Excessive noise - Sukhumvit Pattaya Thai area

tinribzzz

On Sukhumvit they've recently opened a new market and to celebrate they're holding live music every night up until the 21st, I'm talking drums, live singers, guitars etc till 1am.

I'm in a condo opposite the road on Sukhumvit 50 and honestly the noise is unbearable it's driving me a little crazy. I'm teaching all day from 6am then getting no sleep till 1am, feels like I'm not getting a moments peace.

I'm fully aware there is nothing I can do and I have got pretty used to noise around here but this is incredibly intrusive. Has anyone else been affected by this? and does this not bother the local thai residents that are having to wake early every morning?

27 minutes ago, tinribzzz said:

they're holding live music every night up until the 21st, I'm talking drums, live singers, guitars etc till 1am.

Only 5 days and only till 1am? Many have put up with much worse than this and for much longer, so maybe you should be thankful.

You can complain to 1337 (City Hall complaints line) or 1111 (NCPO complaints line). Both will probably be more effective if a Thai-speaking person does it.

10 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

A Thai would probably fall asleep on top of one of the speakers.

Try ear buds.

So true.  Noise, what noise is their answer...

OP go to Big C and get a high powered fan.

Edited by bkk6060

16 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Only 5 days and only till 1am? Many have put up with much worse than this and for much longer, so maybe you should be thankful.

You can complain to 1337 (City Hall complaints line) or 1111 (NCPO complaints line). Both will probably be more effective if a Thai-speaking person does it.

It did get better once I rationally thought this through but when your dealing with screaming kids all day (teacher) coming home to loud music can test your patience.

Thanks for all the responses!

So true.  Noise, what noise is their answer...
OP go to Big C and get a high powered fan.

Sometimes "white noise" from a fan or aircon can help but I suspect the OP is having to endure noise levels that are impossible to mask or ignore, levels that make your windows shake and can be felt vibrating in your head and lungs ?

If complaints to the town hall and junta hotlines get no response then the only real option is to check into a quiet hotel or guesthouse for a few nights, luckily there are lots of inexpensive places around, it really shouldn't happen but T.I.T it happens a lot !

38 minutes ago, johng said:

Sometimes "white noise" from a fan or aircon can help but I suspect the OP is having to endure noise levels that are impossible to mask or ignore, levels that make your windows shake and can be felt vibrating in your head and lungs ?

If complaints to the town hall and junta hotlines get no response then the only real option is to check into a quiet hotel or guesthouse for a few nights, luckily there are lots of inexpensive places around, it really shouldn't happen but T.I.T it happens a lot !

Some of those 4 ft. high larger fans have blasting fan noise.  Maybe set it right next to your bed near your head.

But I get it I have been there you are right nothing can help certain noise.  Fan, ear plugs, head phones won't work with the excessive boom boom noise.   Vibrating your head and lungs :) yes I have had that at a few hotels here.  Bad news. 

5 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

They worked fine for me. I always carry them on travel.

:)  OK.  I guess it was a bad joke.

My gf, her silicon earbuds, get it?

Its raining guess I am bored

Edited by bkk6060

:)  OK.  I guess it was a bad joke.
My gf, her silicon earbuds, get it?

Its raining guess I am bored

Ok. Got it. Maybe I'm a bit slow today.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk