Trump asked Comey to shut down Flynn probe - source

webfact

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not buying for a minute the argument that Trump wasn't aware of the inappropriateness of asking/pressuring Comey to drop an investigation. Despite his obvious ignorance of how government works, his business experience (countless lawsuits, employment practice liability) should have immediately raised ethical red flags about the appropriateness of this contact. Asking the attorney general and others to leave the room beforehand also suggests he was aware that such contact wasn't appropriate. Plus, ignorance of the law is no excuse. 

Edited by Gecko123

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

I'm not buying for a minute the argument that Trump wasn't aware of the inappropriateness of asking/pressuring Comey to drop an investigation. Despite his obvious ignorance of how government works, his business experience (countless lawsuits, employment practice liability) should have immediately raised ethical red flags about the appropriateness of this contact. Asking the attorney general and others to leave the room beforehand also suggests he was aware that such contact wasn't appropriate. Plus, ignorance of the law is no excuse. 

Another indication of that is that, according to Comey's memo, he asked everyone else to leave the room so that only he and Comey were left inside.

1 hour ago, Dagnabbit said:

Still no evidence

Right.

The F.B.I. is going to go on national T.V., cable, the internet and reveal all their sources and evidence in an ongoing investigation.

For you.

Youse guys are too funny...

Edited by iReason

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Exactly nobody has said that. 

We, those who support President Trump, have in fact been told we support actions of Timothy McVeigh. Talk about reaching new lows? 

Difficult to follow this discussion, but suffice to say a broken man, former Director Comey, isn't going to take down a duly elected President. I in fact noticed during his last public testimony he had lost his acuity and was on his way out. His defense of his rambling about Secretary Clinton's emails was more sad than disgusting. A man was losing his marbles. May he recover soon and continue his career in the private sector. God Bless Him on the way. OO.

11 minutes ago, BruceMangosteen said:

We, those who support President Trump, have in fact been told we support actions of Timothy McVeigh. Talk about reaching new lows? 

Difficult to follow this discussion, but suffice to say a broken man, former Director Comey, isn't going to take down a duly elected President. I in fact noticed during his last public testimony he had lost his acuity and was on his way out. His defense of his rambling about Secretary Clinton's emails was more sad than disgusting. A man was losing his marbles. May he recover soon and continue his career in the private sector. God Bless Him on the way. OO.

And who was it who said this? There are millions of people posting all the time on the internet. A few stray comments hardly make for a serious case.

There's a thing I see on the cars of lots of missionaries here. It's an image of a fish. This refers to the Roman era when Christians were still being persecuted. The fish was a secret symbol to let other Christians know that you were a Christian.  I put its presence on the bumpers of  pickup trucks and such here down to persecution envy.  They have a reasonably comfortable -certainly safe - life here but want tovicariously experiece a sense of persecution..

I think your comments about a few stray silly remarks comes to the same thing. 

Edited by ilostmypassword

Fact Check: Trump Is Contradictory on Comey and Misleading on Russia

"Mr. Trump contradicted Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein and his own earlier statement on firing Mr. Comey."

"Explaining the ousting of Mr. Comey, Mr. Trump again pointed to Mr. Rosenstein’s “very, very strong recommendation,” adding that he believed it had resulted from Mr. Comey’s “poor, poor performance” in a congressional hearing this month."

"But just hours earlier on Thursday, Mr. Rosenstein told the full Senate that Mr. Trump had made his decision before Mr. Rosenstein wrote the memo."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/18/us/politics/fact-check-donald-trump-james-comey-russia-border-wall-tax-cut.html

Edited by iReason

It seems like the SVR have had Flynn in their grasp since 2014/2015, through operative Svetlana Lokhova.

First on CNN: Russian officials bragged they could use Flynn to influence Trump, sources say

Washington (CNN)Russian officials bragged in conversations during the presidential campaign that they had cultivated a strong relationship with former Trump adviser retired Gen. Michael Flynn and believed they could use him to influence Donald Trump and his team, sources told CNN.

The conversations deeply concerned US intelligence officials, some of whom acted on their own to limit how much sensitive information they shared with Flynn, who was tapped to become Trump's national security adviser, current and former governments officials said.

"This was a five-alarm fire from early on," one former Obama administration official said, "the way the Russians were talking about him." Another former administration official said Flynn was viewed as a potential national security problem.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/19/politics/michael-flynn-donald-trump-russia-influence/

Edited by mtls2005

First on CNN: Russian officials bragged they could use Flynn to influence Trump, sources say

"Russian officials bragged in conversations during the presidential campaign that they had cultivated a strong relationship with former Trump adviser retired Gen. Michael Flynn and believed they could use him to influence Donald Trump and his team, sources told CNN."

"The conversations deeply concerned US intelligence officials, some of whom acted on their own to limit how much sensitive information they shared with Flynn, who was tapped to become Trump's national security adviser, current and former governments officials said."

"The conversations picked up by US intelligence officials indicated the Russians regarded Flynn as an ally, sources said."

How can anyone believe anything CNN says? They are debunked on a daily basis and are so bad that we finally just blocked them on the TV. Total trash yellow journalism.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, apetryxx said:

How can anyone believe anything CNN says? They are debunked on a daily basis and are so bad that we finally just blocked them on the TV. 

"They are debunked on a daily basis"

Gonna need some proof of that.

Or of course, you are just making stuff up.

:coffee1:

1 hour ago, apetryxx said:

How can anyone believe anything CNN says? They are debunked on a daily basis and are so bad that we finally just blocked them on the TV. Total trash yellow journalism.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I guess you could change the channel? Or turn the TV off? Or watch Fox News, while it's still being broadcast.

Is Fox still covering the Pizzagate story? Or the Seth Rich "story"?