Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert Mueller subpoenas Trump, family info at Deutsche Bank

The Special Counsel’s investigation has moved closer to President Trump and his family by requesting information about their finances from a German bank, according to reports.

Deutsche Bank, the largest German lender and the force behind multiple Trump projects, received a subpoena several weeks ago, the newspaper Handelsblatt first reported Tuesday.

The bank, which Trump reportedly owed $300 million for his real estate business dealings, had previously rejected calls for more information about how it worked with the entrepreneur-turned-executive.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/robert-mueller-subpoenas-trump-info-deutsche-bank-article-1.3678229

I'm going to assume that there's a very high probability that there's some very damaging to trump information in the bank records. trump has been clear before. Looking at his finances is a huge RED LINE for him. trump must be totally freaking out now. What will he do? Fire Mueller and maybe spark a constitutional crisis? In any case, I'd be shocked if there isn't a twitter sheit storm to end all twitter sheit storms coming from the SUPER troll president soon ... 

You can bet the house Hillary Clinton will be irrelevantly mentioned ... :stoner:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/12/05/robert-mueller-is-following-the-money-and-that-may-put-trump-in-serious-danger/

"Mueller is following the money, and that may put Trump in serious danger"

By Paul Waldman

Edited by Jingthing

10 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

BREAKING NEWS!

Trump-Russia probe: Mueller 'demands Deutsche Bank data' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42240588

Given how much equity he has in most of his projects his finances don't look that shaky; though you couldn't pay me to hold his paper. 

https://www.forbes.com/donald-trump/#32d2cb692899

23 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Given how much equity he has in most of his projects his finances don't look that shaky; though you couldn't pay me to hold his paper. 

That deal he did in Florida with his home seems really dodgy.

One thing I read is they want to see if Russia has him by the short ones due to loans coming due.

25 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

That deal he did in Florida with his home seems really dodgy.

One thing I read is they want to see if Russia has him by the short ones due to loans coming due.

It is certainly possible he may have unrecorded loans or been vastly overpaid in asset sales. Those are so rare something dodgy going on would be the natural assumption. The Special Prosecutor's mandate seems to be shifting a bit though. If he doesn't come up with something substantial from this line of inquiry he's going to get accused of being on a fishing expedition, and not without some justification.

Edited by lannarebirth

57 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

you couldn't pay me to hold his paper

Banks may not have such restraint, especially if bank equity is not their own.

40 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

"Deutsche Bank, one of the Trump Organization's major lenders on its real estate projects"

The question that Mueller may be pursuing is to what extent if any has Trump benefited from Russian oligarchy money laundering that would feed Trump's equity. I'm sure criminal organizations  have strong equity in their "projects" too but that doesn't make those finances legal.

Mr. Kushner also established his own relationship with Deutsche Bank. Deutsche Bank paid more than $600 million in penalties to New York and British regulators for laundering money for Russian entities.  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/business/big-german-bank-key-to-trumps-finances-faces-new-scrutiny.html

29 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

It is certainly possible he may have unrecorded loans or been vastly overpaid in asset sales. Those are so rare something dodgy going on would be the natural assumption. The Special Prosecutor's mandate seems to be shifting a bit though. If he doesn't come up with something substantial from this line of inquiry he's going to get accused of being on a fishing expedition, and not without some justification.

Muller and his team are the best of the best. They'll come up with a lot. And already have. Love how he's taken down a few lobbyists already. Scum.

4 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Banks may not have such restraint, especially if bank equity is not their own.

"Deutsche Bank, one of the Trump Organization's major lenders on its real estate projects"

The question that Mueller may be pursuing is to what extent if any has Trump benefited from Russian oligarchy money laundering that would feed Trump's equity. I'm sure criminal organizations  have strong equity in their "projects" too but that doesn't make those finances legal.

Mr. Kushner also established his own relationship with Deutsche Bank. Deutsche Bank paid more than $600 million in penalties to New York and British regulators for laundering money for Russian entities.  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/business/big-german-bank-key-to-trumps-finances-faces-new-scrutiny.html

I'd hold a secured note. I just wouldn't hold a bond, which he has historically had trouble honoring.

That's interesting but not surprising about the Deutsche Bank money laundering charges and fine. I think a lot of banks do that but perhaps less desperately. Even if they are laundering money by loaning Russian sourced money to Trump, UNLESS he's aware of it and complicit in the scheme I don't think there's any criminal risk to him.

2 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

"Mueller has a record that shows a man of fallible judgment who can be slow to alter his chosen course. At times, he has intimidated or provoked resentment among subordinates."

Mueller sounds like the perfect match for Trump.

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

I don't agree with the closing sentence, above.

There are tanker trucks full of juicy stuff to bust Trump and his cabal with.  This imbroglio has tentacles which are stretching farther each week.  Watergate put over 50 people in prison.  Trump-Russia will likely put twice that many behind bars.  Mueller has put together a talented and smart team.  It may start winding down by June, next year. Trump and his cabal have big reasons to be sweating blood. 

19 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

I don't agree with the closing sentence, above.

There are tanker trucks full of juicy stuff to bust Trump and his cabal with.  This imbroglio has tentacles which are stretching farther each week.  Watergate put over 50 people in prison.  Trump-Russia will likely put twice that many behind bars.  Mueller has put together a talented and smart team.  It may start winding down by June, next year. Trump and his cabal have big reasons to be sweating blood. 

I don't think Trump's got a cabal, that's why he's vulnerable to having any illegal actions he's participated in discovered and prosecuted. People with cabals have a whole host of allies to run interfence for them. Trump does not.

It may well be that there is a tanker truck full of juicy stuff to bust Trump with, but if it strays to far from his original mandate Mueller has to go back to the AG to get permission to pursue it. Those are his instructions per 28 CFR 600.4

Edited by lannarebirth

8 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I don't think Trump's got a cabal, that's why he's vulnerable to having any illegal actions he's participated in discovered and prosecuted. People with cabals have a whole host of allies to run interfence for them. Trump does not.

It may well be that there is a tanker truck full of juicy stuff to bust Trump with, but if it strays to far from his original mandate Mueller has to go back to the AG to get permission to pursue it. Those are his instructions per 28 CFR 600.4

image.png.bb0160608f646b01c7705e11b95d6767.png

As long as it's a matter that arises directly from the investigation, Mueller's covered.

On the basis of what exactly is he doing a great job?

Record employment figures, stock markets booming, record investment in American industry,lying media outlets exposed and taken to task, public land returned to be used by the public and the list goes on. Don’t agree with everything he does he’s a bit of a character lol.If he doesn’t get shot he will be one of the best presidents you’ve had

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Jsinbkk said:

lowering taxes / rebuilding the US military

Lowering taxes first on business and then on the wealthy Very little left over for others. There's virtually no evidence to support the position that lowering taxes on corporations and the wealthy will stimulate the economy. Certainly not enough to pay for the cuts as Republicans claim. The same Republicans who claim to be concerned about deficits. Basically, they're concerned about pleasing the Koch et alii.  And exactly how big does the US military need to be? The USA already spends more than the the total of the next 7 nations. 37% of world military spending.

2 hours ago, chezy86 said:

Record employment figures, stock markets booming, record investment in American industry,lying media outlets exposed and taken to task, public land returned to be used by the public and the list goes on. Don’t agree with everything he does he’s a bit of a character lol.If he doesn’t get shot he will be one of the best presidents you’ve had

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The economy is a continuation of the Obama recovery.  No matter how many times that is pointed out, the willfully ignorant refuse to accept it.  Public land is being taken from the public to be exploited by private businesses, not everyone thinks that's a good thing.

"lying media outlets exposed"?  You offer a list of lies told by MSM and I'll make a list of lies told by President Trump, and we'll see which list is longer.

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

Lowering taxes first on business and then on the wealthy Very little left over for others. There's virtually no evidence to support the position that lowering taxes on corporations and the wealthy will stimulate the economy. Certainly not enough to pay for the cuts as Republicans claim. The same Republicans who claim to be concerned about deficits. Basically, they're concerned about pleasing the Koch et alii.  And exactly how big does the US military need to be? The USA already spends more than the the total of the next 7 nations. 37% of world military spending.

Corporate taxes are just another cost input into the creation of goods and services. Consumers pay. It is a hidden regressive tax. Liberals who support high corporate tax do not understand basic economics. 

Just now, Jsinbkk said:

Corporate taxes are just another cost input into the creation of goods and services. Consumers pay. It is a hidden regressive tax. Liberals who support high corporate tax do not understand basic economics. 

So you think business will lower prices now? :stoner:

trumpists want to make the entire USA like KANSAS.

A disaster ruled by moronic disproved ideology. 

2 minutes ago, Jsinbkk said:

So are corporate taxes regressive if they're low. And of course, while corporate taxes are nominally high in the USA, in fact they are not high given the huge number of loopholes and exemptions.

That said, I would it would be a huge improvement if corporate taxes were eliminated and dividends and capital gains were taxed at the same rate as income. Why should government favor certain kinds of income over other kinds of income? And there would be one regressive tax less.

2 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

So are corporate taxes regressive if they're low. And of course, while corporate taxes are nominally high in the USA, in fact they are not high given the huge number of loopholes and exemptions.

That said, I would it would be a huge improvement if corporate taxes were eliminated and dividends and capital gains were taxed at the same rate as income. Why should government favor certain kinds of income over other kinds of income? And there would be one regressive tax less.

Low corporate taxes are less regressive. Ideally corporate tax would be zero. Government lowers tax on dividends and capital gains to promote investment but I agree that it makes no sense to have a preference for investment over labor. 

Government is stupid. Avoid it. 

Off-topic posts, starting with the '...but, but, but Hillary' argument and working its way through how to spell and pretty much everything in between, have been removed along with replies.  

Don't respond to troll posts.   At a minimum, don't quote them.