Video: "Policeman" driving brand new Mercedes-Benz flees without paying for his gas

webfact

monthly installments for a Benz on policeman's wages and then the 'tea' money slows down,quite understandable, the policeman needed petrol and didn't have the ready's, let a peasant pay. when he gets found i don't suppose his boss will ask where he got the money for a Benz, he will know already. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, NE1 said:

A  friend of mine got stopped for driving on red plates at night time , the " real police " told him it was against the law.

Yes at night is illegal but my neighbour still did it for almost a whole year....she wears a uniform which probably helped with that.

3 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I don't know what the deal is, but some Thais seem to go crazy when they drive a car with a red license plate. 

I thought that red plate cars are not allowed on the road after 6PM. Looks dark!

Forget about the fuel that he didn't pay for, there is a much bigger story here.  Im more interested in knowing how a police officer (3 stars = lieutenant), can afford a car that is approx 7.2 times his yearly salary.  For example, If he makes approx 40,000 a month = 480,000 per year and buys a car costing approx 3,500,000.  If he used 50% of his salary it would takes him approx 15 years to pay that back.  There is no way in hell any bank is going to loan that much money over that period of time for a car.  That would be the same as someone on $50,000 per year buying a $350,000 car.  Just doesn't happen.  

6 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

What I can never understand is why the station attendants  here are responsible for paying that tab.

O.k. I admit there can be backhanded dealings going on with friends etc, I am also aware of the scams some attendants pull, but in this case it seems clear the driver is wholly guilty.

Just saying.....:smile:

In some restaruants in the states the waitress or waiter is responsible for the unpaid bill

I am left scratching my head. If you have just bought the car surely you can afford the cost of the gas. You know all gas stations have video surveillance and the shit is going to hit the fan when the video gets posted. 

20 minutes ago, Ulic said:

I am left scratching my head. If you have just bought the car surely you can afford the cost of the gas. You know all gas stations have video surveillance and the shit is going to hit the fan when the video gets posted. 

Damn, this must be an example of that "critical thinking" thing everybody talks about all the time.

7 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I don't know what the deal is, but some Thais seem to go crazy when they drive a car with a red license plate. 

First hand experience of a red plate benz being driven by a cop cutting me off and then waving his pea shooter (pistol not piss tool) out the window. Totaly nuts...anyway how on earth do you suppose these lovable public servents can afford high end vehicles? 

2 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

First hand experience of a red plate benz being driven by a cop cutting me off and then waving his pea shooter (pistol not piss tool) out the window. Totaly nuts...anyway how on earth do you suppose these lovable public servents can afford high end vehicles? 

A gift?

Common excuse used on many occasions. Could be true here since there was a lack of money for fuel.

2 hours ago, Catkiwi said:

Wonder what he would have done if he'd inadvertently (wouldn't be anything deliberate about it) cut off an armed robber, who'd then proceeded to produce his shotgun. 

"because they felt sorry for the attendant who earns just 308 baht a day."

Since when are employees held responsible for crimes commited by other people? I thought this was illegal here.

If you want to hold employees responsible, at least give them the proper weapons to ensure that they make customers pay. Or, just let the multi-billionaire company eat the loss and leave the hard-working attendant alone.

6 hours ago, exalll said:

I thought that red plate cars are not allowed on the road after 6PM. Looks dark!

You are technically right, but nobody follows that law, and nobody enforces it.

This law is just plain ridiculous and I'm pretty sure that most Thais have no idea that this law even exists.

5 hours ago, Phuketboy said:

Forget about the fuel that he didn't pay for, there is a much bigger story here.  Im more interested in knowing how a police officer (3 stars = lieutenant), can afford a car that is approx 7.2 times his yearly salary.  For example, If he makes approx 40,000 a month = 480,000 per year and buys a car costing approx 3,500,000.  If he used 50% of his salary it would takes him approx 15 years to pay that back.  There is no way in hell any bank is going to loan that much money over that period of time for a car.  That would be the same as someone on $50,000 per year buying a $350,000 car.  Just doesn't happen.  

It does in Thailand.  You're  forgetting about the tea money bonuses

11 hours ago, lvr181 said:

And if the car "owner" doesn't want to give up the driver, then charge the owner with theft! Name and shame.

Name and shame in this place you are joking of course as there is something called the CCA which is designed to shut your mouth. even when the scum do something they can sue you.

The act is a sham and rip's of people Like Jonathon Head and others who do the right thing and name and shame.

scum law used by ultra scum people but only in this neck of the woods

Boy do I know it.