or Burmese) ghost runner too (passport present, person not). I have not witnessed this in Thailand for many years and it has been a big no-no since the early 2000's.