Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The politics of impeachment. Even with such a historically horrible, abnormal, and divisive potus as the orange clown there are still good arguments not to push for impeachment. I reckon there will have to be some smoking guns to change the politics of this. 

Ixnay on Impeachmentay

Democratic leaders are trying hard to keep a lid on impeachment talk.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2017/11/why-democratic-leaders-dont-want-to-talk-about-impeachment.html

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Skywalker69 said:

Trump Supporters’ Favorite Internet Personality Was Just Revealed To Be A Russian Troll

It seems that the Twitter page the alt-right has been praising has been a Russian troll this whole time. Jenna Abrams’ Twitter account was confirmed by Congressional investigators on Thursday to run out of St. Petersburg, Russia’s infamous troll farm.

The account known as “Abrams,” according to the Daily Beast, was run along with thousands of others, by the Kremlin-funded Internet Research Agency.

http://politicaldig.com/trump-supporters-favorite-internet-personality-just-revealed-russian-troll/

Trump has probably retweeted so many Russian originated tweets to be considered a Russian collaborator. :smile:

Report: amid Trump-Russia arrests, Donald Trump begins inquiring about resignation

Now that Special Counsel Robert Mueller has begun arresting and flipping people in Donald Trump’s Russia scandal, it seems just a matter of time before Trump’s presidency topples, and his freedom and fortune come under great risk.

Trump initially used two allies to float the idea that he may not seek a second term, sending a signal that he may be trying to find a way out. Now comes a report that he’s begun inquiring about resignation.

http://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/resign-trump-inquiring/5829/

4 hours ago, Srikcir said:

You stated "Steele paid FSB (KGB) officers for the information."

In that context wouldn't publication be embarrassing for HRC and, thus, good for Putin? 

But alas, the dossier was made public after the election.

She is bragging about funding it on TV now.  I don't think you can embarrass the woman. 

14 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Can you find me a quote where Clinton bragged about it?

I'm not a gopher.  Try google. "clinton bragging about funding steele dossier" 

About 194,000 results (0.61 seconds) One of them should work for you.

3 minutes ago, mogandave said:

If the orange buffoon can just push through enough tax cuts for the greedy rich he’ll be able to buy the courts and be in office until he dies.
Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I hear Trump is going to resign so no worries about him doing too much more and no woes about impeachment. 

56 minutes ago, Skywalker69 said:

Trump Supporters’ Favorite Internet Personality Was Just Revealed To Be A Russian Troll

It seems that the Twitter page the alt-right has been praising has been a Russian troll this whole time. Jenna Abrams’ Twitter account was confirmed by Congressional investigators on Thursday to run out of St. Petersburg, Russia’s infamous troll farm.

The account known as “Abrams,” according to the Daily Beast, was run along with thousands of others, by the Kremlin-funded Internet Research Agency.

http://politicaldig.com/trump-supporters-favorite-internet-personality-just-revealed-russian-troll/

In Right-Wingers' defense: The account had a western-sounding name 'Jenna Abrams.'  Maybe right wingers were thinking 'the Abrams tank'.  Either way, right-wingers are sooooo easy to dupe.  Look at who they voted for.

47 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The politics of impeachment. Even with such a historically horrible, abnormal, and divisive potus as the orange clown there are still good arguments not to push for impeachment. I reckon there will have to be some smoking guns to change the politics of this. Ixnay on Impeachmentay.
Democratic leaders are trying hard to keep a lid on impeachment talk.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2017/11/why-democratic-leaders-dont-want-to-talk-about-impeachment.html

Here are two basic reasons why I think Dem politicians are holding back on impeachment talk:   

A.   There are hard-core congresspeople on the other side of the aisle who won't vote reasonably, no matter what.  If Trump was eating babies in the Oval Office, they wouldn't sway from supporting him.

B.   As long as Trump is in the Oval Office, he's a one-man demolition team destroying the Republican Party.  Why interrupt that?  Unless, the Dufus in Chief decides one night, in a fit of Tweet fever, to start the next world war.  

7 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

You are still flogging this (dead) horse. Nothing has been proven about Russia as regards poor Hillary not getting her rightful win. There clearly was no collusion between Trump and the Kremlin. OK, maybe somebody Trump knew has been to Russia sometime in the past.  Big deal, lots of people have been to Russia. As I said to you before when you were coming out with this crazy notion that Russia won the election for Trump, just wait until 2020 and get the Dems to do no campaigning, no debating, no advertizing, just give some Russian troll a few bucks and let them take an advert on Facebook and see if it wins the election! Can you see how crazy this is yet?

Now back to reality, when CNN and other fiercely anti-Trump media call off the hounds there will be a huge task in building bridges with Russia. This whole sorry saga has damaged the US's relations with Russia and will take a real statesman to repair it. Luckily we have Trump in the hot seat and nobody knows the art of the deal like Donald. So there is hope, but really, time to accept it. Hillary lost - lets move on. Nobody will impeach Trump, and he will not be forced to resign. He is our president for the next 3 years and if you don't come to terms with why your team lost then Trump will ace the 2020 election again.Your choice...

The horse metaphor only works if the horse is already dead, so the brackets around “dead” are superfluous.

But that is the least of the errors in your post.

There is nothing “clear” about “no collusion.” What’s clear is:

::The Russians did intervene;

::That even if they did not favor Trump, did want to harm Hillary;

::That only the Trump campaign had proven multiple contacts with Russians;

::That these were high level contacts including the campaign chairman, the candidate’s son, son-in-Law and the candidate’s first and most prominent senate backer, Jeff Sessions and future Nat’l Security Advisor Flynn;

::That they ALL first failed to disclose, then lied about those contacts, again and again.

It is also clear that the Trump campaign’s only input into the GOP platform was to water down proposals for anti-Russian action in Ukraine. 

It’s further clear that since taking office, Trump’s actions have been favorable to Russian interests without any clear benefit for American interests:

::Appoint a friend of Russia as head of the State Dept.

::Alienate NATO allies

::Sow distrust of America among traditional allies.

::Alienate friendly neighbors to no beneficial end.

::Scrupulously avoid any criticism of Russia while showing no such scruples towards traditional allies.

::Try avoid a new Russia sanctions bill.

::When forced to sign, avoid implementing said bill.

::Sow divisions within the US.

::Weaken American diplomacy by failing to appoint ambassadors to major countries.

“CNN and other fiercely anti-Trump media” —they are not fiercely anti-anything; they report the facts. The facts are anti-Trump.

3 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

The word "bragging" does not appear in the article.

She does not apologize and defends pursuing opposition research.

Thanks for that- I was about to waste my time reading it.  This is an emergent trait amongst Trump supporters here.  Make a claim, and try to back it up (usually only upon being pressed) with a link that fails spectacularly to prove the point

2 minutes ago, Slip said:

Thanks for that- I was about to waste my time reading it.  This is an emergent trait amongst Trump supporters here.  Make a claim, and try to back it up (usually only upon being pressed) with a link that fails spectacularly to prove the point

We're dealing with trolls trying to subvert any talk of impeachment.

9 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

<snip>

“CNN and other fiercely anti-Trump media” —they are not fiercely anti-anything; they report the facts. The facts are anti-Trump.

CNN report the facts?  That is the most laughable portion of your post. The rest of it is Trump Derangement Syndrome at it's finest. It is clear where you get your "news" from.

35 minutes ago, amvet said:

Since when does "defending" mean "bragging" .  Let me acquaint you with the definition of "bragging."

bragging

NOUN

mass noun

3 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Since when does "defending" mean "bragging" .  Let me acquaint you with the definition of "bragging."

bragging

NOUN

mass noun

I watched the interview and it seemed like bragging to me.  I've known Hillary for a long time so maybe I read her moods better than most. 

28 minutes ago, 348GTS said:

CNN report the facts?  That is the most laughable portion of your post. The rest of it is Trump Derangement Syndrome at it's finest. It is clear where you get your "news" from.

I pity the wall you bashed your head against; contact with your head may have made it dumber than it already was.

34 minutes ago, 348GTS said:

CNN report the facts?

Yes, of course.  Are they perfect?  No, of course not.  The tactic trump supporters always use is to cherry pick to generalize about who they are attacking, whether it is the press, an institution or an individual.  It's the argument of a tyrant.

The question is, Who has most credibility?  The mainstream press, many of whom tend to be right leaning, or the far right-wing propaganda mills funded by a few billionaire families who are intent on dismantling a progressive society?  Ask a wealthy trump supporter that question and they'll sell democracy and truth down the drain for a tax break.

I can't wait to see this billionaire tax reform scam burn to the ground like Trump's attempt to repeal the ACA.

Edited by EvenSteven

4 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

I pity the wall you bashed your head against; contact with your head may have made it dumber than it already was.

Yawn... Water off a duck's back. We are all used to liberals resorting to name calling or insults, regardless of how sanctimonious and high brow they attempt to be. Because it is the only way they can "win" a debate. Which is why engaging one is utterly pointless. Nevermind, I'll leave you to it.

7 minutes ago, EvenSteven said:

Yes, of course.  Are they perfect?  No, of course not.  The tactic trump supporters always use is to cherry pick to generalize about who they are attacking, whether it is the press, an institution or an individual.  It's the argument of a tyrant.

The question is, Who has most credibility?  The mainstream press, many of whom tend to be right leaning, or the far right-wing propaganda mills funded by a few billionaire families who are intent on dismantling a progressive society?  Ask a wealthy trump supporter that question and they'll sell democracy and truth down the drain for a tax break.

I believe it was Harvard who did some research recently, and determined that Fox News (yes, you read that correctly) provided the fairest and most balanced news coverage. The blatantly pro Clinton / anti Trump media scored something like 92% negative coverage. The mainstream media are mostly left leaning and more like a Clinton / Democrat PR arm than an objective organisations reporting the news.